UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm blown away by Miocic...

6/16/13 9:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
the geek -
jTheHybridwolff - Just imagine If Stipe would have still been fighting Soa Palelei throwing bombs like he did I think he would have more then likely Ko'd Soa with some of the shot Roy took Phone Post 3.0
What happened to that fight? Did they pull Soa or was he injured? Phone Post 3.0
They pulled Soa replaced him with Roy and bumped the fight to co main Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Hybrid.

6/17/13 9:03 AM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Yeah, he's picking him apart, but there are times where he literally turns his back and starts running. I hate that, I'm not saying to stand there and exchange, but there are other ways. Phone Post

He's running to get back to the center of the cage to regain control and have room to keep moving to Roy's left, away from the overhand right.

Couldn't agree more. I can understand not liking it when a fighter does that for no purpose, but he's clearly using ringmanship.

Same thing when a guy sticks and moves, as much as ppl hated Condit when he danced around Diaz, and that was worse than this fight, it was completely different from the Guida-Maynard fight ppl were bitching about just before, where you had the backpedalling, but no outside striking.

And to ppl comparing him to Starnes... Even briefly... No, just no lol

Rewatch that aborted fetus of a fight, he doesn't turn his back and run to any part of the ring, he literally does fucking laps lol
6/17/13 10:03 AM
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB -
the geek - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Yeah, he's picking him apart, but there are times where he literally turns his back and starts running. I hate that, I'm not saying to stand there and exchange, but there are other ways. Phone Post

He's running to get back to the center of the cage to regain control and have room to keep moving to Roy's left, away from the overhand right.

Couldn't agree more. I can understand not liking it when a fighter does that for no purpose, but he's clearly using ringmanship.

Same thing when a guy sticks and moves, as much as ppl hated Condit when he danced around Diaz, and that was worse than this fight, it was completely different from the Guida-Maynard fight ppl were bitching about just before, where you had the backpedalling, but no outside striking.

And to ppl comparing him to Starnes... Even briefly... No, just no lol

Rewatch that aborted fetus of a fight, he doesn't turn his back and run to any part of the ring, he literally does fucking laps lol
Thanks bro. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 10:21 AM
Yussarian
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - meh, if Roy was in shape the fight would have gone way differently.

If Roy was in shape, he would be @ 185 :)
6/17/13 11:19 AM
TheLumberjackLisi
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

until Stipe
6/17/13 11:20 AM
jTheHybridwolff
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
jTheHybridwolff - 
the geek -
jTheHybridwolff - Just imagine If Stipe would have still been fighting Soa Palelei throwing bombs like he did I think he would have more then likely Ko'd Soa with some of the shot Roy took Phone Post 3.0
What happened to that fight? Did they pull Soa or was he injured? Phone Post 3.0
They pulled Soa replaced him with Roy and bumped the fight to co main Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Hybrid.

Anytime my friend ! Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 12:38 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Completely agree Geek. I've always liked the guy; he looked great on Saturday ( which is hard as hell to do against Big Country).

I thought a lot of ppl wrote him off after his loss and that was a premature thing to do. This guy's gonna stick around for a while. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 7:11 PM
the geek

mmavixen - Completely agree Geek. I've always liked the guy; he looked great on Saturday ( which is hard as hell to do against Big Country).

I thought a lot of ppl wrote him off after his loss and that was a premature thing to do. This guy's gonna stick around for a while. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Vixen :) Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:17 AM
FinestScotch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

panic686 - 
Jaybrone -
ortman166 - I didn't think he was running away, he for sure wasn't pulling a condit/guida Phone Post 3.0
Actually he was just like Condit. But morons continue to say that all Carlos did was run. In both cases they would land combos and when they got against the cage would get out and back to the center to reengage. It just happens that Diaz did a bit more than Roy to make it a close fight. Phone Post 3.0
Yep Phone Post

Nope.

How many times did Condit even stagger Diaz? He was putting zero power in his combos because he didn't want to engage at all.

When is the last time you saw someone land this combo with such little power, they still had to back away from the opponent after?

Sad.

How many times did Condit push Diaz back into the corner because he was landing beautiful fast, accurate and damaging combos? Exactly 0 times. Condit would not stand in Diaz' range, unlike Miocic

Every time Stipe got away from Roy, he gave himself space to move from his patented right hand, *then immidiately started landing hard shots again*.

Every time Condit ran from Diaz, it was 20 seconds before he was walked back into the cage and running away again.

This fight was NOTHING like Condit/Diaz, and comparing Miocic's domination to Condit's track meet tryout is down right insutling to Stipe.

6/18/13 1:54 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - meh, if Roy was in shape the fight would have gone way differently.

What a fucking loser. Did you even watch that fight, ya nut-hugging faggot?
6/18/13 7:17 PM
the geek

TheLumberjackLisi - until Stipe
this Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 10:53 PM
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flawlessvictory - something you guys may find interesting . One of Stipe and my assistant coaches sent me a txt during the week and said Roy was eating pizza and wings all fight week.

I asked how do you know that ?

He said because I've been eating at the same place as well lol

Roy gets it done and well done a lot of the time and we know he's not a health nut. But eating pizza and wings can't help your performance fight week. Phone Post 3.0

It saddens me to know that Roy cares this little about fighting. Makes me think that he isn't there for love of the sport, but rather a paycheck.
6/19/13 7:28 PM
the geek

Porkchop -
flawlessvictory - something you guys may find interesting . One of Stipe and my assistant coaches sent me a txt during the week and said Roy was eating pizza and wings all fight week.

I asked how do you know that ?

He said because I've been eating at the same place as well lol

Roy gets it done and well done a lot of the time and we know he's not a health nut. But eating pizza and wings can't help your performance fight week. Phone Post 3.0

It saddens me to know that Roy cares this little about fighting. Makes me think that he isn't there for love of the sport, but rather a paycheck.
I know eh. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 8:06 PM
the geek

the geek -
TheLumberjackLisi - until Stipe
this Phone Post 3.0
Still this. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.