UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Why Silva is the greatest of all-time

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
6/19/13 7:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

As only he can, UFC announcer Joe Rogan provides his commentary on why Anderson Silva is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. Silva faces Chris Weidman at UFC 162 to prove his #1 ranking.

6/19/13 7:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Swinging Richard
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/19/13 7:59 AM
DatSpider
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed.

Shooto
Shooto Middleweight Championship (One time)
Cage Rage Championships
Cage Rage Middleweight Championship (One time, Final)
Tied (Paul Daley) for most consecutive title defenses (3)
Tied (Paul Daley) for most successful title defenses (3)

Ultimate Fighting Championship

UFC Middleweight Championship (One time, Current)
Unified UFC Middleweight and Pride FC Welterweight Championship
Fight of the Night (Three times)
Submission of the Night (Two times)
Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
Tied (Joe Lauzon) for all-time leader in Post-fight Bonus Awards (12)[6]
Most consecutive title defenses (10)
Most successful title defenses (10)
Tied (Georges St-Pierre) for most wins in UFC title fights (11)
Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
Most finishes in the UFC (14)
Most consecutive wins in the UFC (16)
Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)[84]
Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)[84]
Tied (Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture) for third most wins in the UFC (16)
Longest UFC title reign
Undefeated in the UFC (16-0)
6/19/13 8:10 AM
PUBLICnoose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
he needs to fight jones Phone Post
6/19/13 8:21 AM
orcus

anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0

Yeah it's all dependent on being able to beat the Zulus and Hong Man Chois of the world.

6/19/13 8:31 AM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0

Yeah it's all dependent on being able to beat the Zulus and Hong Man Chois of the world.

^ Phone Post
6/19/13 8:34 AM
Mufasatheking

orcus - 

Yes it is

Id be FAR more impressed if Anderson subbed Butterbean or Akebono then if he beat guys like Weidman, Jacare etc.

(not srs)
6/19/13 8:37 AM
King Trav
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 8:50 AM
Vaginal Tear
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is the best but Bones is a very close second. GSP as talented as he is just isn't the killer those two are. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 9:14 AM
Tilla

Give it a rest, Joe.

Anderson fights the likes of Bonnar (who is B-Level) and because he lets him tee-off on him, and misses, he is Neo's clone... Zzzz.

Anderson, IMO, he's got the same syndrome as Mayweather. Fight once in a blue moon and fight pointless fights and moan about stuff...

Irvin? Bonnar? Griffin? Cote? Thales (however you pronounce it)? Daft fights.

When Andy is on HE'S ON, but he makes too many excuses... "He's my friend" etc.

You shouldn't fight @ 205 if you won't fight the best there. That's why I hope GSP never takes this fight.

Fedor, for me, is the greatest.

Humble, Tried to kill you, Finished fights, Didn't complain, Fought the two greatest HW's of his time (and beat them), He just got on with it!

Bones is great, but the dude IS a HW. Look at his fucking frame. Fedor was essentially a 185'er going against the best.

GSP is a better MMA'er than Anderson. He is more well rounded.

I've never seen the hype over Anderson.

6/19/13 9:17 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LyotoBundy -
orcus -

^ Phone Post
Choi back then would squash Silva. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 9:20 AM
Fade7
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt the Jordan of MMA
6/19/13 9:26 AM
eXtv
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Yeah Fedor never fought someone considerably larger than him that wasn't those 2 guys...
6/19/13 9:29 AM
rMar89
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - Give it a rest, Joe.

Anderson fights the likes of Bonnar (who is B-Level) and because he lets him tee-off on him, and misses, he is Neo's clone... Zzzz.

Anderson, IMO, he's got the same syndrome as Mayweather. Fight once in a blue moon and fight pointless fights and moan about stuff...

You shouldn't fight @ 205 if you won't fight the best there. That's why I hope GSP never takes this fight.

Humble, Tried to kill you, Finished fights, Didn't complain, Fought the two greatest HW's of his time (and beat them), He just got on with it!

Bones is great, but the dude IS a HW. Look at his fucking frame. Fedor was essentially a 185'er going against the best.

You're loco. Phone Post
6/19/13 9:30 AM
Tilla

rMar89 - 
Tilla - Give it a rest, Joe.

You're loco. Phone Post

It's my opinion.
6/19/13 9:36 AM
Tilla

Here we go... Newbie Fedor haters are here! :-(

6/19/13 9:41 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Tilla - Here we go... Newbie Fedor haters are here! :-(

Ironic as this is an Anderson thread and the hate came at him before anyone else...people just responded. Phone Post
6/19/13 9:43 AM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear - Anderson is the best but Bones is a very close second. GSP as talented as he is just isn't the killer those two are. Phone Post 3.0
Agree with the Silva and GSP comments but Jones isn't there just yet, on his way no doubt but still some proving to do.

I wonder if Rogan will feel the same way if Weidman beats Silva. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 9:49 AM
crumbs
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is the greatest. His worst losing streak is 1, Fedor lost 3 in a row. That's one year of fighting for the average pro fighter, Fedor went a calender mma year without winning, during his prime( both him and Anderson are pretty much the same age), that doesn't scream greatest to me.

Fedor was a great fighter and his career is stellar, but I cant put him and his 3 fight losing streak ahead of a guy whos record and career are just as good if not slightly better, with no losing streak at all, and call him the goat.
6/19/13 9:53 AM
slamming

anthonyshogun -
omega 2013 -
anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
That's why no one will take your opinion seriously. Phone Post
First of all fedor is the consensus goat. So yeah , heaps of people would agree with my opinion. Secondly , who gives two fucks what you think Phone Post 3.0
I hate when people use the word consensus to try bolster an argument. Meh. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:02 AM
diggity

orcus -

Awesome! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:06 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody at any weight-class has ever "made it look easy" like Anderson has against so many opponents at two (2) weight-classes. 

Other fighters have fought over multiple weight classes (Hendo, Edgar, BJ), or as the smaller-guy in a bigger division (Fedor, Hendo, Edgar, BJ), or are so dominant in their division that many fans clamor for them to go up (Bones, BJ).

However, not a single one of those other bad-asses do what Anderson does, which is make their opponents appear to be clumsy, fumbling, slow, awkward and unskilled amateurs.  It is uncanny, mesmerizing, nigh-other-worldly and it unequivocably separates Anderson Silva from every other mixed-martial-artist on planet Earth.

Every time Anderson steps in the ring, magic can and often does happen.

6/19/13 10:22 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuff said

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/287683/2gvljtj_jpg.gif Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:22 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

^ blue name please Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:24 AM
rMar89
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - Here we go... Newbie Fedor haters are here! :-(

Not a hater at all; I just don't think he is the goat. The majority of his fights are in an era riddled with controversy. From the yukuza being involved and fixed fights. I know he's great I just feel Anderson is way better. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.