UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Any 5th Degree Karate Masters in MMA?

6/18/13 4:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF? Is this the Foot Fist Way part 2?
6/18/13 4:43 PM
pennviachoke
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ncimm - 0:58 ftw
Ur fucking right :58 FTW! WTF was that shit!? Bahahahahahahaha Phone Post
6/18/13 4:44 PM
James Funaro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you post the link so I can see it in YouTube? I'd love to get more I of on this deadly crap
6/18/13 4:51 PM
Kirik
2025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

It really bums me out that traditional martial arts have events like the 100 Man Kumite which is insanely tough, hurts me even to watch it, and somehow, you water stuff down for a couple of generations and you get, well, that. Fred Ettish is a traditional martial artist, and would clean out that entire gym simultaneously.

6/19/13 1:32 AM
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/13 1:32 AM

WTF was that?!?

I think I stick to kyokushin grading kumite, thanks.

Valeri Dimitrov grading to 3rd Dan. 2 days after he won the Shinkyokushin world cup, so he was far from in undamaged condition.

6/19/13 3:00 AM
Paul Carroll
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a karate practitioner myself I must say that was truely embarrassing.
There is some great karate styles and practitioners out there. Unfortunately that video had none of either.
I'm off to stand in horse stance and shake my head for the next hour. Phone Post
6/19/13 3:17 AM
Erik Tracey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason David Frank? Phone Post
6/19/13 3:22 AM
Erik Tracey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, da fuq was that shit? Phone Post
6/19/13 11:21 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG, I was twice as good as that when I tested for Blue belt in TKD. I actually jump kicked the BB sparring me and he had to take a knee. Amazing the self-delusion.

6/19/13 11:43 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.  Utterly delusional.

Huge difference between 2Jupes Deadly-Dozen-Dorks and what Kolsyrade posted.

6/19/13 11:52 AM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unwariestpickle - LOL. A BJJ yellow belt would take out one of those "5th degree" blackbelts. It sucks because I've seen legit Karate guys, but what the fuck was that?

What an embarrassment.

Just fyi, while yellow is a classic early belt in TMAs, there are no yellow belts in BJJ. 

At least not in legitimate, adult programs.  I've seen kids' programs that add various belts.

In BJJ there is only white-->blue-->purple-->brown-->black.

BJJ is popular enough with folks on this forum that I figure you'd want to know.

6/19/13 11:54 AM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kolsyrade - 

WTF was that?!?

I think I stick to kyokushin grading kumite, thanks.

Valeri Dimitrov grading to 3rd Dan. 2 days after he won the Shinkyokushin world cup, so he was far from in undamaged condition.

Fosters toughness no doubt, but would adding head punches--as would lead off any real confrontation--not be a major game changer for these guys? 

Everything about the way they stand, position their hands, and position their heads is such that it appears a serviceable boxer would knock their heads into next week. 

But no doubt leagues more useful that whatever that nonsense was in the opening video.

6/19/13 1:13 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a short video.

6/19/13 1:17 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Filho's 100 man kumite.

6/24/13 3:26 PM
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

regarding the original video.

Not that I think anyone cares, but it is not karate, it is WMAA Taekwondo.

http://wmaa.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.