UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Why Silva is the greatest of all-time

6/20/13 4:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
idsmashit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0

Fedor needs to fight Bigfoot again in the UFC again see how he handles the bigger man. Bums in Japan.... GSP is number 1 at ruining main events and getting boo'd. Silva clear number 1
6/20/13 6:12 AM
Bixby

Fedor was pretty fucking good. Seen many of his fights live and people think Im bashing him.

Fact of the matter is he crossed over to the US too freakin late. People got the wrong impression of him.

Part of the problem is the US heavyweights are all closer to the weight limit whereas in japan they were "smaller" thus more comfortable for Fedor.

The Rogers fight, although winning, showed alot of problems for him.

Fedor is undoubtedly a legend in japan and MMA. Just not in the US.
6/20/13 6:45 AM
Mhorad
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva is unbelievable. Simply awesome.
Some good points about Fedor, but the FACTS remain.

In his prime he crushed everyone. All the top fighters knew he was the best, and so did the fans. I recall even Joe Rogan stated as much.

Randy Couture LEFT the UFC as the CURRENT HW UFC Champ to try and fight him, and was taken to court by the UFC to stop the match.

Tim Silvia and Andrei Arlovski BOTH left the UFC to fight him (and BOTH got KTFO).

Minotouro is STILL in the top 10 all this time later, and Fedor CRUSHED him in his prime TWICE.

Silva will also lose soon (unless he retires, which I doubt) and you same weak minded fags will bag him as well.

Real fans know that both Fedor and Silva (and GSP) are living legends, and the greatest fighters of all time.

BUT if Silva was as good, he would be fighting at Heavyweight. Simple as that.

I'm proud to have experienced the full range of emotions relating to Fedor's career from:

- Who's this Russian dude? Comon...he can't beat Herring
- Who's this Fedor dude? Comon....he can't beat Minotouro
- Holy fuck....he's beating everyone! (for the next 8 years)
- Oh no, surely the UFC will pick him up (for the next 4 years)....FOR FUCKS SAKE...GET HIM IN THE UFC!
- Oh no, he IS human.
- Please Fedor, don't retire...

And now we have to put up with cunt sponges bagging him. No matter what happens, he will ALWAYS be regarded as the Greatest ever. You will never change that.

Run the pols dickheads. Your opinion won't change shit.

Neither will the revisionists.
6/20/13 6:45 AM
Mhorad
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/13 6:45 AM
double...due to passion
6/20/13 7:48 AM
Gojira78
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva highlights in the UFC...

Leben- big k.o. Hadn't been knocked out, is still very hard to knock out and was on a good win streak.

Franklin- big k.o's. Was the champ on a great streak.

Lutter- sub. Not a great fight for Silva but submitted a phenom BBJer.

Hendo- sub. Submitted someone who had only been submitted by the Nogs who massively outweigh him.

Irvin and Bonnar- k.o's. Went up and destroyed the bigger men in devastating fashion. Bonnar got trolled.

Forrest- the matrix k.o. Forrest had just lost the LHW belt
and got murdered.

Sonnen- possibly trolled twice. You cant say for certain but I'm sure people believe Silva trolled him in both fights. I think he did in the 2nd fight.

He annihilates his opponents in the most aesthetically pleasing ways. He is an absolute fucking legend!
6/20/13 9:05 AM
sambrincat

Tilla - Give it a rest, Joe.

Anderson fights the likes of Bonnar (who is B-Level) and because he lets him tee-off on him, and misses, he is Neo's clone... Zzzz.

Anderson, IMO, he's got the same syndrome as Mayweather. Fight once in a blue moon and fight pointless fights and moan about stuff...

Irvin? Bonnar? Griffin? Cote? Thales (however you pronounce it)? Daft fights.

When Andy is on HE'S ON, but he makes too many excuses... "He's my friend" etc.

You shouldn't fight @ 205 if you won't fight the best there. That's why I hope GSP never takes this fight.

Fedor, for me, is the greatest.

Humble, Tried to kill you, Finished fights, Didn't complain, Fought the two greatest HW's of his time (and beat them), He just got on with it!

Bones is great, but the dude IS a HW. Look at his fucking frame. Fedor was essentially a 185'er going against the best.

GSP is a better MMA'er than Anderson. He is more well rounded.

I've never seen the hype over Anderson.

Wow epic fail. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 9:07 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - Didn't Anderson himself say in an interview that Fedor would win if they fought? Phone Post 3.0
This. He called him and Penn the greatest. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 9:11 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again if the fought in Pride since they're around the same age. Who would of kicked who's ass? That ends the argument and it ends with Fedor respectively beating Anderon. To me that is who's better Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 9:12 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Mhorad - Silva is unbelievable. Simply awesome.

In his prime he crushed everyone. All the top fighters knew he was the best, and so did the fans. I recall even Joe Rogan stated as much.

Randy Couture LEFT the UFC as the CURRENT HW UFC Champ to try and fight him, and was taken to court by the UFC to stop the match.

Tim Silvia and Andrei Arlovski BOTH left the UFC to fight him (and BOTH got KTFO).

Minotouro is STILL in the top 10 all this time later, and Fedor CRUSHED him in his prime TWICE.

Silva will also lose soon (unless he retires, which I doubt) and you same weak minded fags will bag him as well.

Real fans know that both Fedor and Silva (and GSP) are living legends, and the greatest fighters of all time.

I'm proud to have experienced the full range of emotions relating to Fedor's career from:

- Oh no, surely the UFC will pick him up (for the next 4 years)....FOR FUCKS SAKE...GET HIM IN THE UFC!
- Oh no, he IS human.

And now we have to put up with cunt sponges bagging him. No matter what happens, he will ALWAYS be regarded as the Greatest ever. You will never change that.

You make some great points, but to say that a fighter who started his career at 167 needs to fight at HW to really be that good in your eyes is ridiculous.

Even currently, when he is in shape to fight, he is a ~200 pound fighter. Phone Post
6/20/13 9:13 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - Again if the fought in Pride since they're around the same age. Who would of kicked who's ass? That ends the argument and it ends with Fedor respectively beating Anderon. To me that is who's better Phone Post 3.0
In a GOAT discussion "who would have beat who" is not the be all end all.

Honestly, prime vs prime, there is no guarantee of who wins. Fedor might be the slight favorite, but I don't see either as a lock to win. Phone Post
6/20/13 9:17 AM
Ayk07

Trust me I an a fan of Fedor and would love to say that he is #1 but I can't. Anderson is unreal, Fedor did not tool and play with his opponents like that. He is an animal and his opponents looked like his toys to ko. Also he is almost 38. I know I will miss Anderson a lot more than Fedor. He is a special fighter. Phone Post
6/20/13 9:25 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - Again if the fought in Pride since they're around the same age. Who would of kicked who's ass? That ends the argument and it ends with Fedor respectively beating Anderon. To me that is who's better Phone Post 3.0

Honestly, prime vs prime, there is no guarantee of who wins. Fedor might be the slight favorite, but I don't see either as a lock to win. Phone Post
He would punch and clutch him just like Nog and get him down and pride GnP him. Silva couldn't handle Chaels closing speed on takedowns, so now he's handling Fedor's. Anderson is a beast and when he's gone he'll get clowned by all the new fan breed and get disrespected and downplayed like Fedor. I mean the dude ruled the division where head can get knocked off at anytime for 10 yrs. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 10:31 AM
The cook

Mhorad - Silva is unbelievable. Simply awesome.

- Oh no, he IS human.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! You're funny, i like you.
That is unless you actually believe what you wrote here and you're just not troling...Then you're not so funny, or likeable.
6/20/13 10:51 AM
eljamaiquino
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

He would punch and clutch him just like Nog and get him down and pride GnP him. Silva couldn't handle Chaels closing speed on takedowns, so now he's handling Fedor's. Anderson is a beast and when he's gone he'll get clowned by all the new fan breed and get disrespected and downplayed like Fedor. I mean the dude ruled the division where head can get knocked off at anytime for 10 yrs. Phone Post 3.0
Mws move faster than hws. Fedors speed is only in comparison to hws. When he fought a smaller lhw/mw, he got KTFO, remember? Phone Post
6/20/13 10:54 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

eljamaiquino -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Mws move faster than hws. Fedors speed is only in comparison to hws. When he fought a smaller lhw/mw, he got KTFO, remember? Phone Post
Yes I remember but he was deteriorating years before that. Look at his physique in Rings and early Pride he had cat speed and was built like a bull. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 10:54 AM
Jaybrone
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/13 10:55 AM
anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0

You mean like the large MW in Hendo and Sonnen or LHW's Bonnar, Griffin, Irvin?

Don't be a hater just appreciate his greatness.

6/20/13 10:57 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Boise State never loses either, it's all about competition.

Anderson Silva might be the most talented of all time but I look at the degree of difficulty being lower than that of GSP and Jones, Weidman will help his case though
6/20/13 10:59 AM
Jaybrone
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anthonyshogun - 
omega 2013 -
anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
That's why no one will take your opinion seriously. Phone Post
First of all fedor is the consensus goat. So yeah , heaps of people would agree with my opinion. Secondly , who gives two fucks what you think Phone Post 3.0

Fedor WAS the consensus GOAT 4 or 5 years ago. No where near a consensus now and if it was polled now amongst MMA writers I think Anderson wins that poll.

6/20/13 11:03 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

Jaybrone -
anthonyshogun - 
omega 2013 -
anthonyshogun - Until he can dominate larger opponents like fedor did , he will always be number 2 IMO Phone Post 3.0
That's why no one will take your opinion seriously. Phone Post
First of all fedor is the consensus goat. So yeah , heaps of people would agree with my opinion. Secondly , who gives two fucks what you think Phone Post 3.0

Fedor WAS the consensus GOAT 4 or 5 years ago. No where near a consensus now and if it was polled now amongst MMA writers I think Anderson wins that poll.

Run the poll then. Lets see how it turns out Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 11:25 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

Best video ever made. And notice Rogans quote in the beginning. If a blue namer would do me the honor.

http://youtu.be/lVVrNOQtlzY Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 12:04 PM
Bofbro
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - Best video ever made. And notice Rogans quote in the beginning. If a blue namer would do me the honor.

Amazing vid. Fedor before he found god was an unbeatable killer. No fighter on the planet would of beat him in his prime...Silva would not of lasted a round imo.

Remember this is just an opinion.
6/20/13 12:19 PM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick

Bofbro -
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - Best video ever made. And notice Rogans quote in the beginning. If a blue namer would do me the honor.

Amazing vid. Fedor before he found god was an unbeatable killer. No fighter on the planet would of beat him in his prime...Silva would not of lasted a round imo.

Remember this is just an opinion.
Don't forget 10 min round as well. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 12:19 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 -
eljamaiquino - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

that was ONE frikin Fight he lost like that, Remember! and Hendo's been known to slip in those short ko punches, just ask Renzo and Bustamante.
Why don't you ask Anderson too? He slipped those punches before choking Hendo out. Phone Post
6/20/13 12:24 PM
disbeliever
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
omega 2013 - 
MrColdCock -
omega 2013 - 
Bofbro - Lets ask the Brazilian fans who they think the GOAT is.
Oh already been done, landslide for Fedor methinks.

Fedor has beat more UFC belt holders than anyone else, but he gets shit on because he's never fought in the UFC.

He gets shit on because he never fought anyone HOLDING the ufc belt. Phone Post

And Usain Bolt never won in the Special Olympics.

What's your point?
Point is fedor ducked the ufc. Fact. Phone Post

No it's not a fact, it's another uneducated post.

Dana White just recently said he was in direct talks with Fedor to fight Brock, until his father died. Do people who are ducking enter negotiations?
6/20/13 12:40 PM
disbeliever
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
omega 2013 - 
disbeliever - 
omega 2013 - 
MrColdCock -
omega 2013 - 
Bofbro - Lets ask the Brazilian fans who they think the GOAT is.
Oh already been done, landslide for Fedor methinks.

Fedor has beat more UFC belt holders than anyone else, but he gets shit on because he's never fought in the UFC.

He gets shit on because he never fought anyone HOLDING the ufc belt. Phone Post

And Usain Bolt never won in the Special Olympics.

What's your point?
Point is fedor ducked the ufc. Fact. Phone Post

No it's not a fact, it's another uneducated post.

Dana White just recently said he was in direct talks with Fedor to fight Brock, until his father died. Do people who are ducking enter negotiations?

actually it is a fact. we've seen this dance for the better part of 6 years. it's simply a smoke screen by fedor/his management to keep his name relevant. if you don't realize this by now, you're an uneduacated fedor fan.

Amazing how much hate you hold

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.