nostripewhite
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy... Will he ever learn?

Just mind blowing. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 3:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Sounds like he got a head rush from standing up too fast, then passed out. A lot of the times, people shake and move when they pass out, I'm not sure it's a seizure. Phone Post
6/20/13 3:43 PM
stevekt
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Chris's egregious errors have been corrected.

The very first sentence of the article still says Volkmann was scheduled to fight Fitch. Phone Post
6/20/13 3:45 PM
stack321style
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't wake up while having a seizure and won't remember have it so I'm thinking it was not a seizure. Plus he'd have a postictal stage where you will be completely out of it. I worked in an ER and you could always tell someone faking a seizure by ask if they are having one. If they can respond and say yes, you got yourself a liar Phone Post
6/20/13 3:53 PM
Pat Giles
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Freeze him from being ugnews Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 4:10 PM
StratTone
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles - 
Kirik -

Freeze him from being ugnews Phone Post 3.0

I concur

6/20/13 4:18 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RattleCaT - Kneeblock vote up my epileptic brotha! Phone Post 3.0
X2 to Kneeblock.

The egos of some chiropractors is unbelievable. Yes, you are back and neck crackers which does have a positive effect, but u are not a GD doctor!!!!

I was going to a chiro near me who was working on my lower back. I got the flu and missed a week. When I came back, I said sorry had to miss a week. She stared at me like I was an idiot and said I should have came to her and she would have taken care of it. Needless to say, I switched chiros. She's the type with the whole skeleton in her office and shit. Phone Post
6/20/13 4:21 PM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSF1984 - People who have seizures don't remember the day much less having the seizure. People who have pseudo seizures tell everyone who will listen how they had a seizure. It's amazing how you people will believe anything someone says. Phone Post 3.0

Yup, I used to work at a clinic back in the day. 90% of the people that come in with migraines and back spasms really just have headaches and a sore back. The crazy thing is that all it really takes is one lazy doctor to take the patients word, then every doctor after will just go with it assuming they were properly diagnosed based on the past notes.
6/20/13 4:21 PM
Sublime7SD
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - Damn, that must have been scary. I've never had a seizure but its terrifying to think about not being in control of your body like that.

Can't believe that he manned up and still fought. Phone Post 3.0

It is fucking terrifying. It's hard to imagine for me, in fact. Have you ever slept in a weird position then awakened in the middle of the night with both of your arms asleep so deeply that you can't move them? That scares the shit out of me, so I can't even grasp how terrifying a seizure would be.

My grandfather had to give up his career in the opera because of his epilepsy. Very scary. I couldn't imagine driving or anything knowing that there's a chance my fucking body could rebel against me and lock up while I'm speeding along a winding mountain road.
6/20/13 4:33 PM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coming out and stating this publicly is another mistake to add to the laundry list of problems he's caused himself with his mouth. The NSAC is going to hear about this, he better be prepared for a mountain of red tape and roadblocks the next time he tries to get a license to fight in the state of Nevada.
6/20/13 4:37 PM
R00STER
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I black out every time I watch this dude fight or have to endure his inane rambling.

I hope he's ok though. Phone Post
6/20/13 4:40 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss Cheick Kongo's interviews after a win. Random statement. Phone Post
6/20/13 4:54 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at all the uneducated people on here, he never said he was an M.D. but he does have some good education and i am sure he knows a lot more than anyone on here and could make a decent self evaluation but he should consult the UG and ask all u experts on what he should do! Lmao
6/20/13 5:34 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unwariestpickle -
buvaiser - lol at chiropractor education being the same as medical school training.

chiropractor is a good nick name.

Your talking about 7-8 years of post secondary schooling with 6 of them under the same curriculum as a regular doctor.

So to say he has no medical knowledge? LOL

With that said... nobody should be examining themselves. Doctor, Chiropractor or anyone else.
That's only if the chiro school required a bachelor's. but most only require the 2 year prereqs before applying. There's no MCAT or equivalent before acceptance, there's no residency upon graduation, and the classes aren't actual medical courses but subluxion and other "theories" with no basis in evidence or reality. He was correct in saying his first two years are the same as a doctor's. My first two years were the same as a doctor's as well as everyone else who went to college. That's where the comparison to actual doctors end though. They aren't even close to 6 years into a medical doctorate. They are, like he said, 2. The same as every person who finished their sophomore year. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 5:41 PM
Col Angus
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great judgement. Presidential material.
6/20/13 5:43 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stack321style - You don't wake up while having a seizure and won't remember have it so I'm thinking it was not a seizure. Plus he'd have a postictal stage where you will be completely out of it. I worked in an ER and you could always tell someone faking a seizure by ask if they are having one. If they can respond and say yes, you got yourself a liar Phone Post
That is retarded. There are many different kids of seizures. Some don't even involve convulsing, but rather freezing up. Some involve only portions of the body and DO NOT cause a loss of mental consciousness. My mother had a hemmoratic stroke last November. As a result she now has seizures from time to time. When they are severe she loses consciousness and doesn't remember them. She also has minor ones that usually only affect the impaired side of her body. When she has these she knows she is having them and can respond to questions via nodding and so on. She has been thoroughly examined by a team of neurologists and they have been classified as seizures and are treated with Dilantin. STFU with your arrogant "I am a nurse bullshit." You are not a Dr.; much less a
Neurologist. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 6:04 PM
Authority Figure

A seizure victim cant do a self-assessment. Phone Post
6/20/13 6:07 PM
Kerouac

Pour some Neurontin on it...
6/20/13 7:23 PM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -  A seizure victim cant do a self-assessment. Phone Post

Well, after reading Volkmans comments over the years is it any surprise?
6/20/13 7:29 PM
BrCutter

Authority Figure - A seizure victim cant do a self-assessment. Phone Post
Correct. The idea is completely at minimum ignorant. Phone Post
6/20/13 7:30 PM
Oontyex

hmm a chiropractor's view on a medical topic,
better get a second opinion with my witch doctor and hypnotist to make sure.
6/20/13 8:26 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RattleCaT - Kneeblock vote up my epileptic brotha! Phone Post 3.0

I figured I couldn't be the only one. Hope all is well with your condition. I'm pretty lucky as it's mostly controlled, but did hurt myself pretty badly earlier this year.

6/20/13 8:30 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And to clear up some misinformation on this thread, not everyone who has a seizure goes out. I'm fully conscious during my seizures and always have been unless I've hit my head on something on the way down. There are various types of seizures and various types of epilepsy. 

While Volkmann's seizure could very well have been brought on by a combination of lack of nutrients/hydration combined with sleep deprivation/interruption, it could be symptomatic of epilepsy. Visit to neuro and EEG highly recommended.

6/20/13 9:18 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he just passed out. 

Why does he think it was a seizure?

Has it happened before?

He sure fought like there was nothing wrong with him.

Wonder what Fancy Pants has to say about this?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.