UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember Prince Naseem Hamed?

6/17/13 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had a good little run for a bit, then fell off the boxing map...But thing I remember most about him is, He had the most absurd/show stopping entrances in the history of combat sports...list other notable entrances..
6/17/13 3:04 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/11 ruined his career. Phone Post
6/17/13 3:07 PM
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -  9/11 ruined his career. Phone Post

haha
6/17/13 3:08 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAB ruined his career!!!!

6/17/13 3:09 PM

crossfire - Phone Post 3.0

that was cool, I remember that night.
6/17/13 3:15 PM
SHanded83

WhoShotYushinOkami -

MAB ruined his career!!!!

Agreed, most of the uk was glad Mab destroyed him me being one of them if I remember rightly the dick head started praying an preeching to Ala.
absolute embarrassing for all the Brit fans that follwed him there. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 3:20 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barrera bossed

6/17/13 3:23 PM
Kirik
1678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Nas was doing Systema? :-)

6/17/13 3:23 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His movement was fucking sick though.....annoying as fuck (really a shame that nobody ever knock him the fuck out). He only lost the one decision right?

It still fucking sucked that he had to stop at 28. Plus lets face it the dude had all the fucking talent in the world but he was an arrogant little shit. He did not fight enough,he did not train enough, to many people blew smoke up his ass and now he really does not has the legacy that would be befitting someone with his talent. Guess he is a prime example how a lack of discpline and a shortage of personality can fuck things up for you.

6/17/13 3:25 PM
random_muppett
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's fucking HUGE now. Like orca fat. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 3:32 PM
Z NEDCMK1
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/17/13 3:32 PM
InYoMommaCloset
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I seen him recently also, on some tv show.

Yeah, he's a fat fuck alright.
lol - was talking about making a comeback.

But, in his day, he was a magician in the ring.

I used to fuckin' love watching him fight when I was a young kid.
He brought magic and hype to a sport that can often be a tad drab if you're not a hardcore fan.

Yeah, it can be a shame when these guys burn themselves out early
6/17/13 3:34 PM
InYoMommaCloset
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But what, fucking MOFO didn't know how to turn off his dickhead personality outside the ring.

He was drunk driving, smashed his car into some other blokes car, breaking EVERY MAJOR BONE IN HIS BODY.
Just being a dick.
Had a high end Mercedes, driving too fast.
Fucked up someone elses life just like that.
6/17/13 3:37 PM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.
6/17/13 3:38 PM
FightToLive
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL I was just gona post......Heard he was a FAT PIG!
6/17/13 3:38 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was famous when I was around 12-15 and I thought he was awesome. My grandpa HATED him and would cuss out the TV whenever he fought. When he got clowned my MAB my gramps was jacked up after lol. He gloated to me about it for days. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 3:39 PM

U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.

awesome info, thanks.
6/17/13 3:41 PM
supremexb

He wasn't as good as everyone remembers he was just flashy, Barrera was the first top fighter he every fought and he got clowned.
6/17/13 3:41 PM
InYoMommaCloset

U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.

Can you go into more detail?
6/17/13 3:47 PM
toddiejasl
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That must be a very large shadow...
6/17/13 3:50 PM
boxing wiz
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy was much better than most people think. I always here what a clown he was, and how he was all hype. The guy was a flat out monstrous puncher. He was very fast and unorthodox. He also had heart. He had some wars with Augie Sanchez, Kevin Kelly and even Daniel Alicea somewhat. He beat very good fighters too in Tom Johnson, Wilfredo Vazquez, Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto, Manuel Medina, Wayne McCullogh and Vuyani Bungu. He made millions and millions of dollars. He lost against an all time great in Marco Antonio Barrera; no shame there. After the loss, he seemed to lose his desire to fight. He retired very rich and with a much respected career to remember. For the record I absolutely hated the guy, but can respect his accomplishments.
6/17/13 3:53 PM
Eric Bloodaxe

Edited: 06/17/13 3:53 PM

I don't follow boxing closely at all, but I remember him as a entertaining guy.

Also, came to post that he's a fatty now. What is it with Brit boxers blowing up as soon as they lay of fighting. Hatton looked like a sumo wrestler even between fights, didnt he?

6/17/13 3:53 PM

supremexb - He wasn't as good as everyone remembers he was just flashy, Barrera was the first top fighter he every fought and he got clowned.

you must not know a lot about boxing, wiki his fight record and that's fuckin impressive.
6/17/13 3:55 PM

this one is noice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZvBDYS6hsY
6/17/13 3:56 PM
toddiejasl
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was one of the reasons I started watching combat sports, loved him when I was a kid...

Great story about him getting in a fight with Chris Eubank, featherweight vs super-middleweight...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/NAZ+AND+EU+IN+AIRPORT+FIGHT%3B+Heathrow+blows.-a061054724

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.