UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Why Silva is the greatest of all-time

6/19/13 5:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bixby
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool video until that trashy rock music started.

6/19/13 5:43 PM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly

Jon Jones is the current best.

Anderson is the all time goat, but i think Jon jones will surpass.

GSP is clear third.

Fedor 4th.
6/19/13 5:51 PM
Bixby

Tilla - Give it a rest, Joe.

Anderson fights the likes of Bonnar (who is B-Level) and because he lets him tee-off on him, and misses, he is Neo's clone... Zzzz.

Anderson, IMO, he's got the same syndrome as Mayweather. Fight once in a blue moon and fight pointless fights and moan about stuff...

Irvin? Bonnar? Griffin? Cote? Thales (however you pronounce it)? Daft fights.

When Andy is on HE'S ON, but he makes too many excuses... "He's my friend" etc.

You shouldn't fight @ 205 if you won't fight the best there. That's why I hope GSP never takes this fight.

Fedor, for me, is the greatest.

Humble, Tried to kill you, Finished fights, Didn't complain, Fought the two greatest HW's of his time (and beat them), He just got on with it!

Bones is great, but the dude IS a HW. Look at his fucking frame. Fedor was essentially a 185'er going against the best.

GSP is a better MMA'er than Anderson. He is more well rounded.

I've never seen the hype over Anderson.

Fedor faked a hand injury many times when Cro Cop was really fucking dangerous and they were about set a date for their match.

Fedor beat many freak shows and IMO his only great wins are:

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop
3. A 2004 juiced up the grill coming of a miracle KO of Cro Cop Kevin Randleman
4. A 5 fight winning streak Arlovski

which are 6 fights out of 40!
6/19/13 5:53 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bixby - 

Anderson fights the likes of Bonnar (who is B-Level) and because he lets him tee-off on him, and misses, he is Neo's clone... Zzzz.

Anderson, IMO, he's got the same syndrome as Mayweather. Fight once in a blue moon and fight pointless fights and moan about stuff...

You shouldn't fight @ 205 if you won't fight the best there. That's why I hope GSP never takes this fight.

Humble, Tried to kill you, Finished fights, Didn't complain, Fought the two greatest HW's of his time (and beat them), He just got on with it!

Bones is great, but the dude IS a HW. Look at his fucking frame. Fedor was essentially a 185'er going against the best.

Fedor faked a hand injury many times when Cro Cop was really fucking dangerous and they were about set a date for their match.

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

Faked a hand injury? Just shut the fuck up. You have nothing to show that Fedor did fake any hand injury. It's a fact that he broke his hands real bad against TK and his left hand was badly injured going into the Cro Cop fight (there is video footage of Bas telling Cro Cop about it shortly before their fight).

Stop being a slanderous cocksucker and show some respect.
6/19/13 6:24 PM
Bixby

eXtv - 
Bixby - 

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

Faked a hand injury? Just shut the fuck up. You have nothing to show that Fedor did fake any hand injury. It's a fact that he broke his hands real bad against TK and his left hand was badly injured going into the Cro Cop fight (there is video footage of Bas telling Cro Cop about it shortly before their fight).

Listen kiddo...pretty suspicious seeing Fedor with a wrapped up hand saying his hand will be ok but just after Mirko demolishes someone he backs out of the fight.

The fight was being talked about in 2003. It took them 2 fucking years to make the fight when both were winning?

Fedor watched the Alex and Magomedov fight real fucking close hoping CC would lose...
6/19/13 6:36 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
He's an unbelievable fighter. I don't believe in GOATS because of how young the Sport is, but he's definitely one of the greats. He's a Legendary, HOF, Pioneer. Weidman better be ready.
6/19/13 6:41 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla -
rMar89 - 
Tilla - Give it a rest, Joe.

You're loco. Phone Post

It's my opinion.
This is one of those few wrong opinions.

I the words of Neil De Grasse Tyson :
Science is right whether you believe in it or not.
Same goes with Anderson Phone Post
6/19/13 7:25 PM
larry bagina
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 -
larry bagina - CRMartin11

"he definitely is. Anyone who is huge NBA fan will know Jordan was overrated and given tons of advantages. They changed the rules of the game for him and refs were always on his side."

While I respect he rest of your points, this one is laughable... Phone Post 3.0

Let's hear your rebuttal. You probably don't know shit about the NBA and Michael Jordan. If my argument is so laughable it should be easy for you to debate. Only an idiot says something like, "this one is laughable" without backing it up. Put up or shut up.
I probably don't know shit, other than watching pretty much every Bulls game from 1986 on til he retired. It's just funny to hear people say Jordan was overrated. Overrated how? And by whom? And changing the rules? If Jordan played in today's game where you can't even hand check he would average 50 per game.

I don't need to prove to you why it's laughable, any TRUE NBA fan would agree that it's laughable, saying Anderson Silva is like Jordan in the backhanded way you described. I would think a more apt comparison to Anderson from a different sport would be the oft mentioned Roy Jones Jr... But hey I don't know shit about Michael Jordan or the NBA! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 7:27 PM
Tilla

Bixby - 

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

Yeah, Nog who was known UNIVERSALLY as THE BEST HW on the planet, and he had the most dangerous guard.

Fedor was SUPERMAN punching his way in and out of that shit like nothing AND he was using Nog's face as a speedball...

Like beating PRIME NOG THREE TIMES means nothing! HAHAHAH.

CC was the most dangerous HW on the planet when Fedor beat him.

The universal best two HW's on the planet and Fedor beat them.

Unlike Cain who gets starched in 70 seconds and then takes 25 minutes and 8'000 punches to beat the same guy a year later..

Miracle? Kevin timed that hook beautifully.

You forget that when Fedor was beating the likes of these two, Andy was getting subbed by Japanese cans.
6/19/13 7:28 PM
larry bagina
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

larry bagina -
CRMartin11 -

"he definitely is. Anyone who is huge NBA fan will know Jordan was overrated and given tons of advantages. They changed the rules of the game for him and refs were always on his side."

Let's hear your rebuttal. You probably don't know shit about the NBA and Michael Jordan. If my argument is so laughable it should be easy for you to debate. Only an idiot says something like, "this one is laughable" without backing it up. Put up or shut up.
I probably don't know shit, other than watching pretty much every Bulls game from 1986 on til he retired. It's just funny to hear people say Jordan was overrated. Overrated how? And by whom? And changing the rules? If Jordan played in today's game where you can't even hand check he would average 50 per game.

I don't need to prove to you why it's laughable, any TRUE NBA fan would agree that it's laughable, saying Anderson Silva is like Jordan in the backhanded way you described. I would think a more apt comparison to Anderson from a different sport would be the oft mentioned Roy Jones Jr... But hey I don't know shit about Michael Jordan or the NBA! Phone Post 3.0
Oh and about the Ref thing, if you're such a "huge NBA fan", you obviously know its a superstar league and they all get the calls! MJ=huge star=benefit of great calls! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 7:46 PM
Smith1234
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
Noob trying to sound cool. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 7:54 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bixby - 
eXtv - 
Bixby - 

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

Listen kiddo...pretty suspicious seeing Fedor with a wrapped up hand saying his hand will be ok but just after Mirko demolishes someone he backs out of the fight.

The fight was being talked about in 2003. It took them 2 fucking years to make the fight when both were winning?

Fedor watched the Alex and Magomedov fight real fucking close hoping CC would lose...

He watched the Alex and Magomedov fights real close and wanted them to win because they were his teammates.

And as for the other stuff, the fight happened when Cro Cop was at his peak, had rounded out his game with Werdum and was as ready to take on Fedor as he ever would've been. Fedor dominated every aspect of the fight all the same.
6/19/13 8:01 PM
HBwrestler

Fedor will go down as the Heavy Weight GOAT, no doubt about it.

But the things that Anderson has done in the past few years, and the amount of time he has been dominant in the UFC is unparalled. I love  fedor as much as anyone but you cannot deny Anderson of the P4P GOAT title.

6/19/13 8:07 PM
PepperUK
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
Bonner??????????????? Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 8:08 PM
CLINTK9
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bixby - 

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

and Anderson's Great wins are:

1. Henderson
2. Belfort
3. Franklin x2
4. Sonnen x2

thats 6 fights out of 33

an no, if your not gonna count Sylvia, Coleman, Herring, Schilt, Fujita, Hunt or even Rogers who was top 10 at the time then Anderson doesnt get Sakurai, Nate, Horn, & Griffin.

6/19/13 8:33 PM
larry bagina

CRMartin11 -
larry bagina - 
larry bagina -
CRMartin11 -

Oh and about the Ref thing, if you're such a "huge NBA fan", you obviously know its a superstar league and they all get the calls! MJ=huge star=benefit of great calls! Phone Post 3.0

nowdays I would agree. All stars are given benefits. In Jordan's day he was untouchable. He was above all others. No other stars were getting the calls Jordan was. And about changing the rules. Look it up. Its a fact.

And who said Jordan was overrated? Is this a serious question? A lot of people. You clearly aren't well informed on this subject.

"If Michael Jordan was here right now, I would say to him: When you are so great that the league tries to change the rules in attempt to stop you, then you can claim you are the best ever. Every rule change I have seen during your career has been meant to enhance your game"

- Wilt Chamberlain

"Without question, no hesitation, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was the best player I ever played against. Not just the best center, he was the best player, period. He was better than Magic, better than Larry, better than Michael."

- Bill Halton

"His (Jordan's) incredible athletic ability, charisma and leadership on the court helped to make basketball popular around the world - no question about that. But in terms of greatness MJ has to take a backseat to The Stilt."

- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Michael Jordan was a great player, but he won after Chicago got Pippen, Grant, and those other players to go along with him, because for a while they couldn't beat Detroit...The Media has now anointed Michael Jordan the greatest of all time? No, I don't think he is."

- Oscar Robertson

I could give many more examples. Is my argument so laughable now? You are so uninformed/misinformed. Go do some reading.

Larry Byrd was better than Jordan. Go check the stats of every game Byrd played against Jordan. It's obvious who the better player was.
Ok sure guy, I'll post all the quotes from hundreds of former players, coaches, and owners that say Jordan is the greatest.. Your argument is ridiculous. Larry "Byrd" is better then Michael Jordan in your book? Another laughable statement, and a statement that tells me I know longer need to argue this stupid point with you. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 8:59 PM
exar kun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that switch(reversal?) on nate(it was nate right?) was sweeeeet.
6/19/13 9:00 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Didn't Anderson himself say in an interview that Fedor would win if they fought? Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 9:19 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Its amazing how ignorant and disrespectful people become when discussing Fedor vs Anderson. Really makes me ashamed to even post here.

Have some fucking respect you dipshits. Phone Post
6/19/13 9:32 PM
JetSetter

Fedor was exposed Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:02 PM
MrColdCock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - 
Bofbro - Lets ask the Brazilian fans who they think the GOAT is.
Oh already been done, landslide for Fedor methinks.

Fedor has beat more UFC belt holders than anyone else, but he gets shit on because he's never fought in the UFC.

He gets shit on because he never fought anyone HOLDING the ufc belt. Phone Post

And Usain Bolt never won in the Special Olympics.

What's your point?
6/19/13 10:05 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

Oh lord you Fedor nuthuggers make me cringe so hard motherfuckers wanna find me
6/19/13 10:26 PM
larry bagina

CRMartin11 - 
larry bagina - 
CRMartin11 -
larry bagina - 
larry bagina -
CRMartin11 -

nowdays I would agree. All stars are given benefits. In Jordan's day he was untouchable. He was above all others. No other stars were getting the calls Jordan was. And about changing the rules. Look it up. Its a fact.

And who said Jordan was overrated? Is this a serious question? A lot of people. You clearly aren't well informed on this subject.

"If Michael Jordan was here right now, I would say to him: When you are so great that the league tries to change the rules in attempt to stop you, then you can claim you are the best ever. Every rule change I have seen during your career has been meant to enhance your game"

- Wilt Chamberlain

"Without question, no hesitation, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was the best player I ever played against. Not just the best center, he was the best player, period. He was better than Magic, better than Larry, better than Michael."

- Bill Halton

"His (Jordan's) incredible athletic ability, charisma and leadership on the court helped to make basketball popular around the world - no question about that. But in terms of greatness MJ has to take a backseat to The Stilt."

- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Michael Jordan was a great player, but he won after Chicago got Pippen, Grant, and those other players to go along with him, because for a while they couldn't beat Detroit...The Media has now anointed Michael Jordan the greatest of all time? No, I don't think he is."

- Oscar Robertson

I could give many more examples. Is my argument so laughable now? You are so uninformed/misinformed. Go do some reading.

Larry Byrd was better than Jordan. Go check the stats of every game Byrd played against Jordan. It's obvious who the better player was.
Ok sure guy, I'll post all the quotes from hundreds of former players, coaches, and owners that say Jordan is the greatest.. Your argument is ridiculous. Larry "Byrd" is better then Michael Jordan in your book? Another laughable statement, and a statement that tells me I know longer need to argue this stupid point with you. Phone Post 3.0

You haven't even debated me. All you have done is pose a few questions. You act like you know everything and that and try to mock me, but you haven't refuted anything I have said or offered any counter points/ argument. Like I said earlier put up or shut up.

No mockery here my friend... Bring your talents south to the OG

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=2190127&page=1&pc=25
6/19/13 10:33 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

CLINTK9 -
Bixby - 

1. Prime Nog 3 times
2. Prime Cro Cop

and Anderson's Great wins are:

1. Henderson
2. Belfort
3. Franklin x2
4. Sonnen x2

thats 6 fights out of 33

an no, if your not gonna count Sylvia, Coleman, Herring, Schilt, Fujita, Hunt or even Rogers who was top 10 at the time then Anderson doesnt get Sakurai, Nate, Horn, & Griffin.

How you could NOT count sakurai as a top win for Anderson is baffling.

#1 ww in the world at the time and most people's #1-2 p4p in the world as well. Phone Post
6/19/13 10:35 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Also if you're going to argue Rogers because he was top 10 then compare both of their total top 10 wins. I think Silva is at 17 to fedor's 12 or something like that. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.