UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dolce: Hardest fighter to work with is Rampage

6/20/13 5:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MushroomHead
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
6/20/13 8:30 PM
hedfunk
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nagaho -
aritwo - how is nutella a healthier alternative to candy bars?

It's not:

http://www.nutellausa.com/nutrition-facts.htm

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/cadbury/fruit-and-nut-milk-chocolate-bar.aspx

Nutella: sugar, palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin: an artificial flavor.

Cadbury Fruit and Nut Bar: MILK CHOCOLATE ( SUGAR; MILK; CHOCOLATE; COCOA BUTTER; LACTOSE; SOY LECITHIN; PGPR, EMULSIFIER; NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR) ; RAISINS; ALMONDS (ROASTED IN COCOA BUTTER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL); SUGAR

Nutella's parent company lost a class action lawsuit because they claimed it was healthy. https://nutellaclassactionsettlement.com/

As someone else said, it gave Dolce control, but he may as well have handed out pieces of the same candy.
Bear in mind that these events took place in England so the ingredients may be different. Different rules in American and the EU and whatnot. Phone Post
6/21/13 12:13 AM
TheBankster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nagaho -

It's not:

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/cadbury/fruit-and-nut-milk-chocolate-bar.aspx

Nutella: sugar, palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin: an artificial flavor.

Cadbury Fruit and Nut Bar: MILK CHOCOLATE ( SUGAR; MILK; CHOCOLATE; COCOA BUTTER; LACTOSE; SOY LECITHIN; PGPR, EMULSIFIER; NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR) ; RAISINS; ALMONDS (ROASTED IN COCOA BUTTER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL); SUGAR

Nutella's parent company lost a class action lawsuit because they claimed it was healthy. https://nutellaclassactionsettlement.com/

As someone else said, it gave Dolce control, but he may as well have handed out pieces of the same candy.
Dolce talks about this in his book, everything is an evolution you go from a snickers to Nutella to Justin almond butter. Whatever Page has to complain about is negated by him going 3-1 with Dolce and his loss was to a top level fighter after a long layoff. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 12:30 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Wovito - ^ confidentiality kind of like how what happens during training stays at the gym.
You do realize that Rampage originally brought this up, right? Phone Post
6/21/13 12:33 AM
dermotfix
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Rampage's defense, Cadbury's in England is fucking delicious. 

Not like the shit Hershy version of Cadbury's in the US.

6/21/13 1:31 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Wovito -
catbath - 

Haha.  I had a feeling that Rampage would get bitten for dissing Dolce. There was NO WAY that he wouldn't have had stories about him cheating on his cut.

All harmless fun and fair play, imo. I'm most horrified at Rampage's terrible taste in fucking candy.

I know if I paid someone to manage my weight, and he took the money . . . I would be pretty pissed off if he later revealed the details of my personal weight management.

Unprofessional, IMO.
Rampage is that you?

Man if not, you are dumb as fuck.

If a fighter who was a part of your program goes around disclosing his information to the general public I don't think it's private anymore. Especially if it is making your business look bad when in reality it's not the whole truth. I think you have every right to get the full story out there on what was really going down. If he tells his side you can tell yours.

If anything it was unprofessional on rampage with how he handled the diet.... Oh wait, what is he not unprofessional about. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 1:39 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

hedfunk -
Nagaho -

It's not:

Bear in mind that these events took place in England so the ingredients may be different. Different rules in American and the EU and whatnot. Phone Post
It's not just the ingredients but the nutrition facts especially the calories. He probably was eating half the calories with the Nutella. With weight loss it all comes down to calories in versus calories burned... Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 1:40 AM
oioisavvy
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was this the same camp as the one where dolce bought a kit kat at the petrol station while rampage and other fighters were in the car waiting?
The difference being he didn't eat any of it. Phone Post
6/21/13 1:41 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Hecklah - This whole article is an analogy of Rampage's entire career and type of person he is. A corner cutting, arrogant, self serving, shitty human being. He could have been a million times the fighter and person he is, but only was as good in these areas as he needed to be and not a bit more. I was a big rampage fan until I watched the video of him belittling the woman in Japan that couldn't understand him and he was asking why her teeth are so messed up. He's a bully and a follower. Phone Post 3.0
Do you have video I would like to see it? Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 1:48 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

No, you guys are all wrong. Rampage has every right in the world, to talk shit about, and publicly trash Dolce. Dolce better not fucking defend himself, though, or even give his side of the story. Phone Post
6/21/13 1:49 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - No, you guys are all wrong. Rampage has every right in the world, to talk shit about, and publicly trash Dolce. Dolce better not fucking defend himself, though, or even give his side of the story. Phone Post
Exactly who the fuck does dolce think he is? Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 2:09 AM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading this is even funnier with Rampage now talking about moving up to HW.
6/21/13 2:15 AM
K DEAN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic Page Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 2:58 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

MMA Lives Here -
Hecklah - This whole article is an analogy of Rampage's entire career and type of person he is. A corner cutting, arrogant, self serving, shitty human being. He could have been a million times the fighter and person he is, but only was as good in these areas as he needed to be and not a bit more. I was a big rampage fan until I watched the video of him belittling the woman in Japan that couldn't understand him and he was asking why her teeth are so messed up. He's a bully and a follower. Phone Post 3.0
Bahahahaha Phone Post
He is a bully, that's a fact. Just watch him coach Tuf vs Rashad. That video of him with the Asian lady too. I honestly don't have anything personal against him. Phone Post
6/21/13 3:02 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Emperor Nero - Since your question is poorly phrased I'll just respond to one point, yes, chocolate can absolutely be part of a normal healthy athletic diet.
When you're cutting 52 pounds in 7 weeks? Phone Post
6/21/13 3:17 AM
dubate
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Dolce's broscience works for some and doesn't for others. But Alves was a much more terrifying specimen prior to becoming "Dolce" Alves.

Yeah the problems Thiago has been having winning fights has everything to do with Mike Dolce helping him consistently make weight for the first time this career. It has nothing to do with the brain surgery he had 6 months earlier. Good call. Phone Post
6/21/13 6:43 AM
Bootsy Collins
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Dolce's broscience works for some and doesn't for others. But Alves was a much more terrifying specimen prior to becoming "Dolce" Alves.

You mean when he was 'Diuretics' Alves??
6/21/13 7:40 AM
CoreNobody
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SD CARTEL - Rampage is your typcial goon. Place the blame on everyone and everything else except for yourself. I know plenty like him and it's a reoccuring theme.
This Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 7:49 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emperor Nero - OK i just wasted a portion of my life reading the text in the OP there and it is extremely lame, this guy did snooping in the guys place like a chick, and chocolate is not unhealthy wtf?
If you are trying to make weight it is...

And the snooping is kind of his job isn't it.

If your not interested in the process of fighters making weight why would you even read AND then post about the subject? Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 7:50 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well no suprises there...

And Rampage dissing Nutella WTF.. A few more negative points for Mr Jackson. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 9:10 AM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

You mean when he was 'Diuretics' Alves??
Or pre-brain and knee surgery Alves? Phone Post
6/21/13 9:58 AM
In Limbo
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rampage has said multiple times how he absokutely HATES training for a fight
6/21/13 10:54 AM
ausgepicht

catgobling - the smear campaign continues

Agree. When word gets out about the Cadbury bars and Nutella, Rampage's reputation will be destroyed. He'll never find work again or be able to leave his house.

6/21/13 10:59 AM
Tilla

Unwariestpickle - Rampage is a spoiled brat.

The only good interview I ever saw him give was when he was walking through the streets in Japan with Helwani.

Otherwise he is completely intolerable.

Agreed.

The man is a lunatic.
6/21/13 11:05 AM
Paul_Blanka_Harris
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.