UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Fails to make top 100 cable programs

6/20/13 4:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The numbers arent out yet but Bellator 96 and fight master failed to make top 100 list in the 18-49 demo last night which has to be very dissapointing.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/20/wednesday-cable-ratings-futurama-royal-pains-win-night-necessary-roughness-daily-show-south-beach-tow-more/188185/

this means their 18-49 is at a 0.3 or less. With all that promotion for the debut event that is a flop... depending on how low their numbers are it could be a major or a minor flop.

Looks like the TNA lead in was a significant factor for bellator.

So far it doesnt look like Bellator can carry it's own night of programming (likely why spike gave tuesday nights to their shitty reality shows) and with bellator moving to friday nights it's gonna be disaster.
6/20/13 4:54 PM
UGCTT_Song2
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch Phone Post
6/20/13 4:56 PM
Chris27

You cant really say anything until full numbers are released.  If they end up doing 700k plus with no TNA lead in on a Wed night that has to bee seen as a success.

6/20/13 5:02 PM
MMALOGIC

even worse... tuf almost always pulls it's best ratings on the 1st episode and drops thereafter.

Which means the likelihood of fightmaster growing an audience throughout the season is low so if the numbers come in at 600k or 700k that show is dead on arrival.
6/20/13 5:14 PM
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam

The television series Fightmaster simply isn't compelling.

One can only watch so many concussions taken before they turn the channel.

The reality is that the average person does not want to see brain trauma showcased repeatedly.

6/20/13 5:15 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead in 2 months
6/20/13 5:15 PM
MMALOGIC

Chris27 - 

You cant really say anything until full numbers are released.  If they end up doing 700k plus with no TNA lead in on a Wed night that has to bee seen as a success.

if it comes out at 700k it's still not a success. At best it will be "ok" at worst it will be a disaster.

but you have to consider that they're gonna lose around 15% of the audience when they move to friday nights. so if you take 700k that's a 600k friday night audience.

This was bellators coming out party on the best weeknight for mma programming... it's easier to promote a live event when it's spread out.

Another factor for fightmaster is that more than 90% of the promotion has already been done. it's almost always downhill after the debut so you have to start with as big a pool as you can.

This cant be a success by any means.

6/20/13 5:16 PM
Neil McCauley

What is with the fagot OP and his bellator smear campaign?
6/20/13 5:22 PM
Damasta Shonuff
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of commercials they had was over the top. It was camera on guy waiting at tunnel to come out... commercial time. Ok back with guy walking to ring, commercial. fighters introduced, commercial. Even with DVR it was very annoying.
6/20/13 5:23 PM
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam

It's not really compelling watching guys risk blain bleeds to get a $100,000 check.

6/20/13 5:30 PM
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - Man i hate bellator.

If bellator were ever an actual threat, ufc would have gone after them already. Bellator is the single worst promotion in the history of mma. and I bought yamma.

fight master, i wouldn't even pirate that crap

bit of beltor hate in here but the last line is funny as f*ck.
6/20/13 5:34 PM
Dana Stern

If Bellator did anything original at all I'd give them some credit but they don't. The tournament stuck for awhile but that's slowly fading and everything else is just a carbon copy of Zuffa. Plus they're bad at it. Phone Post
6/20/13 5:34 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - Man i hate bellator.

If bellator were ever an actual threat, ufc would have gone after them already. Bellator is the single worst promotion in the history of mma. and I bought yamma.

fight master, i wouldn't even pirate that crap

lol at "and I bought yamma"

so did I sadly
6/20/13 5:35 PM
MMALOGIC

The live event and fightamster pulled 450k viewers... WOW. That is a major flop.
6/20/13 5:35 PM
HandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanted to watch this but i honestly didnt have a clue it was on

6/20/13 5:36 PM
Agnt

My cable provider dropped spiketv recently so.....
6/20/13 5:36 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't watch. I don't care for MMA reality shows. It's supposed to be a sport.

6/20/13 5:38 PM
TopChute
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched and enjoyed the fights.
6/20/13 5:39 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I take partial blame for the flop in ratings, I haven't really been posting/promoting Bellator for the summer series

My bad
6/20/13 5:41 PM
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - The live event and fightamster pulled 450k viewers... WOW. That is a major flop.

Where did you get the numbers. I was looking for them before but couldnt find them.
6/20/13 5:47 PM
RicGillespie

luctaro - 
MMALOGIC - The live event and fightamster pulled 450k viewers... WOW. That is a major flop.

Where did you get the numbers. I was looking for them before but couldnt find them.

I was looking earlier myself and couldn't find anything relevant. Best I can find now is:

We only receive the top 100 cable shows for adults 25-54 for the whole day from our primary source, if you don't see your show it was not in that top 100 list.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/20/wednesday-cable-ratings-futurama-royal-pains-win-night-necessary-roughness-daily-show-south-beach-tow-more/188185/
6/20/13 6:00 PM
luctaro

MMfan2013 - Going up against the NHL finals with two major market teams doesn't help.

But MMALOGIC is excruciatingly wrong in his assessment. Fight Master will not certainly be cancelled and Bellator isn't going away.

You can't hit home runs every at bat.

Bellator is not going anywhere. It'll keep growing steadily.

They did sell out the 2,000 seat venue yesterday and turned away 500 people at the door. Not bad for a Wednesday night (5:00 pm event start time) in a small town in Oklahoma.

Fight Master will have the first season shown. That show is pretaped too right?. If so it will be shown.
But if ratings keep so low, perhaps a 2nd season wont be commissioned. Who knows. Reality shows are cheap to produce so maybe at worst they lower the budget and move it to another time frame.

Yes Bellator keeps growing.

2000 tickets should cover King Mo salary. Does it even cover the entire fight card? Dont know how much are this people getting paid to be honest, perhaps its enough.

thanks RicGillespie. Yes I visited that web hoping to fin ratings there but didnt. Then i read the top 100 disclaimer and tohught 'uhh not looking good'
6/20/13 6:08 PM
cuzzi
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like bellator Its nice to have more fights on tv other than ufc I'm a fight fan not a ufc fan. Phone Post
6/20/13 6:18 PM
luctaro

cuzzi -  I like bellator Its nice to have more fights on tv other than ufc I'm a fight fan not a ufc fan. Phone Post

Everyone here its a fight fan. SURPRISE!!! Bet ya didnt knew that one did ya....

Even dfwjr watches his MMA from time to time outide his own source.

You can be an MMA fan and still dislike a promotion. See: every UFC hater on this board.
6/20/13 6:24 PM
MMALOGIC

MMfan2013 - Going up against the NHL finals with two major market teams doesn't help.

But MMALOGIC is excruciatingly wrong in his assessment. Fight Master will not certainly be cancelled and Bellator isn't going away.

You can't hit home runs every at bat.

Bellator is not going anywhere. It'll keep growing steadily.

They did sell out the 2,000 seat venue yesterday and turned away 500 people at the door. Not bad for a Wednesday night (5:00 pm event start time) in a small town in Oklahoma.

430k viewers... you think that's not gonna get cancelled? you crazy.

they only ordered 11 episodes. i doubt it even stays on primetime for all those episodes. There damn well wont be a second one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.