UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Microsoft reverses online, used

6/19/13 4:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigJ6464
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ft has reportedly changed its policies regarding Xbox One’s internet requirement, used game restrictions and more. Contrary to the details announced earlier this month, anonymous sources now tell Giant Bomb that Xbox One will no longer require an internet connection or need to check in every 24 hours; instead, internet will only be required when initially setting up the console.
Xbox One will allegedly also no longer restrict used games, and will instead allow discs to be exchanged in the same way they are on Xbox 360 with no additional restrictions for trade-ins or lending games to friends. The system is also said to no longer be region locked and all downloaded games will function the same way whether your console is connected or not.
Microsoft's decision follows mass confusion following the announcement of Xbox One in May. At E3 last week, Sony announced similar policies for PlayStation 4, which will not require an internet connection or periodic authentication and does not restrict used games. Phone Post
6/19/13 4:40 PM
bigJ6464
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank god!!!!!! Phone Post
6/19/13 4:45 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That didn't take long. I'm curious to see how much damage has already been done though.
6/19/13 5:08 PM
bigJ6464

Hated to throw away my gamerscore.I bet some uper level stuff suit execs r gonna be lookin for a job real soon. Phone Post
6/19/13 5:36 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is great news. Would it be asking too much for a 399 version without a Kinect? Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 6:17 PM
mjbreese
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I expected them to cave in, though I didn't think it would happen until at least 3 months after launch. PSP Go is a good example of what happens when you try to dictate a delivery method the public is not currently willing to accept.
6/19/13 6:46 PM
Brenturban
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank God

Sony fan boys have just been murdering us as of late. Phone Post
6/19/13 6:54 PM
Brenturban

AbbeyRoadMe - This is great news. Would it be asking too much for a 399 version without a Kinect? Phone Post 3.0
That would be perfect, I have a kinect right now and have used it maybe 10 times. Would be nice to save a little money and not have to purchase it. Phone Post
6/19/13 9:16 PM
rookie29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool scoop by Giant Bomb, I love those guys. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 11:19 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the massive flop of windows 8 maybe they are finally LISTENING.
6/20/13 1:37 PM
Big Pun
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too little too late imo. I don't trust them not to reinstate the policy later on. I will be going with the PS4. Why would I trust them now that they showed their hand? I have a huge gamerscore and have been loyal to the xbox brand, but I am done. There is no trust left for me and that brand. How could they have been so ignorant? MBAs running a gaming company is laughable. Well it would be if it weren't so pathetically sad.
6/20/13 2:39 PM
JonnyW
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pun - Too little too late imo. I don't trust them not to reinstate the policy later on. I will be going with the PS4. Why would I trust them now that they showed their hand? I have a huge gamerscore and have been loyal to the xbox brand, but I am done. There is no trust left for me and that brand. How could they have been so ignorant? MBAs running a gaming company is laughable. Well it would be if it weren't so pathetically sad.

Yup, setting up for the old bait and switch. Change it for launch, then just go and reimplement it with a patch.
6/20/13 4:53 PM
Eisenberg
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The damage to their reputation has already been done anyway. Everyone sees them for scumbags, and now cowardly scumbags for backtracking on their crap. Plus, their is still the whole Kinect debacle going on.
6/20/13 7:41 PM
mjbreese

I have a feeling this incident regarding their reversal is going to be remembered for many years to come. This is basically a story if two systems that are pretty much identical, except one of which imposed drm and a manditory camera microphone that arguably infringed on peoples privacy. The pre order numbers dont lie, video game companies now much acknowledge that overreaching drm and privacy concerns can and will result in people taking their money elsewhere Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 8:04 PM
CNewton317

Ppl are stupid.."theres still the kinect" TURN IT OFF IF YOU DONT WANT IT ON ...if ur complaining about it having 2 b packaged with the system THEN GET A PS4 Phone Post
6/21/13 9:08 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's always on, it cannot be switched off dumbass.
6/21/13 1:37 PM
deepu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And just because they say that it doesn't have to be online all the time does not mean that they will not upload a shit load of private kinect video and sound when you do decide to go online.
6/21/13 3:31 PM
BadrMilk

People should still not buy it.

But who are we kidding, people would've bought it even if they hadn't reversed anything. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 9:26 PM
I miss long pants souwer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CNewton317 - Ppl are stupid.."theres still the kinect" TURN IT OFF IF YOU DONT WANT IT ON ...if ur complaining about it having 2 b packaged with the system THEN GET A PS4 Phone Post
Only thing is you can't unplug the damn thing, why is that? Phone Post
6/22/13 3:16 PM
Brenturban

I miss long pants souwer -
CNewton317 - Ppl are stupid.."theres still the kinect" TURN IT OFF IF YOU DONT WANT IT ON ...if ur complaining about it having 2 b packaged with the system THEN GET A PS4 Phone Post
Yeah, answer that one smart ass. Phone Post
6/23/13 8:55 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brenturban -
I miss long pants souwer -
Yeah, answer that one smart ass. Phone Post
Obviously it's so Microsoft can get in our homes and observe us in our most private of moments. Homeland security at it's finest. It's so transparent...

LOL

All bullshit aside, I have a feeling Microsoft will do away with the built in kinect and make it an accessory like before. I mean, they reneged on their most important restrictions, I doubt losing the Kinect would be such a tragedy to them. Phone Post
6/24/13 1:38 AM
WallaWalla
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idk why people get so upset over the kinect always on... These same people are posting from smartphones... You have a gps lock on you, Your email, phone calls, text, Internet logs and history, and even a front camera on them... You don't think they can access everything on your phone which is.... ALWAYS CONNECTED to the Internet?... Fucking idiots Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 5:10 AM
redeye2000

a camera is build in the smartphone you idiot. how could i remove it from the smartphone? oh wait it is not possible by destroying the device!

the kinect 2 comes with an extention cable. so it should be able to take it off the xbox one and i still can operate with a joypad.

that is why the kinect camera is a spycam if it will not be possible to remove it. there is simply no reason why this should not be possible!

really that fucking simple!

6/24/13 6:48 AM
I miss long pants souwer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get the laptop/smartphone argument. I don't keep my phone on the top of my tv with the camera towards my living room. And when I don't use my laptop, it's closed. Phone Post
6/24/13 10:12 AM
BigWilliam

I miss long pants souwer -  I don't get the laptop/smartphone argument. I don't keep my phone on the top of my tv with the camera towards my living room. And when I don't use my laptop, it's closed. Phone Post

There is nothing in the argument to get, it's a bullshit premise. 'You own a camera on another device, so you should be fine with one watching your every move.' That just doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.