UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Soares: Prepared, focused Silva is unbeatable

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/17/13 10:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva is a perfect 16-0 since coming into the UFC and at times has looked almost unbeatable. Silva will face a stiff test at UFC 162 versus Chris Weidman, but according to manager Ed Soares, Silva is unbeatable if properly prepared and focused, no matter who the opponent:

"Anybody can go out there and put on a fight. Chris Weidman is undefeated, he's a tough guy and a fight is a fight, anything can happen. I believe in Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva is the best fighter on the planet. I think Anderson Silva is a bad fight for any fighter in any weight class. I'm not saying Anderson Silva is invincible.

Anderson Silva can be beat just like anyone else can get beat. But I think if Anderson Silva goes in there well trained and focused, I don't think there's a fighter on the planet that can beat him."

read entire article... 

6/17/13 10:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dead President
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman is a dead man Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 10:05 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Weidman Phone Post
6/17/13 10:05 PM
Emperor Nero

Ok there...
6/17/13 10:22 PM
Rudi

GSP24 - When Anderson is pulled off of Weidman you're gonna see the biggest war wagon bail ever.

It almost reminds me of the hype Arlovski had going in against Fedor, then these people bailed on Andrei.

Weidman is greatly overmatched and has a tough night for him come July. Phone Post 3.0
Cant wait.gif Phone Post
6/17/13 10:22 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

No one knows the outcome of this fight,but Anderson silva has been beat before, and can be beat again.Ask Ryo Chonan if Silva is unbeatable.
6/17/13 10:24 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

16-0 in the UFC is very impressive.I don't think that will ever be repeated.
6/17/13 10:32 PM
Kostakio
944 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeaceThroughStrength - 16-0 in the UFC is very impressive.I don't think that will ever be repeated.
Agreed. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 10:57 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game.

Set.

Match. Phone Post
6/17/13 10:57 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unprepared, unfocused Silva would still rule the division Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 11:04 PM
Ip Man 81

GOAT Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 11:05 PM
Authority Figure

6/17/13 11:13 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeaceThroughStrength - No one knows the outcome of this fight,but Anderson silva has been beat before, and can be beat again.Ask Ryo Chonan if Silva is unbeatable.
Ask Chonan who'd win today.... Phone Post
6/17/13 11:18 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
6/17/13 11:18 PM
UGCTT_nightkap

Phone Post
6/17/13 11:31 PM
Samoa
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeaceThroughStrength - No one knows the outcome of this fight,but Anderson silva has been beat before, and can be beat again.Ask Ryo Chonan if Silva is unbeatable.
Should ask Ian Freeman about Mir and Serra about GSP too right? Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 12:17 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

The fact you have to go back almost a decade to make your point speaks for itself. LOL@ thinking Anderson is anywhere near that Anderson as far as skill level. Phone Post
6/18/13 12:18 AM
LyotoBundy
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand the people who doubt Silva every time. When he retires, they'll either act like they were always behind him or that he fought no one relevant. Phone Post
6/18/13 12:35 AM
The Last Emperor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LyotoBundy -  I don't understand the people who doubt Silva every time. When he retires, they'll either act like they were always behind him or that he fought no one relevant. Phone Post

I'm not doubting Anderson's greatness, but he does have quite a few filler fights on his record in the UFC.
6/18/13 12:54 AM
Samoa
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Last Emperor -
LyotoBundy -  I don't understand the people who doubt Silva every time. When he retires, they'll either act like they were always behind him or that he fought no one relevant. Phone Post

I'm not doubting Anderson's greatness, but he does have quite a few filler fights on his record in the UFC.
The filler fights and the top contender fights.......anyone in there at 185 he ducked in his 16 fight run? Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 12:58 AM
Samoa

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
The fact you have to go back almost a decade to make your point speaks for itself. LOL@ thinking Anderson is anywhere near that Anderson as far as skill level. Phone Post
The question that he poses we ask Chonan "Is Anderson Silva unbeatable?" Doesn't have anything to do with Chonan right? "WAS unbeatable" would be applicable to ten years ago "IS unbeatable" pertains to today. Asking Chonan IS Anderson unbeatable has nothing to do with today. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:05 AM
Bananatoles
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

Sick gif. What a boss Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:07 AM
JerodR
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva is great and personally I don't think he will lose in the UFC unless he fights Jones. While Silva is great, the fact that he does not have the takedown defense or wrestling to dictate where the fight takes place makes him beatable.

As far as nobody coming close to Silvas wins in the UFC... Jones has also won 12 out of 13 fights in the UFC and his only loss is a fight that he dominated so really he should be 13 for 13. He is very close to Anderson in terms of consecutive UFC wins but obviously has a way to go for title defenses. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 5:28 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones beats him 99 times out of 100.

6/18/13 5:28 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know one thing: if Weidman wins, this site is gonna crash like the hindenburg

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.