UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Why Silva is the greatest of all-time

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/22/13 2:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrColdCock
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emperor Nero - You know what is the real greatest of all time, a lot of chicks don't even give the header, and the ones who do, most of them are really bad at it, and even of the few who are good, most of them can't suck the balls. The best is when you get one who really knows how to work the balls. Yeah, that's the greatest. Also, I liked the video.
I wouldn't know.

Do you even UG? Phone Post
6/22/13 2:11 AM
MrColdCock
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Off topic, but if you look at the time Between Fedor's first fight in Pride until his loss to Werdum, over 8 years he went 22-0. Randy's HW record during this same time was 2-3.

The clamouring for this fight was during a very small window. I think more people were looking for a Wand vs Randy fight then a Fedor vs Randy fight. Phone Post
6/22/13 2:36 AM
sparkuri
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor is the GOAT.
Jones has a chance, but we're years away.
Andy kicks ass within a twenty pound range.
Fedor is a shorter, fatter guy that basically said "bring on the world", then bowed to it when he was done smashing it. Phone Post
6/22/13 6:58 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - I always thought that Randy was the toughest match up for Fedor that he never faced.

That's not to say he ducked Randy or that he wouldn't have won. This is a guy who destroyed Cro Cop standing and battered Nog on the ground. But it was a type match up that we didn't see. (Same reason I'm so interested to see Anderson against Weidman. It's not that he won't win. I'm just curious to see how/if he wins).

You're right about straight clinch. Fact is, He did grab the ropes against Lindland. In the straight clinch, Randy would have been superior. (Did anybody ever beat Randy in the straight clinch).

At the same time, his strike-->clinch/td transition game was so sick. It was so good you have to wonder whether TDD is even part of the equation. Honestly, Mino and Cro Cop never even had time to sprawl because they were just swept off their feet off the punches.

So you've got the guy who boxed up Chuck Liddel into takedowns against the guy who kickboxed up Mino and Cro Cop into takedowns. Would have been a great fight.

I've got Fedor. But I'm not sure how.

So when would have been a good time of that fight exactly IYO Wiggum? What year (BTFW - HAPPY B DAY RANDY!- someone is older than me LOL!)? In 2003 Randy was 40, Fedor was 26. Randy is like Hendo, crossovers, WTF knows when there prime was??

To me the best Fedor was 2004, his conditioning was still there at a top level (and speed), he would clearly improve in striking latter though.

When should they have fought? Not when Randy was getting clowned in Japan you said. The Randy that fought those wars with Rizzo and Or GNTFO by Josh? The Randy that GKTFO by the Iceman? The Randy who beat Tim was impressive as hell, but he was 45.

When should the fight have happened (to made it the most meaningful)?

6/22/13 7:00 AM
Lazer MMA

BTW Fedor huggers always blame Josh for that fight not happening X2.
6/22/13 8:15 AM
Entreri

Edited: 06/22/13 8:16 AM
Without any question, Silva is the better fighter than Fedor.

Silva is the current GOAT, Jones may replace him in the future.

Silva vs. Fedor, especially striking aggressive Fedor of later years, Silva by KO. Fedor lost to Henderson. This is like Silva losing to Aldo.

HW is also the weakest division. I do give huge props to Fedor, being a MW/LHW (if he cut weight) for wrecking the HW division. Jones will follow.

The current HW division it more stacked than when Fedor fought in Pride, given all the great HW's are in one organization now...that goes for any weight class.
6/22/13 8:57 AM
MrColdCock

"Silva vs. Fedor, especially striking aggressive Fedor of later years, Silva by KO. Fedor lost to Henderson. This is like Silva losing to Aldo. "

Or Anderson losing to Takase. Round and round we go... Phone Post
6/22/13 9:10 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - Without any question, Silva is the better fighter than Fedor.

Silva vs. Fedor, especially striking aggressive Fedor of later years, Silva by KO. Fedor lost to Henderson. This is like Silva losing to Aldo.

HW is also the weakest division. I do give huge props to Fedor, being a MW/LHW (if he cut weight) for wrecking the HW division. Jones will follow.

The current HW division it more stacked than when Fedor fought in Pride, given all the great HW's are in one organization now...that goes for any weight class.
Why does everyone when talking about Dan vs Fedor they treat Dan like some pussy middleweight who has no power? If Dan hits anyone clean they're out Nelson or Cabbage or whoever. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 9:18 AM
Entreri

MrColdCock -  "Silva vs. Fedor, especially striking aggressive Fedor of later years, Silva by KO. Fedor lost to Henderson. This is like Silva losing to Aldo. "

Or Anderson losing to Takase. Round and round we go... Phone Post

Same weight class. And if there was a rematch...

Henderson would beat Fedor in a rematch. Anderson handled Henderson easily.

Fedor is the HW GOAT. Silva is the current GOAT. The sport is too young to have a Jordan like GOAT.
6/22/13 9:19 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

sparkuri - Fedor is the GOAT.
Jones has a chance, but we're years away.
Andy kicks ass within a twenty pound range.
Fedor is a shorter, fatter guy that basically said "bring on the world", then bowed to it when he was done smashing it. Phone Post
Seems you're critical of Andy for fighting in the proper division for his body, where some of his opponents were heavier than him, yet you make no mention of Jones only fighting much smaller competition overall... Phone Post
6/22/13 12:54 PM
Lazer MMA

omega 2013 - 
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick -

Why does everyone when talking about Dan vs Fedor they treat Dan like some pussy middleweight who has no power? If Dan hits anyone clean they're out Nelson or Cabbage or whoever. Phone Post 3.0
He hit spider clean and it had no effect. Trust me. I was@the fight... Phone Post

I've been told this. Can you tell me the exact time of the fight it was landed or provide a GIF?

IMO AS is the greatest defensive striker ever (by light years) and

I have a standing challenge given to the forum to show a single GIF of him getting hit with a huge punch (no hand punches- the fighters weight must be behind the punch) in which the fighter delivering the punch did NOT have his arm fully extended when contact occured.

Iirc the one a poster refereed me to prior in that fight to review Hendo's arm was fully extend when contact occured.

6/22/13 1:45 PM
wiggum
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
wiggum - I always thought that Randy was the toughest match up for Fedor that he never faced.

That's not to say he ducked Randy or that he wouldn't have won. This is a guy who destroyed Cro Cop standing and battered Nog on the ground. But it was a type match up that we didn't see. (Same reason I'm so interested to see Anderson against Weidman. It's not that he won't win. I'm just curious to see how/if he wins).

You're right about straight clinch. Fact is, He did grab the ropes against Lindland. In the straight clinch, Randy would have been superior. (Did anybody ever beat Randy in the straight clinch).

At the same time, his strike-->clinch/td transition game was so sick. It was so good you have to wonder whether TDD is even part of the equation. Honestly, Mino and Cro Cop never even had time to sprawl because they were just swept off their feet off the punches.

So you've got the guy who boxed up Chuck Liddel into takedowns against the guy who kickboxed up Mino and Cro Cop into takedowns. Would have been a great fight.

I've got Fedor. But I'm not sure how.

So when would have been a good time of that fight exactly IYO Wiggum? What year (BTFW - HAPPY B DAY RANDY!- someone is older than me LOL!)? In 2003 Randy was 40, Fedor was 26. Randy is like Hendo, crossovers, WTF knows when there prime was??

To me the best Fedor was 2004, his conditioning was still there at a top level (and speed), he would clearly improve in striking latter though.

When should they have fought? Not when Randy was getting clowned in Japan you said. The Randy that fought those wars with Rizzo and Or GNTFO by Josh? The Randy that GKTFO by the Iceman? The Randy who beat Tim was impressive as hell, but he was 45.

When should the fight have happened (to made it the most meaningful)?

Best Randy ever was the Randy who beat Chuck the first time.

Best Randy to fight Fedor . . . probably the one who beat Tim.
6/22/13 1:54 PM
eXtv
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 

How can the blame rest on anyone's shoulders but Josh's?

He was offered the fight in 2006 and didn't take it due to him "not being ready", but still fought Noguiera on that very same card. And in 2009 he pissed hot when he was about to do the fight for Affliction's 3rd show.
6/22/13 2:14 PM
Wasa-B
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, Hendo clocks Andy when Andy started pouring it on and Dan was i think hurt but still dangerous as always. Moments before he goes down, Andy is fighting in the pocket and seems to eat the right hand.

Suprised you missed this, Hendo Thiaguy. I think Andy ate it on purpose though or had it measured to some degree. Whenever he starts doing his hand riddum thing or gets in the groove and attacks, it seems he sees everything and knows exactly where everything is Matrix style and i think this was a great example.
6/22/13 2:20 PM
Lazer MMA

TY Omega. I'll check it.

6/22/13 2:22 PM
Lazer MMA

CLINTK9 - 
Lazer MMA - 

yes, because he declined TWICE when offered in Pride. saying him and Fedor will have to sit down and talk it over being friends and all and its gonna have to be for big $$$ if it does happen. and then failed for roids the 3rd time. so uh, in your opinion, who's fault is it then? Fedor's?

NP I said this from a neutral position boss. As an FYI to the thread. I always forget the details.
6/22/13 2:50 PM
Lazer MMA

omega 2013 - 
Lazer MMA - 
omega 2013 - 
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick -

He hit spider clean and it had no effect. Trust me. I was@the fight... Phone Post

I've been told this. Can you tell me the exact time of the fight it was landed or provide a GIF?

IMO AS is the greatest defensive striker ever (by light years) and

I have a standing challenge given to the forum to show a single GIF of him getting hit with a huge punch (no hand punches- the fighters weight must be behind the punch) in which the fighter delivering the punch did NOT have his arm fully extended when contact occured.

Iirc the one a poster refereed me to prior in that fight to review Hendo's arm was fully extend when contact occured.

about 2:40 mark of round 2 and Rogan comments it's a "good right hand by Henderson" you could hear it cageside...

i just rewatched a bunch of times, the funny thing is that the sound was out of sync with footage in the tape I was watching LOL. It took me a while to figure out WTF you were even talking about (or Joe).

Anyway yea, Hendo broke a clinch with a knee before throwing that right. In point of fact BTW that knee was a pretty good one. Hendo did throw a right, his arm was fully extended AND it was a glancing blow to boot (in fact AS as always LOL even moved his head partially out of the way). Right after is when AS throws a left and clowns Hendo with 2 knees which really ended the fight (the rest was a matter of course).

TTT for the GIF (again). The challenge stands.

Anyway as far as the thread goes AS's overall striking defense must be taken into consideration (just as his striking must too of course). It a far stronger point over a lot of what the Zuffa trolls are bringing. It is what it is.

The gif requested above should help illustrate the point.

As will these:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj589/hartsook1/a7d558b3.gif

http://tkohub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/silva-griffin.gif
6/22/13 2:52 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

So Anderson is amazing at rolling with punches, so that somehow negates that Hendo connected with a super solid punch???

Your "challenge" is comical. The reason no one ever lands full flush on Anderson is BECAUSE of his defense. Phone Post
6/22/13 2:57 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/22/13 2:58 PM
Did I not say that (The reason no one ever lands full flush on Anderson is BECAUSE of his defense)? Because that was my fuckin point ("IMO AS is the greatest defensive striker ever (by light years).

As far as the rest show the punch (GIF), Hendo's arm fully extended the punch glancing (as AS moved his head away even partially).
6/22/13 3:00 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Every example that is given you find some comical reason to excuse or discount it. 'His arm was fully extended'...'he was off balance a little'...'it was a full moon' etc etc etc.

We get it. You don't think Anderson has ever been hit flush before....LOL. Phone Post
6/22/13 3:18 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/22/13 3:18 PM

TTT
6/22/13 3:20 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Every example that is given you find some comical reason to excuse or discount it. 'His arm was fully extended'...'he was off balance a little'...'it was a full moon' etc etc etc.

We get it. You don't think Anderson has ever been hit flush before....LOL. Phone Post

What comical here is I'm putting AS higher than you are here in this regard and yes we've argued about this prior.

Dude this is a forum, show the fuckin gif's that show

"AS getting hit with a huge punch (no hand punches- the fighters weight must be behind the punch) in which the fighter delivering the punch did NOT have his arm fully extended when contact occurred.

BTW yes AS is so good a lot of the time he can even move his head partially out of the way as well (often arching his back too) aiding in the lessening of the blow.
6/23/13 2:06 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 - 
omega 2013 - 
MrColdCock -  Fedor spent almost 10 years as the best fighter on the planet. Nobody in the world was better then him. Almost 10 years without losing. Almost 10 years without losing a round.

He also spent a good portion of that time as the number 1 pound for pound fighter... As a HW. People don't seem to understand how impressive that is. No other heavyweight MMA fighter, or boxer for that matter has been considered the best pound for pound fighter in their sport for at least the last 25 years. Maybe closer to 40. Fedor spent almost his entire career in that spot. That is greatness. Phone Post

doesn't matter when you don't fight the best competition available. only 1/2 the top level fighters were in pride as evidenced by performances in the ring/cage. he only faced 1/2 the top guys in pride. werdum,kharitonov,barnett,ricco never got a sniff. and before you say "they didn't earn a shot" consider zulu,tk,choi...

geez, another one of these tards.

Choi & Zulu were NYE freak show fights the japs loved. TK was a rematch that Fedor wanted just to clear that up.

werdum wasnt doin shit then but getting beat by
Nog & Kharitonov to get that shot. Ricco had ONE good win in pride then went back to ufc. he wasnt even a pride fighter at the time and was a ufc fighter since 2001. and had losses prior and after the Nog pride fight.

Kharitonov had a chance but lost to Nog in the tourney. wish they would have fought, but it doesnt tarnish Fedor's legacy because they didnt. just another guy Fedor would have beat back then.

I'm not even go to Barnett, your an asshat for even mentionng him. HE Blew his chance 3 TIMES!

when it was 2002-2006 all the best were in Pride excpt Alrloski, Sylvia, couture. Fedor beat two of them.

and I'm sorry, but Maia, Cote, Lutter, Lietes, Okami, Irvin, Nate, and Sonnen even is fighting the BEST? OK! Sonnen's one his best wins and most on here complained he was even getting a shot. and like fighting Weidman who has EXACTLY 2 DECENT, not Huge, but decent wins. LOL thats fighting the best?

Some of these posts are so bad that I think some of these wankers are being paid. Some of these posts sound a lot like "He didn't fight the best in the best org."

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.