UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember Prince Naseem Hamed?

6/28/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SonnendbySilva
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA -
SonnendbySilva - 
U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.
Wow. Will definately check that out. Phone Post

The point of the book (as I remember it - it's been years since I read it) was to "out" Hamed as a psychopath.

I don't think it's that big of a shock when there are the reports of his apparent total indifference to the guy who's life he ruined in that car crash.
U know anywhere I can download the pdf? Phone Post
6/28/13 2:09 PM
nottheface
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was everything I hated about modern athletes. I was thrilled when MAB beat him. Can't deny his talent but he was one of those guys I just wanted to see lose. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 2:28 PM
hubris
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/28/13 3:22 PM
hubris
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/10/13 7:52 AM
ShamusO'nyou
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - 
SonnendbySilva - 
U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.
Wow. Will definately check that out. Phone Post

The point of the book (as I remember it - it's been years since I read it) was to "out" Hamed as a psychopath.

I don't think it's that big of a shock when there are the reports of his apparent total indifference to the guy who's life he ruined in that car crash.

I just finished the book mate, and I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

I think you have characters mixed up/

It was a bouncer named Lenny who watched the vid of the satbbing with him. Naz never saw it. He also talked about this bouncer more than he talked about Naz.

The whole book is more about the author and his experience's than Naz.

Still interesting, but not what I expected
7/10/13 8:30 AM
U4EA
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I perhaps completely misread it but I remember thinking the guy was implying Hamed was a psychopath but couldn't make it too obvious.

I might be wrong though as it's fucking years since I read it.

Sorry if I wasted you time!
7/10/13 8:46 AM
ShamusO'nyou
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No mate, it was still an interesting read.
7/10/13 8:57 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/10/13 9:01 AM
U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.

There's nothing wrong with having psychopathic traits as long as you don't go out killing people. Some of the best, most successful and most cut-throat businessmen in the world are in fact psychos (no pun intended).

7/10/13 9:02 AM
Doc T
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric Bloodaxe -

I don't follow boxing closely at all, but I remember him as a entertaining guy.

Also, came to post that he's a fatty now. What is it with Brit boxers blowing up as soon as they lay of fighting. Hatton looked like a sumo wrestler even between fights, didnt he?

A lot of boxers blimp up after their career Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 9:12 AM
Bloodstorm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In top top 5 most entertaining boxers of all time Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.