UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Baldur's Gate ported to Neverwinter engine...

6/20/13 10:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
None So Blind
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap, this dude and his friend spent 7 years porting the original Baldur's Gate to the NWN 2 engine, putting the whole BG game into a 3D setting. It's a mod you can download for NWN 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6m0ia8COo

Just when I think I've played BG for the last time (most recently on iPad), something else happens to drag me in for another run :-)

(alas that Minsc is not in the trailer, though almost all the other party members are, like Jaheira, Imoen, etc.)
6/20/13 3:00 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 or 2? Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 3:29 PM
None So Blind
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine 2 would take 10-11 years :-P

But given that this was kinda his ticket to the gaming industry (he got on board with some big company after this came out), I doubt he'd do the next one.

However, I can't help but think someone at MS or Sony or whatever has some ideas about updating old games like this.

Also, some other dudes are in the process of porting BG 2 into the Dragon Age Engine:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Baldur-Gate-2-Redux-Mod-Looks-Amazing-Dragon-Age-Origins-Engine-46887.html
6/20/13 3:33 PM

None So Blind - 1

I imagine 2 would take 10-11 years :-P

But given that this was kinda his ticket to the gaming industry (he got on board with some big company after this came out), I doubt he'd do the next one.

However, I can't help but think someone at MS or Sony or whatever has some ideas about updating old games like this.

Also, some other dudes are in the process of porting BG 2 into the Dragon Age Engine:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Baldur-Gate-2-Redux-Mod-Looks-Amazing-Dragon-Age-Origins-Engine-46887.html
Fuck yeah Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 4:08 PM
BaldTony
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats brilliant. Well done those guys
6/21/13 8:38 AM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck that DA one looks awesome. If it ever comes out it will make up for DA2 Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 9:16 AM

And DA 1? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.