UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> DL'ing full games from Playstation Store

6/16/13 2:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thinking of purchasing the Last Of Us, but want to get your guys opinions before I spend $60...is there any issues DL'ing full games from the PS Store? Glitches, etc?

6/16/13 2:53 PM
RicePicker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's over 20gb man, I'd just buy it from a store. But there's no glitches or anything Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 5:09 PM
Granpa
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will take you about 3 weeks to download. Playstation network is slow as FUCK.
6/16/13 6:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn it Granpa, always cranky.

6/16/13 7:54 PM
mjbreese
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I downloaded it from the PSN, it was from what I hear 26 GB. The game lets you start playing it though once it's half done from what I heard. I just downloaded the file from the PSN which was 150 mb. Then you start the game up and it went to a countdown screen which was about 4 hours. went to work and when I came back it was good to go.

I found it rather amusing that the game is 26 Gigs. up until about a year and a half ago my entire monthly internet allowance was 25 Gigs.
6/16/13 9:05 PM
MITman2k
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ This brings up an interesting question with regards to next gen. I think PS4 , and Xbox one digital downloads will only be more ubiquitious and will take up more disk space compared to Ps3/Xbox360. For many people in the U.S. (and elsewhere like canada) there's going to be more and more consumer demand to have caps increased. it'll be interesting to see how they respond(companies and consumers)

6/16/13 10:01 PM
soreshins
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Downloaded loads of full games from PSN. Never had a problem. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 2:22 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it cool man I have a ton dl'ed games for psn. The only problem I've ever with them is when I didnt have internet for a while I wasnt able to play some.

And when I say for a while it was months. I thought my ps3 was toast cuz it stopped working so i parked it for like 4 months then one day I tried just to see whats up and its been working like new ever since...kinda weird.

Plus if you have the space on ur drive use it. you dont need to "save" it for other shit.
6/17/13 4:17 AM
redeye2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i recent;ly bought super street fighter arcade edition from the store. price 8 dollars.

and i downloaded it in 3 hours.

file size 17gb.
6/17/13 6:06 AM
absolutesperry
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've playstation plus so have download entry if free full games.
I decided to get the disc for last of us. It was same price in shops, so didn't have to take up space and can lend it to friends. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 7:13 AM
Bigjon29
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - It will take you about 3 weeks to download. Playstation network is slow as FUCK.
This its always been shit

I can download a 20gb game on steam in under an hour but the same on PSN takes 4 times that. Hope this improves in the next gen Phone Post
6/17/13 2:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I have the Slim 120 GB system, I have plenty of space because I only use it for saving games.

6/17/13 10:22 PM
supersaiyan

never had any issue downloading Anything on Ps3 from the PSstore in my experience...it was as easy as putting a disc ..only thing like some folks said is that it takes time to dl the games/demos
6/17/13 10:23 PM
supersaiyan

one thing that always got me in a weird funny was that some demos had more gigs to dl than freaking full games!!!

never quite got that understanding.
6/18/13 7:02 AM
Don_Dada
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you get to start playing at 10% or something while it downloads the rest in background. I got told The Last of Us was the first digital release to exercise this feature. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 4:26 PM
supersaiyan

Don_Dada - I think you get to start playing at 10% or something while it downloads the rest in background. I got told The Last of Us was the first digital release to exercise this feature. Phone Post 3.0

hmm...guess they are trying implement what MS has been doing for quite some time now
6/19/13 1:27 PM
NHBDaddy
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - It will take you about 3 weeks to download. Playstation network is slow as FUCK.

6/20/13 1:18 PM
pigpen
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've downloaded about 15-20 games(some of those demos.) As of now I have to delete a game to get a new one. I have a 250 gig ps3.

I was going to download uncharted 3 but holy crap it was 40 gigs! Guess it's time to get another hd for my PlayStation. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.