UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Henderson: I thought I won

6/16/13 9:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

As UFC president Dana White explained during the UFC 161 post fight media scrum, the main event was so close either Dan Henderson or winner Rashad Evans could have gotten the nod without raising any eyebrows. After the fight, Dan Henderson respectfully expressed his belief the he won.

“He stood there and fought me," said Henderson. "He didn’t run away. It was a close fight. I thought I won (although) he kept the pressure on in the third round and never let me get a little breather. He did a great job fighting tonight.”

Further, Henderson has no intention of retiring.

“I’m just a little more pissed off now than before," he said. "More pissed at myself than anyone else. I’ve got no one else to blame.”

Who do you think won the fight?

6/16/13 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goob9
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was close could have gone either way. I was for Hendo though and always will be. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:22 PM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The close wasfight i think he could wom if he didnt lose theround to Rashad lol obliviously i know but its in there to him.

Hendo can i td Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:24 PM
Dead President
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a fan of JBJ but that version of Hendo would have been killed in the Octagon. I don't know what he thinks he would bring to that fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:26 PM
UGCTT_Song2
746 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth - The close wasfight i think he could wom if he didnt lose theround to Rashad lol obliviously i know but its in there to him.

Too much meth Phone Post
6/16/13 9:27 PM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 2nd round was the kicker. Hendo took the 1st clearly, Rashad clearly had the 3rd. The second was so close but I think Rashad controlled him a bit more and I think had that the td in the 2nd, can't remember. Had he done just a bit more in that 2nd he could have taken it. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:28 PM
Ip Man 81

VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth - The close wasfight i think he could wom if he didnt lose theround to Rashad lol obliviously i know but its in there to him.

Hmmmmmm do explain??? Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:45 PM
juanderlei
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth - The close wasfight i think he could wom if he didnt lose theround to Rashad lol obliviously i know but its in there to him.

I wild each it that meets their naked

This Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:46 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad won
6/16/13 9:49 PM
The Brool Story Company

i thought he won too

6/16/13 9:52 PM
OGT

Phenomenal post, 10/10, would read again Phone Post
6/16/13 9:53 PM
Brigham
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU Phone Post
6/16/13 10:00 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No excuses made, hespect Hendo, hespect Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 10:01 PM
TKjr
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 10:14 PM
Goblowyourself
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shad won and to be honest thought he put on a really good performance contrary to popular belief Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 11:01 PM
Shanks
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 11:37 PM
UGCTT_Song2
746 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout - Hendo lost that one...I think Hendo is at teh end of his career. :(
Nah he at beginning Phone Post
6/16/13 11:37 PM
Emperor Nero

Edited: 06/16/13 11:37 PM
There were some good exchanges for both for one Rashad did well in the 3rd I believe after Hendo hit him and he immediately countered with a strong flurry, nothing landed cleanly from what I remember but it was a good attempt
6/17/13 12:53 AM
FieryErmine

I would have given the nod to Rashad, but I couldn't have been upset if the judges disagreed. The clearest round was the first, which Dan won, certainly. The second round was very even, but Dan briefly fell from a strike. I think Rashed landed better and more numerous strikes in the third.
6/17/13 1:13 AM
MdGeist

Ip Man 81 - The 2nd round was the kicker. Hendo took the 1st clearly, Rashad clearly had the 3rd. The second was so close but I think Rashad controlled him a bit more and I think had that the td in the 2nd, can't remember. Had he done just a bit more in that 2nd he could have taken it. Phone Post 3.0
When a round is that close like it was in the 2nd, these judges just need to score it 10-10. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 1:13 AM
bhealthy

TRT makes ya talk crazy. that wasn't even close
6/17/13 1:39 AM
Proteus The Invincible

I had the first round for Hendo, the second a draw, and the third for Rashad. I don't see any reason why a winner should've been declared in that fight. People, for one reason or another, seem to dislike draws, but I think the judges' refusal to score them cheapens the sport greatly.
6/17/13 1:41 AM
Emperor Nero

Both raise arms yay!
6/17/13 1:41 AM
Emperor Nero

Wait.. what
6/17/13 2:04 AM
Brabatross

I say draw. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.