UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Rankings Update: 6.20.13

6/20/13 3:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After each live event, the UFC polls various members of the media to update its rankings in each weight division as well as the pound for pound rankings. With only a couple meaningful bouts at this past weekend's UFC 161, the heavyweight division and light  heavyweight divisions is where we saw the most movement:

Heavyweight Champion: Cain Velasquez

1 Junior dos Santos 

2 Daniel Cormier 

3 Fabricio Werdum 

4 Antonio Silva 

5 Alistair Overeem +1

6 Frank Mir +1

7 Roy Nelson  -2 

8 Stipe Miocic *NR

9 Travis Browne -1

10 Josh Barnett *NR

Lightheavyweight Champion: Jon Jones

1 Lyoto Machida 

2 Alexander Gustafsson 

3 Glover Teixeira +1

4 Rashad Evans +2

5 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 

6 Dan Henderson -3

7 Mauricio Rua 

8 Phil Davis 

9 Gegard Mousasi 

10 Ryan Bader 

The UFC 161 main event between Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson was a pivotal match-up in the light heavyweight division. With his win, Evans moved into fourth in the rankings and will likely find himself in a number one contenders bout to determine who will the winner of the Jon Jones versus Alexander Gustafson. With a loss, Dan Henderson moved ranked sixth and at his age could mean the end of his title inspirations.

The co-main event of UFC 161 also caused a shake up in the heavyweight rankings. Roy Nelson was ranked fifth and dropped two sports with his loss to Stipe Miocic who entered the heavyweight rankings with his win. Also now that he has signed with the UFC, Josh Barnett entered the rankings as tenth.

view complete rankings...

6/20/13 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/13 3:38 PM

Rashad over Noguiera and Roy over Stipe doesn't make sense

Edit: and Franke at #10 P4P is absolute BS, being 0-3 in his last 3 fights

6/20/13 4:07 PM
XxFIST2FACExX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foob -

Exactly Edgar is 0-3 and has no business in p4p rankings Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 4:18 PM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett breaks back into the top 10 without a top 10 win in 6 years?  Makes sense.

6/20/13 4:27 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nutty poll. Werdum has got to be over Cormier. Heavyweight has 4 upper tier guys and then a big drop off to 2-3 guys then another big drop off. Nothing to do with the poll on that one. This is why Cain and JDS might fight 5 times. Phone Post
6/20/13 4:49 PM
Mojo514
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no Mark Hunt? thats bullshit
6/20/13 4:51 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foob -

Frankie beats most guys at 155 and 145, also a former champion, so why wouldn't he be atleast #10 p4p? His skills translate well across 2 weight classes. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 5:28 PM
UGCTT_Pervert
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know, I know. Rankings are subjective and don't hold much/any weight..

But in my book, if you beat a guy less than a week ago, you deserve to be above him.

Show (the UG's own) Stipe some love.
6/20/13 5:33 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

No Hunto?!

Fuck you! Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 5:38 PM
hogh20

Roy Nelson over the guy who JUST beat his ass?
6/20/13 5:53 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus this is warped Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 6:37 PM
SupesUp
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ranking day is my second favorite day to watch the ug implode. Phone Post
6/20/13 6:47 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/13 6:47 PM
Hendo had aspirations of a title shot not inspirations. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 7:34 PM
Oontyex
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive never understood the edgar p4p argument. He has eeked out many close (often split/ arguable) decisions over opponents and his convincing wins involve fights where he is hard to touch but he pats his opponents more than he gets tagged.

Similarly, how is benson in the upper end above e.g. cruz and barao

crazy rankings are crazy
6/20/13 7:53 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Spelling Wizard -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Foob -

Frankie beats most guys at 155 and 145, also a former champion, so why wouldn't he be atleast #10 p4p? His skills translate well across 2 weight classes. Phone Post 3.0

at least*
I was going to vote you down for correcting me but then I realized you are The Spelling Wizard so you couldn't help yourself.

So voted up. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 8:06 PM
MoustacheRider69
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gawbage Phone Post
6/20/13 11:04 PM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foob -

Wtf is this? Stipe haped big country and he is still ranked lower? Gtfo here!

*** first thought when i saw this on the main page***

[[[OH MA GAWD, not this AGAIN]]] Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 11:06 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is HUNTO..............

FUCK YOU. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 11:18 PM
kevsh
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Stipe just kick Roy Nelson's ass?

That is why I say rankings are useless and mean nothing.

I think the rankings reflect the overall performance from the past several fights.

Considering Roy beat Congo, Mitrione and Herman in his previous three fights, while Miocic lost to Struve in his last fight after beating del Rosario and De Fries I'd say he still deserves a better ranking, barely.

One way to look at is if by some chance, say, Junior dos Santos (ranked #1 at HW) faced an unranked replacement fighter and lost, would that guy now be the #1 contender? Over guys like Werdum, Cormier as well?
6/20/13 11:31 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - No Hunto?!

Fuck you! Phone Post 3.0
This sums up my thoughts as well lol Phone Post
6/20/13 11:35 PM
kinson

hogh20 - Roy Nelson over the guy who JUST beat his ass?
Boom! Phone Post
6/21/13 1:20 AM
scaredy cat
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunto should be in Barnett's slot until Barnett beats Mir imo.
6/21/13 1:32 AM
Oontyex

kevsh -
Chaelismyhero - Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Stipe just kick Roy Nelson's ass?

That is why I say rankings are useless and mean nothing.

I think the rankings reflect the overall performance from the past several fights.

Considering Roy beat Congo, Mitrione and Herman in his previous three fights, while Miocic lost to Struve in his last fight after beating del Rosario and De Fries I'd say he still deserves a better ranking, barely.

One way to look at is if by some chance, say, Junior dos Santos (ranked #1 at HW) faced an unranked replacement fighter and lost, would that guy now be the #1 contender? Over guys like Werdum, Cormier as well?
If an unbanked guy fought for the title and won , would he not be deserving of the top spot? Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 2:47 AM
Jake Shields
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait.. so Condit, Kampman, and Lawler are all top 10?? This list seems kinda shady lol
6/21/13 3:30 AM
sgotwalks
1669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/13 3:30 AM
Jake Shields - Wait.. so Condit, Kampman, and Lawler are all top 10?? This list seems kinda shady lol

Feeding into the UG "shady"(isms) that have become a Jake Shiels trademark around here. Dude, congrats on the win, and I would love to see the Diaz boys rebound so 209 can get back the swagger they carried 12 to 18 months ago. Not worried about Gil, he should be Champion right now and most of us know it!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.