UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Enforces New Dress Code

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/17/13 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartialArtsMixed
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 8:00 PM

Benson Henderson via Facebook -  

Mwahahaha!!! Guess @ufc decided to make it official...I'm a start calling them the NBA...guess it's one thing to be encouraged to do or dress one way & entirely another thing to be told to do or dress one way...

"Per Jackie, effective immediately, fighters and talent traveling on press tours and PR/marketing-related appearances are no longer permitted to wear shorts or flip flops. Jeans are acceptable and shoes are a must."

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna dress how my employers want but doesn't mean I gotta be happy about it..."Don't let the man hold you down" "Fight the power" "You can take my life but you can never take my FREEDOM!!!"

6/17/13 8:02 PM
rockafella
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My work doesn't let me wear shorts or sandals to meetings either. I have to dress a certain way when representing the company.

I'm sure this will be spun into being a big deal but I jst don't see the issue. At least they don't have to wear fucking suits.
6/17/13 8:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was great move for the NBA to do this. I like it Phone Post
6/17/13 8:08 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:08 PM
Rudi

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - It was great move for the NBA to do this. I like it Phone Post
This. Phone Post
6/17/13 8:09 PM
Rudi

Now everyone will start taking Rashad's "swag" :) Phone Post
6/17/13 8:10 PM
scaredy cat
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread title should have been "UFC weighs in on Wearing Fight Shorts in Publice UG thread". Phone Post
6/17/13 8:11 PM
DanteHec
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - Now everyone will start taking Rashad's "swag" :) Phone Post
Hahaha Phone Post
6/17/13 8:12 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - It was great move for the NBA to do this. I like it Phone Post
Have you seen Dwayne Wade? Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:13 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every fighter should suit up for press conferences.

Because everything is better when you suit up... Phone Post 3.0
jfw jr
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockafella - My work doesn't let me wear shorts or sandals to meetings either. I have to dress a certain way when representing the company.

I'm sure this will be spun into being a big deal but I jst don't see the issue. At least they don't have to wear fucking suits.
Agreed. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
PrestigeWorldwide
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still a very lax dress code IMO. Phone Post 3.0
demonsurge

If this prevents someone from wearing flip flops and socks together I think its a great rule to enforce.
6/17/13 8:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar -
Have you seen Dwayne Wade? Phone Post 3.0
Well since Dwyane Wade dresses bad it must have been a massive failure Phone Post
6/17/13 8:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

And yeah, that's hardly even a dress code Phone Post
6/17/13 8:20 PM
MMALOGIC

no shorts or flip flops during PR engagements.... oh the horror.
6/17/13 8:29 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the sports world sunshine. Fuck, playing hockey I had to wear a collared shirt and tie since I was 12 whenever traveling to games.
6/17/13 8:29 PM
Goblowyourself
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Faber is gonna hate this, dude fights 10 guys w Machetes and bottles while tripping in his flip flops
The truth. This man speaks it Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:30 PM
JStrongMMA
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you're not allowed to dress like you just got back from the beach. Boohoo Phone Post
6/17/13 8:33 PM
R00STER
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any grown man that wears flip flops other than at the beach deserves a Fabiano Maldonado style beating. Phone Post
6/17/13 8:34 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 8:38 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
T.
6/17/13 8:40 PM
ShaqNoob
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this was going to be about Hallman's wardrobe malfunction.
6/17/13 8:42 PM
CHiLLEN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't see a problem. Makes total sense.

If it had been suit policy, I wouldn't argue anyways. You're at work, and it's only a dress code ;)

Good on the UFC for giving the fighters a choice to wear a hell of a lot of styles to suit the fighter and make them more comfortable and keeping their personality. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 8:43 PM
QuadAces
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R00STER -  Any grown man that wears flip flops other than at the beach deserves a Fabiano Maldonado style beating. Phone Post

I hope you don't go to my gym.

6/17/13 8:58 PM
Chromium
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/13 9:00 PM

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking what a bad idea this was, but all they're doing is saying no shorts or sandals while doing P.R. (as in, when doing press interviews on media tours, not when going to events). Does anyone really have an issue with this? I'm not sure this even constitutes "news". Hell, I'd probably go further and add "no sweatpants" to that. These are like the most minimal requirements possible.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.