UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is it just me or did Twood get robbed?

6/17/13 1:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thought he won an easy 30-27

6/17/13 1:30 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The boss agrees with you. I didn't watch and don't plan on watching it though. Phone Post
6/17/13 1:31 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ceasar Gracie camp doesn't mind when little baby kicks and knees are landing in their favour. Should've just called it a draw.
6/17/13 1:36 AM
GMUNIT
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought they got it right

If you don't rush Shields, he finds a way to beat you

personally, I find it great how he controls the fights by slowing them down. maybe not the most exciting, but effective
6/17/13 1:39 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - The boss agrees with you. I didn't watch and don't plan on watching it though. Phone Post
I agree too.

I wish I never watched. :( Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 1:39 AM
ender852
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna look up the stats Phone Post
6/17/13 1:42 AM
ku3mm3t
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup. Robbed.

Jake hugged, stalled, and stalemated his way to victory. No hespect. Phone Post
6/17/13 1:43 AM
Emperor Nero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very close fight, I expected Woodley to be ahead on judges scoring, but was only minorly surprised. Everyone I watched with agreed this was more or less a draw. Shields took the biggest punch to the face like a champ, but also had more control.
6/17/13 1:44 AM
minotauro11
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also thought Tyron won all three rounds. I personally don't count shots that do no damage as scoring, and I don't consider failing to complete takedowns as octagon control. Tyron could have done more but I thought he definitely did enough to win. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 1:51 AM
ender852

Jake Sheilds was just tapping him when he kicked, there was like no force.

also when he was elbowing him in the forearm like 30 times in 10 seconds, did they count all those as sig strikes?

WTF?

6/17/13 1:54 AM
boxing wiz
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Jake was just active enough to squeak the rounds. Minus the one spinning backfist, Tyron did absolutely nothing. He has only himself to blame. He didn't fight at all like a young hungry guy trying to stamp his place in the sport. He laid back and seemed resigned to accept the clinches and lean against the cage. Tyron was the far superior athlete in the fight, he should have at least attempted to show it, which he did not.
6/17/13 1:56 AM
Proteus The Invincible

It was a very slow fight (mainly because of Shields), but I think Tyron edged out the win by being the only one who did anything, landing all the hard strikes. I wouldn't have been very upset with a draw, but I think it's an absolute travesty that Shields was awarded the victory for doing just about as close to nothing as is possible in an MMA fight.
6/17/13 1:57 AM
Brabatross

Tyron did so much more damage. Even when Shields had him against the cage, Tyron was landing the better shots. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 2:01 AM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither of them won that 'fight'

6/17/13 2:03 AM
Emperor Nero

Oh yeah the spinning backfist that was good as well it was fast
6/17/13 2:12 AM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was SHOCKED to see the Fight metric numbers...

They had the "signifigant strikes" at 82 to 60 in Jake's favor. (132 to 97 total strikes)

When I was watching it I don't remember thinking Jake was landing so much more.

6/17/13 2:29 AM
ender852

boxing wiz - I thought Jake was just active enough to squeak the rounds. Minus the one spinning backfist, Tyron did absolutely nothing. He has only himself to blame. He didn't fight at all like a young hungry guy trying to stamp his place in the sport. He laid back and seemed resigned to accept the clinches and lean against the cage. Tyron was the far superior athlete in the fight, he should have at least attempted to show it, which he did not.

how about stuffing 18 out of 18 takedowns, and leg kicking Jake so hard he fell down TWICE!

he landed all the power shots and took no damage.

6/17/13 2:32 AM
Christian_

backpedaling for 15 minutes and landing a couple leg kicks means u win now?
lol
6/17/13 2:51 AM
BigTedBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a boring fight Tyrone probably just didn't look busy enough to get the nod. After the last fight I thought he would come out swinging looking for a KO like most of us were expecting. Phone Post
6/17/13 2:54 AM
Barbalos

RileyPust - The Ceasar Gracie camp doesn't mind when little baby kicks and knees are landing in their favour. Should've just called it a draw.

LOL yes, if someone did this against a Diaz they would be crying all day, but it's Shields so he gets a pass. #fake420whiner 4 life
6/17/13 3:51 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

You know who got robbed? Dustin Pague got robbed. He did everything in his power to and finish and win, but still lost. It's watching decisions like that, that makes me not feel that bad for Tyron. Because I don't care if you think he won or lost. He didn't go for it, he didn't try everything in his power to finish the fight and take it. Phone Post
6/17/13 3:54 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Christian_ - backpedaling for 15 minutes and landing a couple leg kicks means u win now?
lol

Holding someone against the cage and landing what amounted to a good massage in terms of strikes shouldn't get you a victory.
6/17/13 3:59 AM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another way OneFC rules > UFC rules. The judges pick a winner at the end based on who did tho most damage over the whole fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 4:00 AM
dannyapodaca
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what jake is going to do so be prepared. Phone Post
6/17/13 4:02 AM
ChaosOverkill
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is that camp happy with how Shields fights?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.