UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Volkman reports seizure, blackout before fight

6/20/13 10:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JSF1984
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -

And to clear up some misinformation on this thread, not everyone who has a seizure goes out. I'm fully conscious during my seizures and always have been unless I've hit my head on something on the way down. There are various types of seizures and various types of epilepsy. 

While Volkmann's seizure could very well have been brought on by a combination of lack of nutrients/hydration combined with sleep deprivation/interruption, it could be symptomatic of epilepsy. Visit to neuro and EEG highly recommended.

He described a grand mal seizure so stfu stupid. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 10:36 PM
Ryan Black
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with those of you and your loved ones who suffer from epilepsy.

I have a neurological condition triggered by a physical anxiety disorder that causes me to be susceptible to Gran Mal Seizures. The last one I had was exactly one year ago this Saturday, and it was the worst one I've ever had.

It was behind the wheel of my Dodge Ram SRT-10. According to the police report and withnesses, I convulsed, stiffened, and floored-it into a bus stop. I broke through the windshield with my face (like a boss), and was ejected 27 feet before a tree broke my fall- and my jaw in two places, my collarbone and my shoulder, and knocked out three teeth. I spent 62 hours in ICU living off machines before I came back to earth. I spent a month in the hospital and have undergone several orthopaedic, plastic, and dental surgeries in the past year, but am now as close to back to 100% as I'll ever be.

My life has changed dramatically since then. I Thank God every day that I'm here for my two daughters ages 5 & 6. I'm also grateful that I made it out of that horrible accident completely unscathed from the waist down, and am able to walk normally and reproduce just the same, heh. However, my face will never be the same. I have no feeling in the right side of my upper lip, and limited use of my right cheek muscle- as the laceration completely tore my right cheek off my face. I can't smile as wide as I used to, but I can say that one year later, I have more use of my cheek muscle than doctors predicted I would have. I can still make facial expressions and smile, and I am extremely grateful for that, and consider it to be a miracle.

That was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me, and the worst accident I've ever been through, and a yearlong recovery that I'm just now seeing the end of. I'm glad that- through extensive testing and thorough examination- neurologists and neuro-surgeons working with me were able to determine that it was not epilepsy, and could be treated properly with the right anxiety medication, heart medication, and lifestyle changes. I've done everything possible to live according to the very specific instructions I was given, and to never leave home without my medication, and to never forget to take it, of course.

Jacob Volkmann should not be messing around with seizures. If indeed he really did suffer one from lack of sleep and dehydration/lack of nutrients, the man should know better... he needs to seriously get himself checked out and make sure there is not an underlying issue to blame. If I don't get at least 4 solid hours of sleep, I have to cancel my plans for the following day, and not drive. I can't go an entire day without eating. These are "ticks" that put me in jeopardy of having a seizure. And sure enough, not knowing this a year ago- that was exactly what the cause of my accident was determined to be. I had so much going on that day and was in such a physical and mental state of stress that I had gotten no sleep the night before, went to work, came home, cleaned the house, then at around 11PM, finally realized I hadn't eaten all day and went out to get something to eat. I was on my way back home, less than 100 feet away from my front door when I totaled my collector's item of a truck. I miss it every day, but I am more grateful than anything that no one else was hurt or involved. That fuckin' supercharged beast of a vehicle could have plowed through somebody's living room, or flattened two Toyota Corollas and a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I have more to be grateful for and more to be positive about today than ever before. I'm here for my girls, on my way to a promising career, and my outlook on life is more positive than ever. I wake up every day trying to be a better person. With that being said, I hope Jacob Volkmann gets help, and I wish you all the best. Gob Bless The UG, and thank you for reading. Phone Post
6/20/13 10:37 PM
Jayreeee
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSF1984 - People who have seizures don't remember the day much less having the seizure. People who have pseudo seizures tell everyone who will listen how they had a seizure. It's amazing how you people will believe anything someone says. Phone Post 3.0
Bingo Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 10:44 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Black - My sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with those of you and your loved ones who suffer from epilepsy.

I have a neurological condition triggered by a physical anxiety disorder that causes me to be susceptible to Gran Mal Seizures. The last one I had was exactly one year ago this Saturday, and it was the worst one I've ever had.

It was behind the wheel of my Dodge Ram SRT-10. According to the police report and withnesses, I convulsed, stiffened, and floored-it into a bus stop. I broke through the windshield with my face (like a boss), and was ejected 27 feet before a tree broke my fall- and my jaw in two places, my collarbone and my shoulder, and knocked out three teeth. I spent 62 hours in ICU living off machines before I came back to earth. I spent a month in the hospital and have undergone several orthopaedic, plastic, and dental surgeries in the past year, but am now as close to back to 100% as I'll ever be.

My life has changed dramatically since then. I Thank God every day that I'm here for my two daughters ages 5 & 6. I'm also grateful that I made it out of that horrible accident completely unscathed from the waist down, and am able to walk normally and reproduce just the same, heh. However, my face will never be the same. I have no feeling in the right side of my upper lip, and limited use of my right cheek muscle- as the laceration completely tore my right cheek off my face. I can't smile as wide as I used to, but I can say that one year later, I have more use of my cheek muscle than doctors predicted I would have. I can still make facial expressions and smile, and I am extremely grateful for that, and consider it to be a miracle.

That was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me, and the worst accident I've ever been through, and a yearlong recovery that I'm just now seeing the end of. I'm glad that- through extensive testing and thorough examination- neurologists and neuro-surgeons working with me were able to determine that it was not epilepsy, and could be treated properly with the right anxiety medication, heart medication, and lifestyle changes. I've done everything possible to live according to the very specific instructions I was given, and to never leave home without my medication, and to never forget to take it, of course.

Jacob Volkmann should not be messing around with seizures. If indeed he really did suffer one from lack of sleep and dehydration/lack of nutrients, the man should know better... he needs to seriously get himself checked out and make sure there is not an underlying issue to blame. If I don't get at least 4 solid hours of sleep, I have to cancel my plans for the following day, and not drive. I can't go an entire day without eating. These are "ticks" that put me in jeopardy of having a seizure. And sure enough, not knowing this a year ago- that was exactly what the cause of my accident was determined to be. I had so much going on that day and was in such a physical and mental state of stress that I had gotten no sleep the night before, went to work, came home, cleaned the house, then at around 11PM, finally realized I hadn't eaten all day and went out to get something to eat. I was on my way back home, less than 100 feet away from my front door when I totaled my collector's item of a truck. I miss it every day, but I am more grateful than anything that no one else was hurt or involved. That fuckin' supercharged beast of a vehicle could have plowed through somebody's living room, or flattened two Toyota Corollas and a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I have more to be grateful for and more to be positive about today than ever before. I'm here for my girls, on my way to a promising career, and my outlook on life is more positive than ever. I wake up every day trying to be a better person. With that being said, I hope Jacob Volkmann gets help, and I wish you all the best. Gob Bless The UG, and thank you for reading. Phone Post
Yikes man, good luck. You are bulletproof. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 10:44 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's OK guys. Not only is he a chiropractor, but he was also staying at a Holiday Inn Express.
6/20/13 11:10 PM
DubsAli
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate to be "That guy" but the title makes it seem as though he had the seizure and reported it prior to the fight. I thought he literally had a seizure and told them about it before he fought. Got me haha
6/20/13 11:14 PM
Authority Figure

Chareth Cutestory - 
Oontyex - hmm a chiropractor's view on a medical topic,
better get a second opinion with my witch doctor and hypnotist to make sure.

I just got off the phone with my psychic. She talked with Volkmans' guardian angel and confirmed that he was correct.

Which is on the money because I ran into his guardian angel's best friend, The Lucky Leprechaun who said that it was perfectly okay.

6/20/13 11:22 PM
MedMan007
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to talk badly about chiropractors, nor Volkmann specifically, but this is at best misguided.
6/21/13 12:03 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MedMan007 - I don't want to talk badly about chiropractors, nor Volkmann specifically, but this is at best misguided.

This. 

6/21/13 3:33 AM
Oontyex

Authority Figure -
Chareth Cutestory - 
Oontyex - hmm a chiropractor's view on a medical topic,
better get a second opinion with my witch doctor and hypnotist to make sure.

I just got off the phone with my psychic. She talked with Volkmans' guardian angel and confirmed that he was correct.

Which is on the money because I ran into his guardian angel's best friend, The Lucky Leprechaun who said that it was perfectly okay.

My homeopath agrees, the less any treatment is applied the more effective it is, however by doing nothing about it he therefore has run the risk of an overdoes.
Hopefully this overdoes isn't too serious but just incase someone should put up a photo of him on facebook with '1 like = 1 pray' Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 4:43 AM
Enemies

Always knew he was an idiot. This just offers more proof.
6/21/13 5:02 AM
dannyapodaca
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont even know what to say about this Phone Post
6/21/13 5:19 AM
Kneeblock
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSF1984 -
Kneeblock -

And to clear up some misinformation on this thread, not everyone who has a seizure goes out. I'm fully conscious during my seizures and always have been unless I've hit my head on something on the way down. There are various types of seizures and various types of epilepsy. 

While Volkmann's seizure could very well have been brought on by a combination of lack of nutrients/hydration combined with sleep deprivation/interruption, it could be symptomatic of epilepsy. Visit to neuro and EEG highly recommended.

I have grand mal seizures so I'm not sure what's so stupid. Phone Post
6/21/13 5:25 AM
JSF1984

Kneeblock -
JSF1984 -
Kneeblock -

You have grand mal seizures and you're awake?!! You're the first reported case in history! Oh wait maybe you just have psychogenic non-epileptic seizures like 40% of suspected epileptics in the US. Congrats bro you can get off all your seizure meds and see a psychiatrist instead. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 8:36 AM
Ryan Black
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Grand Mal Seizures suck. I wake up afterwards anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours later, with the worst pounding headache you could imagine and an extremely sore tongue. So sore from biting it, that it's extremely difficult to lift to talk or eat for about 12, anywhere to 24 hours.

Tonight at 12:40AM it will have been one year since I had a seizure (*knock on fuckin' wood*). And that's a milestone considering I've had an average of 2 a year since 2010. I couldn't imagine being awake during one of them... the only positive I could take away from that would be the idea that I'm not hating myself or arguing with paramedics or someone that witnessed it about what actually happened. But I couldn't imagine being cognizant during that process, while biting the shit out of my tongue... not being able to do anything about it. Ugh. I'm sorry if that happens to anyone... Phone Post
6/21/13 9:33 AM
Ryan Black

And lol, thank you, 2jupes. I had a lot of thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers- from co-workers, family, friends, and people on here. I'm grateful for that every single day, as well. Phone Post
6/21/13 11:42 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

willienugget - 
Jetster - Lol at all the uneducated people on here, he never said he was an M.D. but he does have some good education and i am sure he knows a lot more than anyone on here and could make a decent self evaluation but he should consult the UG and ask all u experts on what he should do! Lmao

Yeah maybe he could self evaluate his leg or shoulder. You need your head clear in order to evaluate and his melon was compromised. That should be doctor 101 stuff.

all i am saying is he has education and is more knowledgable then most people, is it subjectable, yes but for every clown on here shooting him down and being bitter little haters is laughable.
6/21/13 2:51 PM
myjawhurts
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy is hilarious.

He stayed awake during a seizure and remembered it happening.....?! Wot?

Admitted having a seizure to the commission, his insurers, his bank manager.... Idiot.

And sorry to break it to you but you are banned from driving until further notice dipshit. That's the law. You had a "seizure".

All because you have a big mouth and lie like you believe it.
You didn't have a seizure, you fainted because of the weight cut or had a muscle spasm or a panic attack.

Chiropractors gonna chiro... Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 8:23 PM
Kneeblock
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSF1984 - 
Kneeblock -
JSF1984 -
Kneeblock -

You have grand mal seizures and you're awake?!! You're the first reported case in history! Oh wait maybe you just have psychogenic non-epileptic seizures like 40% of suspected epileptics in the US. Congrats bro you can get off all your seizure meds and see a psychiatrist instead. Phone Post 3.0

No, I'm not the first reported case in history. It's very much variable. I'm not sure why this is making you so emotional, but I've been epileptic for nearly all my life and am not trying to sound smart. I'm relating my experience.

I tore my ACL during one just a few months ago and was conscious for every second of the pain, discomfort and jerking of my body that followed. If you know a psychiatrist that can cure it, I'd love to meet them.

6/23/13 4:54 AM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know the answer to this because I'm genuinely curious. Is it possible to stay conscious during a grand mal seizure?
6/23/13 6:51 AM
myjawhurts
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - Anyone know the answer to this because I'm genuinely curious. Is it possible to stay conscious during a grand mal seizure?
Unlikely Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.