UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Microsoft reverses online, used

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/24/13 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rookie29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We must also remember that most people requested cameras on their phones. There is a huge upside to having a quality point and shoot right on your smartphone.

The Kinect is retarded. While sales are huge for the original Kinect it suffered the same fate as the Wii. Everyone bought one then it collected dust.

Nobody wants a mandatory cam/mic that has very little upside. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 9:24 AM
WallaWalla
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam -
I miss long pants souwer -  I don't get the laptop/smartphone argument. I don't keep my phone on the top of my tv with the camera towards my living room. And when I don't use my laptop, it's closed. Phone Post

There is nothing in the argument to get, it's a bullshit premise. 'You own a camera on another device, so you should be fine with one watching your every move.' That just doesn't make a lot of sense does it?
No argument to get?

So kinect spies on your room...

A smartphone... Not only can it watch you while your using it.. Phone taps? Your email? Your text? Access to everything you've ever searched on it.. GPS lock on you. Whenever you have it on you...

I don't understand how people disregard this argument..

If your paranoid about kinect why aren't you with your smartphones? Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 9:27 AM
WallaWalla
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm worried about them always watching me, but not worried about my phone tapped, or them tracking my location 24/7" Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 9:37 AM
deepu
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WallaWalla, so you're ok with filming what happens in your living room and having that potentially uploaded without your consent?

Conversations in your household being uploaded without your consent?

I can't wait until a hacker gets a hold of all this and posts it on 4Chan.
6/25/13 9:39 AM
BigWilliam
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First thing, I don't have a smart phone. My phone has no camera at all. So that part of your statement is right out the window for me.

But on a larger scale your argument fails logically in that you are drawing a false equivalency. It's easy to set a phone down so the camera is blocked. And just because someone can break into your house doesn't mean you get rid of the front door.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.