UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit: This is kind of a ‘do or die’ fight

6/18/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Carlos Condit is set to headline the UFC on Fox Sports 1 (2) event in Indianapolis verus Martin Kampmann. The bout is an important one for both as the winner will stay relevant in the welterweight title picture and the loser will have some serious work in front of them, something Condit knows all too well:

"I’m really pleased to have the opportunity to avenge that loss. It was a really close fight. I had some opportunities in that fight to end it and I didn’t. That night Martin was a better man and he won the fight. What’s exciting about this matchup is he’s improved so much as a fighter since then as have I. We are both hungry.

“This is kind of a ‘do or die’ fight for both of us. I’m coming off two losses in a row. He’s coming off a loss. This is a crazy sport and a crazy business. You never know when you are going to get that pink slip. We are both highly motivated to go in there and get the win.

“He’s a hungry guy and a hard worker. I have a lot of respect for him—and I know everybody says that—but Martin Kampmann is a guy I genuinely respect. I really do. He’s worked his ass off to come to the states and follow his dream. He’s trying to achieve his goals and so am I. That makes for a dangerous combination and an exciting formula to make a great fight for the fans.”

read entire article...

6/18/13 10:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Knippz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Condit and his attitude. Easily one of the most likeable fighters out there.
da Vinci 81
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit will beat him this time around, imo.
Knippz

Says a lot too that Hendricks beat both of these guys. War Hendricks!
6/18/13 10:42 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knippz - I like Condit and his attitude. Easily one of the most likeable fighters out there.
Couldn't agree more Phone Post
6/18/13 10:44 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knippz - Says a lot too that Hendricks beat both of these guys. War Hendricks!
Thought 'Los won that one. ...no disrespect toward you or Johnny, just my view of that fight. Phone Post
6/18/13 10:45 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos is all class. My favorite welterweight by far. Phone Post
6/18/13 10:46 PM
ShanTheMan
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGoldenRule - 
Knippz - I like Condit and his attitude. Easily one of the most likeable fighters out there.
Couldn't agree more Phone Post

6/18/13 10:47 PM
AhYeah
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Carlos and his attitude but his fight w/ Diaz pissed me off, but I wish him well.
6/18/13 10:51 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AhYeah - I like Carlos and his attitude but his fight w/ Diaz pissed me off, but I wish him well.

This.

I'm still gun-shy from that Diaz fight so whenever he says "it's do or die" and coming off of two losses how bad he needs to "win" this fight.  I'm hesitant.  That being said, I'm definitely a fan and (almost) always enjoy a NBK fight.

6/18/13 10:52 PM
MagSlim

Just look at that pic. Who protects their chin like that in a full on fight?!?

I don't like him, but I have a ton of respect for him as a fighter. A ton. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 10:53 PM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - Just look at that pic. Who protects their chin like that in a full on fight?!?

I don't like him, but I have a ton of respect for him as a fighter. A ton. Phone Post 3.0
Wha? Phone Post
6/18/13 11:07 PM
PUBLICnoose

hes the best. my favorite fighter Phone Post
6/18/13 11:08 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there anyone more likeable than Condit?

6/18/13 11:11 PM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Diaz fan and I LOVE Carlos and his attitude. Cannot wait for this fight.

6/18/13 11:15 PM
FormrChamp

Ummmm, he beat Diaz. Let it go......IMO i don't even think Nick's in the top 10. There are plenty of guys that would take him out.
6/18/13 11:25 PM
aka_rtotheoh

call me CCCC. because im a Carlos Condit Cock Clinger. Phone Post
6/18/13 11:28 PM
Willin
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit is one of the top fighter's I get excited to watch- war Condit! Phone Post
6/18/13 11:29 PM
Willin
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they gave Hardy about 5 shots at redemption then Condit should get ~10. Phone Post
6/18/13 11:32 PM
Eggbert
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Condit. Guy is a true professional. The only person to fight Gsp that I said if George has to lose then I'm ok with it being Condit. Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 11:33 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge Hitman fan but I see Condit avenging his loss here.
6/18/13 11:36 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think I've ever heard Condit make excuses for a loss. [Kampmann was the better man.] That's it.

So refreshing compared to the usual "I don't wanna make excuses but here's a list..." Phone Post 3.0
6/18/13 11:57 PM
Kings21
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not much of a Carlos fan (personally anyways) but I do enjoy watching him fight. I rarely root for the guy but enjoyed the Diaz fight. Thought he fought smart and I have an appreciation for that.
6/19/13 1:29 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The day they cut condit is the day I stop watching UFC.

War condit!!! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 2:23 AM
Blackbeard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit will take that belt when GSP retires and I hope he holds it until he retires. He's a man of class and whoop ass!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.