UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What RULESET Do You Prefer????

6/21/13 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

valetudo
6/21/13 12:25 PM
Haulport

Edited: 06/21/13 12:26 PM

Is it hilarious or pathetic that the Unified Rules and unified w/o Elbows (Bellator tournament rules) have less than 5% support?

6/21/13 12:43 PM
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unified + grounded knees would be so awesome.

6/21/13 12:46 PM
caposa
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - Pride plus elbows.

I would have said NHB but I don't think Kongo deserves to be champ. Phone Post 3.0

THIS

6/21/13 1:31 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oontyex -
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Unified plus knees. Phone Post
I don't think stomps and soccer kicks are a good idea in a cage Phone Post

Have you watched ONE FC?

Yes and I like that promotion a lot. It doesn't change my opinion though. Phone Post

What evidence makes you feel that way? Past history? Studies?

I just feel like with the cage guys can get trapped and then stomped or soccer kicked with nowhere to go. Sort of like Mir vs Sims.

As far as the kicks to downed opponents themselves in like the Pride ring I didn't really feel like they were harder to defend than other strikes. Some of the stomps looked like they could be a little over the top dangerous but idk enough about it to really have an opinion. Phone Post

Yes, but none of this is actually evidence that any of this could lead to excessive damage. Any more so than slams or punches.

But but but but I saw a great break a watermelon with a 12 to 6 elbow !!

Agree with this guy, if you're going to assert facts like that the public doesn't like something or that something is more dangerous you have to back it up with numbers, otherwise just be honest with us and be honest with yourself that the position is just your personal preference and there is no authority / consensus behind it Phone Post 3.0
That's exactly what I said? Some of the stomps looked dangerous I don't know of any evidence that says they're any more dangerous than everything else so I'm not saying they should be illegal in a ring lol. Phone Post
6/21/13 1:41 PM
Pura Vida

Haulport - 
MrHughes1991 - I'd like basic pride rules but no stomps or soccer kicks. I just don't think you can sell mma to this generation with people curb stomping niggas in the UFC Phone Post 3.0

Preposterous. It is just Commission/Fertitta brainwashing. In the 90's America was DYING for No Holds Barred fighting (UFC 1) and it did 300k PPV buys when PPV was nothing.

As long as the the Promotions defended the necessity of the techniques people would be more than happy to enjoy the excitement. Hell, no one has a problem with bloodsoaked fighters with blood pouring out of their heads...

This isn't true. I have a party for almost every UFC and lots of neighbors (men and women) have left specifically because of the bloodshed.
6/21/13 1:54 PM
Pura Vida

Oontyex - 
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Haulport -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Unified plus knees. Phone Post
I don't think stomps and soccer kicks are a good idea in a cage Phone Post

Have you watched ONE FC?

Yes and I like that promotion a lot. It doesn't change my opinion though. Phone Post

What evidence makes you feel that way? Past history? Studies?

I just feel like with the cage guys can get trapped and then stomped or soccer kicked with nowhere to go. Sort of like Mir vs Sims.

As far as the kicks to downed opponents themselves in like the Pride ring I didn't really feel like they were harder to defend than other strikes. Some of the stomps looked like they could be a little over the top dangerous but idk enough about it to really have an opinion. Phone Post

Yes, but none of this is actually evidence that any of this could lead to excessive damage. Any more so than slams or punches.

But but but but I saw a great break a watermelon with a 12 to 6 elbow !!

Agree with this guy, if you're going to assert facts like that the public doesn't like something or that something is more dangerous you have to back it up with numbers, otherwise just be honest with us and be honest with yourself that the position is just your personal preference and there is no authority / consensus behind it Phone Post 3.0

He didn't assert any facts and its a forum, opinions are just fine. He specifically stated that it was just how he felt. He was honest, you're the one who is lying by pretending he said something he didn't. The entire point of the thread is for people to express their preference.

This is why KKM should STFU until spoken to.
6/21/13 2:13 PM
Haulport

Pura Vida - 
Haulport - 
MrHughes1991 - I'd like basic pride rules but no stomps or soccer kicks. I just don't think you can sell mma to this generation with people curb stomping niggas in the UFC Phone Post 3.0

Preposterous. It is just Commission/Fertitta brainwashing. In the 90's America was DYING for No Holds Barred fighting (UFC 1) and it did 300k PPV buys when PPV was nothing.

As long as the the Promotions defended the necessity of the techniques people would be more than happy to enjoy the excitement. Hell, no one has a problem with bloodsoaked fighters with blood pouring out of their heads...

This isn't true. I have a party for almost every UFC and lots of neighbors (men and women) have left specifically because of the bloodshed.

But that is part of the existing number of people watching consistently. It is already measured and no one is up in arms and it is not sinking the UFC. So it is true. Just because some people don't like the blood doesn't mean it has enough of an impact to matter.

The same would be true for soccer kicks and stomps. For every person who would leave 1 or more (imo) would sign up...

6/21/13 2:15 PM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride plus elbows Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 1:27 PM
Haulport

rockwell - Pride plus elbows Phone Post 3.0

Truly.

To be COMPLETELY honest though.....my ideal ruleset is PRIDE + ELBOWS + HEADBUTTS

: )

6/22/13 1:32 PM
Augustus Caesar
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson's New and Improved Butler - 

This.

Pride rules + elbows.

6/22/13 5:34 PM
Haulport

What sport besides MMA has less than 4.5% support for it's rules?

6/22/13 6:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -

I think almost every sport would have fans disliking certain major rules. Phone Post
6/22/13 8:30 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think today's rules. With up kicks from the guard. no elbows on the ground but you can use elbows standing. Two 8 minute rounds Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 8:38 PM
UGCTT_Messiah
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazil NHB. Headbutts, soccer kicks, nut grabs, man vs. woman, I don't give a FUCK
6/22/13 11:51 PM
Haulport

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Haulport -

I think almost every sport would have fans disliking certain major rules. Phone Post

There's a big difference between not likeing the DH and wanting a 10 min first round, headbutts soccer kicks and stomps and a completely different judging criteria......

6/23/13 12:49 PM
Haulport

uh oh!! Unified rules inched over 5%

I am stunned!!!!!!!!

6/23/13 1:06 PM
Haulport

So far 93% want something MORE than the Unified Rules and 77% want PRIDE Rules or Vale Tudo.

Here is what other polls looked like:

So after years and years and years of ZERO changes to the Unified Ruleset, the fans are consistent in that they want a broader ruleset......

6/23/13 1:25 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unified with knees to the head on the ground.
6/23/13 1:39 PM
IIAces

backfist_barnesy -

PRIDE RULES + ELBOWS NEVER DIE!!!!

This. On phone so can't vote Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 6:17 PM
Haulport

IIAces - 
backfist_barnesy -

PRIDE RULES + ELBOWS NEVER DIE!!!!

This. On phone so can't vote Phone Post 3.0

Well? You must have gotten in front of a real computer by now!

6/25/13 2:24 PM
Haulport

Gotta love this Babalu classic...

This is what happens with failed takedown attempts under REAL MMA rules..............

6/29/13 3:57 PM
Haulport

Damn these Android and iPhone apps that don't allow voting!!!!!!!!

6/29/13 5:31 PM
Doc T
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with Diaz and no grounded elbows. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 5:39 PM
Haulport

76.33% want NHB or some for of PRIDE Rules
16.57% want knees to the head added to the Unified Rules
7.1% are happy with the Unified Rules or something more restrictive like Bellator's tourney rules.

My guess is that with $80mm over three years and a PRIDE + ELBOWS (maybe even headbutts?) ruleset a promotion would be able to pull an average of 225k PPV buys for 6 events a year and net ~$34mm a year running at a 21% margin business.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.