UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Rogan botches UFC'S FOX debut

6/17/13 4:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pheonix5
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must have been the chronic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxYSleOX6c
6/17/13 4:13 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yikes... that was difficult to watch.
6/17/13 4:29 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 4:32 AM
Brozef
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This video has so many hilarious moments... Even the description made me laugh. Chuck looks PISSED by the way.
6/17/13 4:34 AM
Phisher

6/17/13 4:40 AM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For pc Phone Post
6/17/13 4:41 AM
PTM2020
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 4:41 AM

i lost my mind and could not stop laughing when I was watching that live.

started off with an uncomfortable stoned out Rogan in a wacky suit and it just got worse and worse as it went on.

6/17/13 4:42 AM
newjack900

that cutaway to the liddell face was hilarious
6/17/13 4:43 AM
DRevan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right because there is NOTHING difficult about staring into a giant souless fucking camera "eye"..that rests on a big fucking crane device ..with bright fucking lights..and guys with tool belts..green shirts and backwards hats...milling about everywhere..but you cant quite make them out....cuz the lights......but you can hear them ...

And it's fucking HOT...and it's one of the most PIVOTAL MOMENTS IN SPORTS FUCKING HISTORY AND YOU ARE THE GUY CHOSEN..SELECTED...HONORED TO OPEN THIS SEGMENT.

No pressure.

I don't know about anyone else..like you OP..but..I know that I'd be nervous. sometimes maybe it's as "easy" as it looks. And other times, maybe not so much? I'm suggesting that maybe it's harder than you'd think to do a really "good" job in a moment like this.

Like when a person watches MMA for the first time and swears they'd beat X,Y or Z guy? But that is exactly how/why you know that there is no way in hell they'd beat X, Y or Z?

6/17/13 4:52 AM
newjack900

Edited: 06/17/13 4:52 AM
Btw that seems like everything Rogan talks about being against on JRE... they made him dress up in a suit - speak proper & almost fake & robotic sounding - & be the host of some overly serious announcement that seemed a bit ridiculous... those people looked miserable to be there in what should have been a joyous moment for the ufc - was there anything in that clip that got the viewers excited about ufc on fox?
6/17/13 5:35 AM
voodoo child

Yeah cuz weed is so good for you....
6/17/13 5:42 AM
malryan

Am I missing something, this happened at the beginning of last year? Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 5:42 AM
Swooper
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was tha Joe Rogan or Barry Kripke? Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 5:48 AM
raags
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading off a teleprompter is very different to Rogan's normal role. In addition, this whole segment was poorly shot and executed... Fox Sports exec playing on his phone, Dana in a t-shirt, camerawork not lining up with Edgar/GSP, music for Rashad... just was a total clusterfuck in general.

6/17/13 5:49 AM
nubp
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this never gets old
6/17/13 6:06 AM
LastRowCarl

Haha this was on youtube when I was looking at ea ufc vids Phone Post
6/17/13 6:12 AM
OldManMinerva

MMA Lives Here - 
DRevan - Right because there is NOTHING difficult about staring into a giant souless fucking camera "eye"..that rests on a big fucking crane device ..with bright fucking lights..and guys with tool belts..green shirts and backwards hats...milling about everywhere..but you cant quite make them out....cuz the lights......but you can hear them ...

And it's fucking HOT...and it's one of the most PIVOTAL MOMENTS IN SPORTS FUCKING HISTORY AND YOU ARE THE GUY CHOSEN..SELECTED...HONORED TO OPEN THIS SEGMENT.

No pressure.

I don't know about anyone else..like you OP..but..I know that I'd be nervous. sometimes maybe it's as "easy" as it looks. And other times, maybe not so much? I'm suggesting that maybe it's harder than you'd think to do a really "good" job in a moment like this.

Like when a person watches MMA for the first time and swears they'd beat X,Y or Z guy? But that is exactly how/why you know that there is no way in hell they'd beat X, Y or Z?

Dude, Joe Rogan has been in television forever. Phone Post

great point. he's been doing tv and broadcasting now far longer than he was ever in martial arts or comedy
6/17/13 6:16 AM
TryhardNobody
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goat vagina!
6/17/13 6:21 AM
MarcVanBas

Most likely because of having to read off autocue.
6/17/13 6:23 AM
Franchise009

I'm straight up crying right now. The quick music cut to awkward Hashad, cut to Chuck has to be the funniest 5 seconds of TV I have ever seen in ever.

6/17/13 6:29 AM
Lebenator
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually this wasn't as bad as I remembered. This clearly wasn't the best use of Joe's abilities.

Chuck's face was classic.
6/17/13 7:15 AM
Jone2tone
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember Joe being elusive about why he wasn't doing the voice work for the first few UFC on Fox events.

I wonder if Fox considered this a "screen test" or something, and based on that performance took him off the show? Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 7:22 AM
And Wagners Cut

DRevan - Right because there is NOTHING difficult about staring into a giant souless fucking camera "eye"..that rests on a big fucking crane device ..with bright fucking lights..and guys with tool belts..green shirts and backwards hats...milling about everywhere..but you cant quite make them out....cuz the lights......but you can hear them ...

No pressure.

Chill the fuck out you whiny bitch.

It's a funny video, that's all we're saying.

Jesus. Phone Post
6/17/13 7:31 AM
SD CARTEL
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This never gets old.. Never will. Its a perfect clusterfuck of a storm of fail. Right down to Rashads jiggy music. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 7:36 AM
Weidman Defeats Anderson
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No pressure.

Joe, is that you? You mad bro? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.