UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman staredown (pic)

6/17/13 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 3:01 PM

6/17/13 3:09 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman looks like he is about to crap his pants
6/17/13 3:11 PM
Lazer MMA

DJmixmasterMobbie - Weidman looks like he is about to crap his pants

Is he like, 'WTF did I get myself into'? LOL

Well with all the hype everyone will watch no?
6/17/13 3:23 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that real or Photoshop?
6/17/13 3:27 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva will be Chris Weidman's 10th professional mma fight.

That's all that needs to be said.

6/17/13 3:30 PM
Ghost of Retard
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing about this fight is,  if i tell my buddies Chris Weidman is fighting Anderson SIlva.

The only thing they're going to say is "who is Chris Weidman?"

I wish they would have promoted him more before this.

6/17/13 3:32 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Weidman has 5 UFC fights. One of those was against Jesse Bongfeldt.

6/17/13 3:33 PM
Ghetto-Top-Team
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Exactly. I *thought* Silva was slowing down, but I was wrong. Until he does, no one is getting near beating him.

6/17/13 3:38 PM
ECC170

Not Hype Chris has the tools to beat ANYBODY...Top notch MMA wrestling sick bjj and sufficient enough striking to close the distance to TD Anderson mount him and potentially finish the champ...Andersons been mounted by lesser fighters NOBODY is unbeatable...Buster Douglas showed us that at nearly a 50 to 1 underdog... Rembember a superior wrestler can force the fight to the ground a striker can't make you to Stand with them... For any you who don't think the Champ wasn't shocked when HIS wrestling coach got ragdolled are crazy...With all this being said this 1 the greatest Fighters ever and Chris better be the only not believing he will win easy cuz he will wake up with a Broken heart and jaw as well....... WAR WEIDMAN and much Respect for the Legend and CHAMPION Silva
6/17/13 3:39 PM
MMALOGIC

Ghost of Retard - 

The thing about this fight is,  if i tell my buddies Chris Weidman is fighting Anderson SIlva.

The only thing they're going to say is "who is Chris Weidman?"

I wish they would have promoted him more before this.

this is one of the reasons why the move to FS1 will be so significant.

All of their fight nights on one accessible network means contenders like zombie, weidman, etc... will be more well known by the time they get to the title shot.
6/17/13 3:42 PM
nolabrum

ECC170 - Not Hype Chris has the tools to beat ANYBODY...Top notch MMA wrestling sick bjj and sufficient enough striking to close the distance to TD Anderson mount him and potentially finish the champ...Andersons been mounted by lesser fighters NOBODY is unbeatable...Buster Douglas showed us that at nearly a 50 to 1 underdog... Rembember a superior wrestler can force the fight to the ground a striker can't make you to Stand with them... For any you who don't think the Champ wasn't shocked when HIS wrestling coach got ragdolled are crazy...With all this being said this 1 the greatest Fighters ever and Chris better be the only not believing he will win easy cuz he will wake up with a Broken heart and jaw as well....... WAR WEIDMAN and much Respect for the Legend and CHAMPION Silva
Thank you for being the voice of reason. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 3:45 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 3:46 PM

Looks shopped but then I saw the vid.

6/17/13 3:46 PM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris doesn't look confident at all in that pic.

Big paycheck, easy win for Anderson come July 6.

6/17/13 3:47 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman's getting knocked out. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 3:48 PM
meekie01

All these people saying anderson will lose every single fight... its obvious theres a very high chance that one day you will get it right... but theres nothing to justify you betting against anderson except for hate or jealousy... maybe you were just bullied at school and pride yourself on going against the grain... but if you go on facts, on history and on past records there is no argument to justify picking weidman over anderson... im not saying he cant beat him, im just saying your a fool for saying he will. Phone Post
6/17/13 3:48 PM
DanEzra
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Weidman wearing make-up in that picture?

6/17/13 3:53 PM
Kings21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - Am i the only one who's not getting where this Weidman hype is coming from ? Would he be as hyped if his last fight was the Maia fight or is it all coming from that Munoz elbow ? Phone Post 3.0

Aside from Dana, its coming from people on the UG that want to feel super special on the off chance that Weidman actually wins. They'll be able to say things like "I called this months ago, heres the link to my thread about it. I'm right while the rest of the UG is retarded."

6/17/13 4:00 PM
Sergio88
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be a fucking war. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 4:10 PM
nolabrum

Kings21 -
crossfire - Am i the only one who's not getting where this Weidman hype is coming from ? Would he be as hyped if his last fight was the Maia fight or is it all coming from that Munoz elbow ? Phone Post 3.0

Aside from Dana, its coming from people on the UG that want to feel super special on the off chance that Weidman actually wins. They'll be able to say things like "I called this months ago, heres the link to my thread about it. I'm right while the rest of the UG is retarded."

Go back and read ECC170's post. Weidman is legit. I will say this for myself. I think Weidman is a great fighter and he has a chance against Silva. A chance! A much better chance than many of Silvas Previous opponents. Weidman is strong where silva is weakest. I'm not saying Silva is weak, but if he does have some kind of weakness it's his Wrestling. Silva might come out and destroy Weidman and that's fine, but everybody who says Weidman isn't good or doesn't deserve the shot is just a dumb as the people saying Weidman will walk through Silva. I am excited for this fight because it is a huge test for Silva. Why is it that hard for some of you guys to understand that. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 4:11 PM
Leck Brosnar

nolabrum - 
ECC170 - Not Hype Chris has the tools to beat ANYBODY...Top notch MMA wrestling sick bjj and sufficient enough striking to close the distance to TD Anderson mount him and potentially finish the champ...Andersons been mounted by lesser fighters NOBODY is unbeatable...Buster Douglas showed us that at nearly a 50 to 1 underdog... Rembember a superior wrestler can force the fight to the ground a striker can't make you to Stand with them... For any you who don't think the Champ wasn't shocked when HIS wrestling coach got ragdolled are crazy...With all this being said this 1 the greatest Fighters ever and Chris better be the only not believing he will win easy cuz he will wake up with a Broken heart and jaw as well....... WAR WEIDMAN and much Respect for the Legend and CHAMPION Silva
Thank you for being the voice of reason. Phone Post 3.0

6/17/13 4:15 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

Pitbull get Weidman's nuts out of your mouth son. damn.
6/17/13 4:22 PM
orcus

I think Weidman's going to get Okami'd, but his number of fights isn't really relevant imo. All great streaks start somewhere. If he's a good enough fighter to pass a huge test, then it doesn't matter if this is his first or his 10th.

6/17/13 4:23 PM
BadrMilk

There is no amount of promos to convince me that anybody is going to beat Silva.
6/17/13 4:26 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris has showed nothing to say he can beat the GOAT, he's talented but he's nowhere close to what the hype train is leading us to believe.
6/17/13 4:29 PM
theken206
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Chris Weidman has 5 UFC fights. One of those was against Jesse Bongfeldt.

The thing is in MMA you can be saaaay 4-0 and be a world beater.... or a regional level scrub.

Of course ring/mat/cage experiance plays a factor in fights, but its not like you cannot be an absolute beast and not have that many fights under your belt in MMA.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.