UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is it just me or did Twood get robbed?

6/17/13 4:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, it is us, the fans, who were robbed Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 6:27 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something shady...
6/17/13 7:22 AM
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shields won easily. I dont understand what fight you were watching if tou scored it 30-27 for Woodley. Phone Post
6/17/13 8:17 AM
NFABeeJay
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's funny is when they weren't hugging on the cage Woodley was easily winning. Stuffing all but one takedown and delivering REAL strikes.

Ref Ives Lavine* let the Stall Clinching go on way to long for Shields.

Note: Later in the evening he was breaking up those clinches on the cage damn near instantly!!! haha Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:42 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have done more. Such a freaking boring fight again. Respect Shields but how can call Fitch boring when Shield is around. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:50 AM
THE_REAL_AMERICAN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 - 
boxing wiz - I thought Jake was just active enough to squeak the rounds. Minus the one spinning backfist, Tyron did absolutely nothing. He has only himself to blame. He didn't fight at all like a young hungry guy trying to stamp his place in the sport. He laid back and seemed resigned to accept the clinches and lean against the cage. Tyron was the far superior athlete in the fight, he should have at least attempted to show it, which he did not.

how about stuffing 18 out of 18 takedowns, and leg kicking Jake so hard he fell down TWICE!

he landed all the power shots and took no damage.

and had ZERO takedowns himself, wasn't an exciting fight to say the least.. but no way he wins this fight. A world class wrestler defending takedowns and not shooting, even in a close, boring fight where he was the stronger of the two. The back fist was fast, Jake ate it like it was a jab. I like both fighters. As far as the leg kick knock downs; Woodley just stood there. He didn't look 100%. IMO.

6/17/13 9:22 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I love how using the cage, which was designed to contain the fight, as a way to stall out, somehow = "control" under these fucked up scoring criteria.

They need to adjust the rules so that the cage can only be a momentary location for the fight, much like the ropes in a ring. Phone Post
6/17/13 9:27 AM
Lazer MMA

I was stunned.
6/17/13 9:30 AM
Lazer MMA

JStrongMMA -  Shields won easily. I dont understand what fight you were watching if tou scored it 30-27 for Woodley. Phone Post

"easily" huh?

Explain why that is exactly? TY
6/17/13 9:43 AM
Eisenberg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woodley didnt do shit. He attacked once every 2 minutes cause he was too scared of gassing out. He lands a lucky haymaker on Hiéron and suddenly he thinks hes a good striker. Lol. All he did was whiff predictable right hands.

Obviously, Jake didnt do much damage at all, but at least he was actively attacking.
6/17/13 10:00 AM
JStrongMMA

Lazer MMA -
JStrongMMA -  Shields won easily. I dont understand what fight you were watching if tou scored it 30-27 for Woodley. Phone Post

"easily" huh?

Shields outstruck him by a pretty good margin. He was also the aggressor and held octagon control for almost the entire fight. Yes, he did clinch and hold him against the cage. Everyone knows when your back is to the cage, you are losing. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's how judges score fights. If Woodley was well rounded enough to win that fight he would have reversed the position or broke the clinch. Even on his feet he was getting outstruck by Jake. The "he was landing the harder shots" argument doesn't work. The two leg kicks which knocked Jake down when he was off balance and the spinning back fist was his only significant offense. 3 strikes doesn't win you the fight when you are getting pinned against the cage for most of the fight. Phone Post
6/17/13 10:08 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

THE_REAL_AMERICAN -
ender852 - 
boxing wiz - I thought Jake was just active enough to squeak the rounds. Minus the one spinning backfist, Tyron did absolutely nothing. He has only himself to blame. He didn't fight at all like a young hungry guy trying to stamp his place in the sport. He laid back and seemed resigned to accept the clinches and lean against the cage. Tyron was the far superior athlete in the fight, he should have at least attempted to show it, which he did not.

how about stuffing 18 out of 18 takedowns, and leg kicking Jake so hard he fell down TWICE!

and had ZERO takedowns himself, wasn't an exciting fight to say the least.. but no way he wins this fight. A world class wrestler defending takedowns and not shooting, even in a close, boring fight where he was the stronger of the two. The back fist was fast, Jake ate it like it was a jab. I like both fighters. As far as the leg kick knock downs; Woodley just stood there. He didn't look 100%. IMO.

Who was the more effective grappler? Who was the more effective striker?

That's is how the rounds are SUPPOSED to be scored. Phone Post
6/17/13 10:32 AM
Lazer MMA

JStrongMMA - 
Lazer MMA -

"easily" huh?

Shields outstruck him by a pretty good margin. He was also the aggressor and held octagon control for almost the entire fight. Yes, he did clinch and hold him against the cage. Everyone knows when your back is to the cage, you are losing. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's how judges score fights. If Woodley was well rounded enough to win that fight he would have reversed the position or broke the clinch. Even on his feet he was getting outstruck by Jake. The "he was landing the harder shots" argument doesn't work. The two leg kicks which knocked Jake down when he was off balance and the spinning back fist was his only significant offense. 3 strikes doesn't win you the fight when you are getting pinned against the cage for most of the fight. Phone Post

I will rewatch
6/17/13 11:45 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought woody won

he landed the only significant strikes and stopped all takedowns

6/17/13 11:52 AM
goocher
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I thought Woodley won, but in no way was it a robbery. He didn't do enough. It blows my mind how Shields can win a stand up fight with his girl punches. I guess credit to Shields though for getting guys to fight his fight.
6/17/13 12:32 PM
ender852
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only called it a robbery because I thought he won every round, it wasn't a situation where they split 2 rounds and a 3rd round was close, thought woodley won every round Phone Post
6/17/13 12:42 PM
Dugs95

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - You know who got robbed? Dustin Pague got robbed. He did everything in his power to and finish and win, but still lost. It's watching decisions like that, that makes me not feel that bad for Tyron. Because I don't care if you think he won or lost. He didn't go for it, he didn't try everything in his power to finish the fight and take it. Phone Post
Your so right....vtfu Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 4:30 PM
Proteus The Invincible

JStrongMMA - 
Lazer MMA -

"easily" huh?

I don't remember Jake landing a single hard strike, and in my opinion, control is completely meaningless unless you make use of it. On top of that, I don't think you can say that Jake was controlling anything since he scored maybe one brief takedown and he was struggling the entire time against the fence to land even the weakest of knees.

Literally every solid strike I remember was landed by Tyron, including the two legkick knockdowns, the backfist, and the body punches in the clinch, and that should have won him the fight, or at the very least rendered it a draw.
6/18/13 2:06 PM
THE_REAL_AMERICAN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
THE_REAL_AMERICAN -
ender852 - 

Who was the more effective grappler? Who was the more effective striker?

That's is how the rounds are SUPPOSED to be scored. Phone Post

Seriously, more effictive garppler? Back to the cage for 3 rounds is not effective.. Fight sucked, Woodley sucked more. 3-4 nice strikes IMO.

6/18/13 2:09 PM
ballsdeepxx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody will ever really know for sure because they all fell asleep. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 2:17 PM
touch
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ballsdeepxx - Nobody will ever really know for sure because they all fell asleep. Phone Post 3.0

haha vu sir

6/18/13 2:18 PM
FightSpace
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos -
RileyPust - The Ceasar Gracie camp doesn't mind when little baby kicks and knees are landing in their favour. Should've just called it a draw.

LOL yes, if someone did this against a Diaz they would be crying all day, but it's Shields so he gets a pass. #fake420whiner 4 life
I think someone is confused about the usage of hashtags Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 8:04 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 - Another way OneFC rules > UFC rules. The judges pick a winner at the end based on who did tho most damage over the whole fight. Phone Post 3.0

"Damage" is a fake word.

How does one choose who did more "damage"?

Looks? You can't do that, too many guys smell up from one punch, and too many guys can take 100 and look fine.

6/18/13 8:27 PM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woodley did nothing. Shields worked harder that's why we won. You can win a fight just on defense and a few leg kicks. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 8:30 PM
MMAOutsider
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither fighter did enough to earn a win in my book. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.