UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Magalhaes: Anthony Perosh sucks

6/17/13 10:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anthony Perosh called for a bout with Vinny Magalhaes and the UFC brass answered, booking the fight for UFC 163. Both are jiu-jitsu black belts, but according to Magalhaes, Perosh is not on his level:

I don't want to sound like I'm talking shit, but Anthony Perosh sucks. He has good jiu jitsu, I mean, he's like the best guy in Australia, as far as jiu jitsu goes, but there's just him and his brother. If you're the best guy, you should have at least 20 guys to compete against. When it's just you and your brother, being the best guy in your country doesn't really mean much.

When I first signed with the UFC again, Joe Silva asked me to give him a list of names of who I would fight immediately. I gave him a list of like six names, and Anthony Perosh wasn't on that list, but he ended up being the guy that Joe contacted first, but Perosh was like, 'No, I don't want to fight Vinny.' He was on a little streak, so I guess, for him, that fight didn't make any sense.

Now, after I lose a fight to a Top 10 guy, I mean, he's nowhere close to Phil's level. It's like he's saying, 'Oh, I want to fight Vinny because he sucks.' I took it personally, because when you call somebody out after a loss, it's like they're saying they want to fight you because they'll beat you up, too.

read entire article... 

6/17/13 10:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer

Thank you for posting :)

6/17/13 10:38 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now let's see if Perosh will post. Let the games begin.

6/17/13 10:41 PM
cfv
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ehhhh, i like vinny bjj wise, but he talks a lot of shit in mma..and doesn't really back it up.
6/17/13 10:45 PM
MagSlim

cfv - ehhhh, i like vinny bjj wise, but he talks a lot of shit in mma..and doesn't really back it up.
Unless you hit a standing guillotine or a flying armbar..........in MMA you have to take somebody down to sub them.

Someone needs to txt Vinny this. I think he's confused. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 10:50 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attn: vinny. I sincerely hope you lose.
-signed "a guy who's opinion doesnt matter" Phone Post
6/17/13 10:50 PM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perosh is the best BJJ guy in Australia?

BRB - I'm going to let Australia know. This will be big news.
6/17/13 10:54 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with Vinny on this one. The only good thing is after the fight Vinny will have another win under his belt.

6/17/13 11:07 PM
pulsar

"I don't want to sound like I'm talking shit, but Anthony Perosh sucks."

Well surprise! You sound like you're talking shit - way to lose fans!

Given the total fail he gave us against Phil, I'm impressed (hmm, some other words spring to mind) he can talk with such a high level of smack.

6/17/13 11:11 PM
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised at all the hate so far. Vinny is a top guy and laid an egg against another top guy, it happens. I fully expect Vinny to come back strong and win a dominant victory in this fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 11:15 PM
youarewhatiswrong
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny is trying to troll Perosh into trying to prove his BJJ against Vinny's strongest point.
6/17/13 11:26 PM
cfv
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he did lay an egg, and it's not really hate, just kind of uhhh, wtf. talking shit about perosh...wut?
6/17/13 11:27 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

He couldn't be more wrong about BJJ in Australia, there's Anthony, his brother and this one other bloke who I think is called Allan.
6/17/13 11:31 PM
BrunoMcGyver
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome - He couldn't be more wrong about BJJ in Australia, there's Anthony, his brother and this one other bloke who I think is called Allan.

lol

If this was 2004 then Vinny would have a point. Don't think there was one bjj black belt where i was from. Now there's fucking shitloads.

6/17/13 11:55 PM
xaeo

Renato could teach vinny how to fight if vinny would just cut the shit Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 12:10 AM
shiki31

Look...fuck jiu jitsu credentials, wins, losses and records. If you can make it past one and a half with some gas left in your tank, you have a chance to beat Magalhaes. He needs to improve his cardio, then he can talk shit. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 12:28 AM
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny was M-1 champ and now fights in the UFC. For those that realize MMA is bigger than just the UFC, it is easy to see that the guys in the UFC are the best of the best. I think we've seen so many unreal performances the last few years we sometimes forget that even the people who lose in the UFC are still in the group "top fighters in the world". Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 12:33 AM
myee8
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Elvis is a green namer, perhaps he can make Perosh aware of this post...

6/18/13 1:09 AM
Vaginal Tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused - I don't like Vinny, I hope he loses. Seems like a massive douche. Phone Post 3.0
He's not. He actually a pretty cool guy. It's always tough to judge someone based solely on interviews when they are being asked about fights. It natural to try to hype the fight so you make it on the main card. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:21 AM
Dazednconfused
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear -
Dazednconfused - I don't like Vinny, I hope he loses. Seems like a massive douche. Phone Post 3.0
He's not. He actually a pretty cool guy. It's always tough to judge someone based solely on interviews when they are being asked about fights. It natural to try to hype the fight so you make it on the main card. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry I accidentally voted you down trying to quote you. Sorry man.

I can understand hyping up fights, but Vinny has come out in multiple interviews, trashing on Anthony's credentials. It just seems unnecessary to start trashing on one of the nicer guys in the business, for no reason.

I like when guys talk shit. But for some reason, this rubs me the wrong way. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:35 AM
Vaginal Tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -
Vaginal Tear -
Sorry I accidentally voted you down trying to quote you. Sorry man.

I can understand hyping up fights, but Vinny has come out in multiple interviews, trashing on Anthony's credentials. It just seems unnecessary to start trashing on one of the nicer guys in the business, for no reason.

I like when guys talk shit. But for some reason, this rubs me the wrong way. Phone Post 3.0
No worries.

Anthony called him out which prob rubbed him the wrong way. I can see why he would attack Anthony's strongest asset as Vinnys are just better. Maybe it's a head game, maybe it's shit talking just for the sake of shit talking. I still don't think it's fair to judge someone based solely on interviews. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 1:46 AM
idsmashit

big_roy_fan - 
bknumber1 - Vinny was M-1 champ and now fights in the UFC. For those that realize MMA is bigger than just the UFC, it is easy to see that the guys in the UFC are the best of the best. I think we've seen so many unreal performances the last few years we sometimes forget that even the people who lose in the UFC are still in the group "top fighters in the world". Phone Post 3.0

m-1 sucks

6/18/13 1:56 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 - Vinny was M-1 champ and now fights in the UFC. For those that realize MMA is bigger than just the UFC, it is easy to see that the guys in the UFC are the best of the best. I think we've seen so many unreal performances the last few years we sometimes forget that even the people who lose in the UFC are still in the group "top fighters in the world". Phone Post 3.0
Exactly that's why it's kinda stupid Vinny saying Perosh sucks. He's no better or worse than Vinny at the moment, they're both stuck outside the top 10. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 3:21 AM
balena

i dont know vinny but i have met anthony and had the honor of sparring with him a bit many years ago

he is a great straight-up guy and a classy dude, no need for this kind of talk

6/18/13 4:03 AM
nostripewhite

Vinny is silly.

Whose already been cut once?

Whose going to end up cut again before long?

Probably Vinny. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.