UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Belfort unjustly beat down over TRT

6/17/13 11:07 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC 161 post fight media scrum, UFC president Dana White was asked about Vitor Belfort extraordinary wheel kick KO of Luke Rockhold being overshadowed by discussion of the Belfort's use of sanctioned Testosterone Replacement Therapy. White further addressed fan chatter that the promotion was "vommission shopping" and avoiding North American ACs that would prohibit Belfort from using TRT.

"I think that Vitor has been unjustly beat down for the TRT thing," said White. "I agree with what Luke Rockhold said 'TRT didn't spinning kick me in the head.' It was a great move. You have got to be talented to land that kick the way he did, and Vitor's been working hard.

"The one thing  - you guys know how I feel about TRT - but he's done everything the right way and been within the limits he's supposed to be in."

An interviewer then suggested that the matter might be put to rest if Belfort fought in the USA, and had his TRT okayed by a North American Athletic Commission.

"He will end up fighting in the States," said White. "He's been fighting in Brazil because he does well in Brazil. There's no conspiracy.

"First of all, have we ever done anything slimy - seriously - in 13 years? Like, 'Let's keep him in Brazil so nobody…' I f---ing hate unfair people who cheat, putting guys in a position where they're at a disadvantage. I hate that stuff. I want fights to happen evenly, and for the best guy to win, and that's why I was so pissed off about the TRT thing, because I felt like people were cheating. Felt like people are getting jacked up during their training.

"One guy's fighting on his natural abilities, the other guy's getting jacked up, he recovers faster, he's stronger, he's more explosive. He has a much better training camp than the guy who's natural. And then he gets his levels back down before the fight. That's what was pissing me off."

"I would never, and Lorenzo would never put a guy down in Brazil because we think he'll pass down there and won't pass somewhere else," he said. "And the guys that regulate Brazil are the same f---ing guys who pulled Gustafsson out of the fight for the cut. Same guys. And it's not like I was a big fan of their decision in Holland. So it's not like they're doing me any favors or we have some yahoo buddy-buddy relationship like the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

(28:58 mark)

Transcription courtesy of MMAJunkie

6/17/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustAnotherMMAFan
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, TRT didn't spinning kick Luke Rockhold in the head, but it made Belfort more aggressive (and you could see it during the weigh-in), improved his cardio, helped him heal any eventual training injuries faster, made him stronger (and, likely faster), and, for sure, it enable him to train harder.

So, yes, it's unfair.
6/17/13 11:27 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The three main issues for me:

Vitor lied at first and said he was not on it. 

He is being sheltered in Brazil with a brand new commisison in a government known for corruption and with zero credibility. 

He has been busted for roids in the past, and was clearly juicing hard in the early days. 

6/17/13 11:33 AM
sincitydc
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Dana one of the guys giving him shit for it? There are a ton of guys on it and its unfortunate that Vitor has become the face of it. I would like to see a list of UFC fighters that have been confirmed to have used TRT. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 11:37 AM
CDarwin
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 11:43 AM

"I would never, and Lorenzo would never put a guy down in Brazil because we think he'll pass down there and won't pass somewhere else," he said. "And the guys that regulate Brazil are the same f---ing guys who pulled Gustafsson out of the fight for the cut. Same guys. And it's not like I was a big fan of their decision in Holland. So it's not like they're doing me any favors or we have some yahoo buddy-buddy relationship like the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

Holland =/= Sweden

Holland=

Sweden=

6/17/13 11:41 AM
BrattMamley
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - "First of all, have we ever done anything slimy - seriously - in 13 years?"

They honestly haven't. They play everything by the book. The sport is already frowned upon by so many, they have to do as much as possible to do the right thing and not draw attention to controversy. You may not like matchups or title shots but the UFC certainly is not a slimy business.

6/17/13 11:52 AM
chrisbaker

Lets see vitor fight in the states next, than. Phone Post
6/17/13 12:02 PM
Ramon Maroni

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

He is being sheltered in Brazil with a brand new commisison in a government known for corruption and with zero credibility. 

He has been busted for roids in the past, and was clearly juicing hard in the early days. 

cant say I disagree
6/17/13 12:07 PM
orcus

JustAnotherMMAFan - Well, TRT didn't spinning kick Luke Rockhold in the head, but it made Belfort more aggressive (and you could see it during the weigh-in), improved his cardio, helped him heal any eventual training injuries faster, made him stronger (and, likely faster), and, for sure, it enable him to train harder.

So, yes, it's unfair.

If they both have normal levels, why would the fact that Vitor's testosterone is partially synthetic and all of Rockhold's is natural give Vitor an unfair advantage in strength, cardio, and healing?

6/17/13 12:08 PM
Quickash1t

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

1. Who did Vitor lie too? You? The media? I remember him saying he wouldn't respond yet getting the right clearence to do so legally. Once everyone found out he was using it look at the shit storm it started. I don't remember him lieing to a commision the only people that matter.

2. He isn't being sheltered in Brazil. He gets tested all the time by the UFC. The commision is the same one when they fight in other countries. The only place he cannot currently use it is California. Despite what Kizer says Nevada has no grounds to block his use. There is no rule stating pass steroid use blocks you from being able to get a trt exemption.

3.  Who wasn't juicing in the early days, or now for that matter? He got caught true. And is now following the rules. And people are hating him for that.

6/17/13 12:11 PM
orcus

"Vitor lied at first and said he was not on it. "

When? Link?

"He is being sheltered in Brazil with a brand new commisison in a government known for corruption and with zero credibility. "

Two fights ago he fought in Canada. Who else is going to headline a Brazil card? Who can sell a card down there with a non-title fight against a Rockhold or a Bisping? Brazil's AC has no credibility? Why not? 

"He has been busted for roids in the past, and was clearly juicing hard in the early days. "

So? 

6/17/13 12:13 PM
Barbalos

orcus - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - Well, TRT didn't spinning kick Luke Rockhold in the head, but it made Belfort more aggressive (and you could see it during the weigh-in), improved his cardio, helped him heal any eventual training injuries faster, made him stronger (and, likely faster), and, for sure, it enable him to train harder.

So, yes, it's unfair.

If they both have normal levels, why would the fact that Vitor's testosterone is partially synthetic and all of Rockhold's is natural give Vitor an unfair advantage in strength, cardio, and healing?

"Dude, don't you know, he has over 4:1 T:E ratio, that means he is 4 times as strong, confident, and lethal than a prime age athlete!!1! No way would Belfort ever be confident enough to even think of that kick if he was not roided out of his mind on synthetic super steroids!!!" -Idiots

TRT ignorance is the bane of discussion on it here, no matter how much resources are available to explain it, people assume they know what they're talking about and just run with it, into fantasy land.
6/17/13 12:22 PM
chrisbaker

fapout -

So, yes, it's unfair.

TRT does none of that
Yes it does. Phone Post
6/17/13 12:30 PM
Devlin
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

So, yes, it's unfair.

where is the evidence vitor is at normal levels during training, the idea of promotion monitoring there fighters levels is madness, case of having a vested interest in vitor being allowed to fight. Phone Post
6/17/13 12:36 PM
Barbalos

Devlin - 
orcus -

So, yes, it's unfair.

where is the evidence vitor is at normal levels during training, the idea of promotion monitoring there fighters levels is madness, case of having a vested interest in vitor being allowed to fight. Phone Post

That evidence is in the same place as the evidence that all other fighters who NEVER get tested are at normal levels all the time. Don't be so naive.
6/17/13 12:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Quickash1t -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

1. Who did Vitor lie too? You? The media? I remember him saying he wouldn't respond yet getting the right clearence to do so legally. Once everyone found out he was using it look at the shit storm it started. I don't remember him lieing to a commision the only people that matter.

2. He isn't being sheltered in Brazil. He gets tested all the time by the UFC. The commision is the same one when they fight in other countries. The only place he cannot currently use it is California. Despite what Kizer says Nevada has no grounds to block his use. There is no rule stating pass steroid use blocks you from being able to get a trt exemption.

3.  Who wasn't juicing in the early days, or now for that matter? He got caught true. And is now following the rules. And people are hating him for that.

1. Yes he lied to us, not the commission. That may not matter to YOU, but I'm fairly certain that these are my opinions.

2. Bullshit on him getting tested all the time "by the UFC". Dana did claim the ufc would "test the shit out of anyone on TRT"....however, when Ratner was asked how many times the ufc tested him for rockhold, the answer was ZERO...he then went on to deflect and say that since Brazil now has a commission they would leave it up to them to test him.

3. So you're saying that it is cool for him to now use MORE steroids "legally" to make up for his deficiency from taking steroids illegally in the past? That sure sends a GREAT message to the young MMA fighters:
Hey go ahead and roid up now, and if it has a nasty affect on you later, we will just give you a permission slip to roid more.... Phone Post
6/17/13 12:41 PM
HexRei

fapout - 
chrisbaker - 
fapout -

So, yes, it's unfair.

TRT does none of that
Yes it does. Phone Post

nope and just wait for some fellow ugers to chime in who are on TRT. I've spoken to several ppl who I know personally and who also post on here and they've stated that it does none of that.

So, in your expert opinion, what benefits does TRT bestow?
6/17/13 12:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Barbalos -
Devlin - 
orcus -

So, yes, it's unfair.

That evidence is in the same place as the evidence that all other fighters who NEVER get tested are at normal levels all the time. Don't be so naive.
Ah so we should assume someone we KNOW AS FACT is roiding up is at "normal" levels because others might be cheating?

Solid logic. Phone Post
6/17/13 12:44 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

fapout -
chrisbaker - 
fapout -

So, yes, it's unfair.

TRT does none of that
Yes it does. Phone Post

nope and just wait for some fellow ugers to chime in who are on TRT. I've spoken to several ppl who I know personally and who also post on here and they've stated that it does none of that.
Bullshit. If it didn't help, why would fighters use it and risk the negative side effects of extended use? Phone Post
6/17/13 12:46 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

fapout -

So, yes, it's unfair.

TRT does none of that
You seriously want to argue that synthetic testosterone does not help heal injuries faster, nor improve stamina in training?

Seriously? Phone Post
6/17/13 12:51 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at acting like this shit doesn't give an advantage. I remember years ago seeing dumbass sports commentators pretending that steroids didn't help you play baseball because "You still had to hit the ball". Sounds a lot like "TRT didn't do that spinning back kick."

This shit should be banned. If you don't have enough juice, maybe you shouldn't be a pro athlete. It'd be different if most of these guys with low T weren't in their thirties and jacked, but it is what it is. They are legally cheating, just like the banksters are legally stealing.

6/17/13 1:10 PM
Barbalos

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - LOL at acting like this shit doesn't give an advantage. I remember years ago seeing dumbass sports commentators pretending that steroids didn't help you play baseball because "You still had to hit the ball". Sounds a lot like "TRT didn't do that spinning back kick."

This shit should be banned. If you don't have enough juice, maybe you shouldn't be a pro athlete. It'd be different if most of these guys with low T weren't in their thirties and jacked, but it is what it is. They are legally cheating, just like the banksters are legally stealing.

You're comparing PED use in MMA to banking white collar criminals stealing millions of dollars? What in the fuck? Ridiculous.
6/17/13 1:17 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout - 

So, yes, it's unfair.

TRT does none of that

It's just a coincidence that Vitor is more ripped than ever, then?

And how about his usual aggression during the weigh-ins?

Anyhow, a typical normal male testosterone level range given is 260 -1080 ng/dl as (which corresponds to about 8.8 - 36.7 nmol/l).

Vitor can maintain his testosterone always close to the peak, whereas the level of all other fighters should decrease owing to damage and aging.

With greater testosterone, he will heal faster, he will be able to cut more water during the weight-cuts and so on.

So, yes, this is very unfair.
6/17/13 1:41 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - 
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - LOL at acting like this shit doesn't give an advantage. I remember years ago seeing dumbass sports commentators pretending that steroids didn't help you play baseball because "You still had to hit the ball". Sounds a lot like "TRT didn't do that spinning back kick."

You're comparing PED use in MMA to banking white collar criminals stealing millions of dollars? What in the fuck? Ridiculous.

People are cheating and the PTB let them do it. You disagree say so, but don't play coy.
6/17/13 1:43 PM
Barbalos

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - 
Barbalos - 

People are cheating and the PTB let them do it. You disagree say so, but don't play coy.

Coy? What? I think your comparison is ridiculous. And I totally disagree and have said so many times, including in this thread. If you think it's the people following the TRT rule set are the worst cheaters, I don't know what to tell you. They are the ones tested the most often. Lots of other fighters are using illegal PEDs, cycling, and not getting caught, because they are rarely tested. Don't be so naive.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.