UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers.

6/23/13 8:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IronArmy87
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to watch Strikeforce and WEC but just can't get into Bellator. I don't really love the tournament idea and can't picture them as real competition for UFC.

They're comparable to TNA Wrestling because they'll do we'll enough to survive (bring owned by Viacom helps) but will never be a top dog. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 8:49 PM
FingerorMoon
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is 450K bad for a largely unknown promotion ?

I thought they'd be pretty happy with that.

What numbers should they have been doing?
6/23/13 8:55 PM
MostLegit
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon -
Is 450K bad for a largely unknown promotion ?

I thought they'd be pretty happy with that.

What numbers should they have been doing?
One ....... MILLION viewers.

drevil.gif Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:06 PM
McCorkledbyMartialArtsMixed
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jone2tone - 
Lynchman -
TeamRenzo4Life - Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a fighter would do: He got REAL representation who told him straight up how bad the UFC contract he signed was.
Cindy O and MMALOGIC can spin it any way they want, but UFC contracts are fucking horrible. Randy held out and got the respect he deserved and now he's a pariah.
Big surprise.

Interestingly enough, Bellator contracts are based on the UFC model and feature most of the same clauses.
By based on, don't you mean photocopied? Phone Post 3.0

Lol, are referring to when bjorn asked ken pavia explicitly in an email for a UFC contract to copy and ken agreed and provided it?(allegedly) ;)

I seem to remember some sort of fallout after that came to light. Wasn't someone blacklisted from new zuffa signings for life? Hmm who was that...
6/23/13 9:10 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator only having 2 events for the summer series instead of the usual 3.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/bellator-summer-series-features-two-events-instead-of-typical-three

Looks like spike doesnt even buy their own NHL excuse.

6/23/13 9:57 PM
FixedPartialArts

MMALOGIC - 

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/bellator-summer-series-features-two-events-instead-of-typical-three

You're a piece of work.

Unfortunately 2 SS shows was their plan before the event did poor in the ratings. If you listen to the MMA Report with Jason Floyd, it was reported there. And why do you think they announced DURING THE EVENT that the BW tourney would start at the beginning of the fall season?

The reality is, with the 4-man LHW and HW tourneys concluding the next SS event, plus their dependence on the seasonal concept, there wasn't much to show on a 3rd event as a result. This was the first time they've had only 2 SS events, which coincides with the first time they had 4-man tourneys.

It reflects poorly on Bellator for a different reason, that being they aren't accommodating their roster, especially their BW's, but it has nothing to with putting stock in this rating. You may not want to hear that, because it doesn't fit the agenda, but that's the truth if you pay attention to the situation you purport to be informed about, yet aren't as usual.

I'm glad in this thread you're finally getting widely exposed as the shameless whore you are, ZUFFAlogic.

6/23/13 10:12 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/23/13 10:12 PM

^ if that's true, cool...    we'll talk next week when bellator blames a rerun of the kardashians on the shitty ratings :)

6/23/13 10:23 PM
Haulport

D241 - 
CindyO - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.

STFU you stupid, ignorant jackass. This is not some show they picked up and would cancel after 2 episodes.

They BOUGHT Bellator for 10's of millions and are going to do everything they can to make it successful. This might make them put MORE money into advertising.

This forum is boring and sickening because of fucktards like you. You are like a gaggle of jerk-offs who show up at a college party, start lighting your farts and then all the girls leave.............

HP, you need to get laid. That is all.

Cindy

He needs to stop attending fart igniting college parties imo

But if I stop attending college parties how will I meet women half my age (I am a youthful looking 40)?

6/24/13 9:28 AM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

You forgot to call them "Bellashit."  

6/24/13 5:02 PM
Keithadamberrydotcom
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild -
Keithadamberrydotcom -

Here is my fight.  Thanks for the support UG !

VTFU Phone Post 3.0
Thanks brother! Phone Post
6/24/13 5:50 PM
steveAKAslick
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the_sandman - Great KO by King Mo.

Still don't understand the Fightmaster format - but I missed the first 10 minutes of the show. I don't understand how Shamrock is going to get a full team? Do the last fighters up just get stuck with him?
Great KO, but made no sense at all during his interview when he was trying to explain how he got knocked out by a running away sissy spinning backfist...that sissy backfist sure did drop his ass Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 5:59 PM
MMALOGIC

epwar - 
MMALOGIC - 

You forgot to call them "Bellashit."  

unified rules... no soccer kicks.

6/24/13 6:36 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMMALOGIC said Bellator was dead like 2 years ago, now he gives them another 2 years or 3, he just keeps adding on, maybe one day he will be right and can say "See! I told you!", what a prophet!
6/24/13 6:42 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/24/13 6:45 PM

^ what do you think fightmaster pulls this wednesday Rob?  the Bellator street team cant afford to rest at this time...

6/24/13 7:03 PM
lookoutawhale
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
lookoutawhale -
CanadianGSPFan - 
lookoutawhale -
Stannis Baratheon - We all need to stop worrying about who's working for who and worry about winning me the kings throne of westeros.

That's all that should matter to all of you. Phone Post 3.0

break up with your red headed girlfriend. shes no good for anyone. the woman is a witch!

A WITCH!

Robert's bastard (the welder boy) has a stronger claim to the throne than you do, Stannis.

Give it up, dude. You tried to invade King's Landing and you failed. Besides that, you're boring, you have a shitty, dull personality, and you lock your daughter and wife in a fucking dungeon.

You're no king. Phone Post

You tell em GSPFan!  Stannis is the brother of a man who injured himself from a boar! what kind of man is this? How can the Baratheons rule the 7 kingdoms when they cannot outwit a simple 4 hooved mud pig!

Dude, he died from a boar because he was poisoned. Robert was set-up yo. Phone Post 3.0

oh but that hog wasnt just a regular pig my fine feathered friend. That boar was the secret bastard son of Rob Stark and Jamie Lanister.

http://i.imgur.com/IdvxBnp.gif

6/24/13 10:56 PM
MMARAIDER

Bellator > UFC for me right now Phone Post
6/24/13 11:10 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

^ what do you think fightmaster pulls this wednesday Rob?  the Bellator street team cant afford to rest at this time...

Probably around the same, isn't game seven on?

6/24/13 11:14 PM
Chris27

liquidrob - 
MMALOGIC - 

Probably around the same, isn't game seven on?

No the Hawks scored twice in the last 20 seconds or some shit to win the cup so no game 7 on Wed.

As for the ratings Bellator ratings are always crazy, they could pull 900k next week, you never know.

How much of the first week was NFL and a new night?  Now that its been on and people know it was on and on Wed night more people could watch.  Or  NFL, the new night could have meant nothing and people just dont care about this show and it does 450k viewers again. 

I would think it goes up a bit, maybe 600k but we've seen with TUF the first episode is usually the big one and then its downhill from there but this show did terrible out of the gate so you figure it has nowhere to go but up.

6/25/13 8:31 AM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - Dana White wishes his pro wrestling golden goose never got diverticulitis. Phone Post 3.0

So do I.

Say what you will about Lesnar, but the dude was an entertaining fighter and had a historic start to his career.
6/25/13 8:59 AM
(Mike Oxslong)
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If true that's sad , I mean Nick Diaz's WAR mma did like 80,000 views ... Who knows how many total views it got , when I watched WAR IT WAS AT LIKE 80,000 ... And that's his first show ... Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 3:46 PM
lookoutawhale
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
lookoutawhale -
duckhuntgangsta - 
lookoutawhale -
CanadianGSPFan - 
lookoutawhale -
Stannis Baratheon - We all need to stop worrying about who's working for who and worry about winning me the kings throne of westeros.

That's all that should matter to all of you. Phone Post 3.0

break up with your red headed girlfriend. shes no good for anyone. the woman is a witch!

A WITCH!

Robert's bastard (the welder boy) has a stronger claim to the throne than you do, Stannis.

Give it up, dude. You tried to invade King's Landing and you failed. Besides that, you're boring, you have a shitty, dull personality, and you lock your daughter and wife in a fucking dungeon.

You're no king. Phone Post

You tell em GSPFan!  Stannis is the brother of a man who injured himself from a boar! what kind of man is this? How can the Baratheons rule the 7 kingdoms when they cannot outwit a simple 4 hooved mud pig!

Dude, he died from a boar because he was poisoned. Robert was set-up yo. Phone Post 3.0

oh but that hog wasnt just a regular pig my fine feathered friend. That boar was the secret bastard son of Rob Stark and Jamie Lanister.

http://i.imgur.com/IdvxBnp.gif

I'm bumping the LOAW appreciation thread you bastard (of Hodor and the Jester who was written out of the show) Phone Post 3.0

a hat tip to you my good man.
6/26/13 3:48 PM
BigEyedFish
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow I cant believe no one wants to watch Joe Warren coach a fight team

/sarcasm
6/26/13 4:15 PM
Nexuscrawlers
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish - Wow I cant believe no one wants to watch Joe Warren coach a fight team

/sarcasm

he trains olympic wrestlers, and he has the most personality of all the coaches. I am not really a fan of Joe Warren, but he is a legit coach, and i think he was good on the show.

6/26/13 8:09 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Glovegate - 
CindyO - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a fighter would do: He got REAL representation who told him straight up how bad the UFC contract he signed was.
Cindy O and MMALOGIC can spin it any way they want, but UFC contracts are fucking horrible. Randy held out and got the respect he deserved and now he's a pariah.
Big surprise.

LOL! No son, Randy has had Sammy Spira in his corner and advising him on his career for years (inc. UFC contracts). You may have seen in in the late '80's flick "The Little Dragons" as Sammy was the little dragon. Sammy begged the UFC for work too... for years, and they weren't interested in working with him either.

Soooo, you were saying...???

As far as any contract, I really don't give a shit what they say once a fighter signs one, and I don't care which promotion it is so how can that be spun, dumbass?

Cindy

Your opinion carries no weight here, shill.

Cindy

Not sure where you're going with this, Cindy. If I sounded rude in my initial post I apologize, I remember when Randy had the dispute it was during the filming of "Scorpion King" and it was Couture's first movie. Dana said something like "See Randy's out in Hollywood filming a movie and some Hollywood guy who knows jack-shit about the industry is telling him he should get more money."
So I assumed by that statement that when Randy got into acting he had new, more professional people around him to handle his new business.
I think it's horrible that the UFC controls fighters likenesses forever after they sign with them. Look what happened during the THQ video game deal? Dana wanted the entire UFC roster on the game and when Jon Fitch refused, he fucking fired him.
That's fucked.
So I say the UFC screwed Randy just as hard as Randy screwed them.
6/28/13 4:21 PM
CindyO

Edited: 06/28/13 4:25 PM
TeamRenzo4Life - 
Glovegate - 
CindyO - 
Big surprise.

LOL! No son, Randy has had Sammy Spira in his corner and advising him on his career for years (inc. UFC contracts). You may have seen in in the late '80's flick "The Little Dragons" as Sammy was the little dragon. Sammy begged the UFC for work too... for years, and they weren't interested in working with him either.

Soooo, you were saying...???

As far as any contract, I really don't give a shit what they say once a fighter signs one, and I don't care which promotion it is so how can that be spun, dumbass?

Cindy

Your opinion carries no weight here, shill.

Cindy

Not sure where you're going with this, Cindy. If I sounded rude in my initial post I apologize, I remember when Randy had the dispute it was during the filming of "Scorpion King" and it was Couture's first movie. Dana said something like "See Randy's out in Hollywood filming a movie and some Hollywood guy who knows jack-shit about the industry is telling him he should get more money."
So I assumed by that statement that when Randy got into acting he had new, more professional people around him to handle his new business.
I think it's horrible that the UFC controls fighters likenesses forever after they sign with them. Look what happened during the THQ video game deal? Dana wanted the entire UFC roster on the game and when Jon Fitch refused, he fucking fired him.
That's fucked.
So I say the UFC screwed Randy just as hard as Randy screwed them.

Then I apologize for insulting you:)

Scorpion King was Randy's 7th or 8th movie not his first.

The guy DW was referring to with his comment was a movie agent.. yeah, a movie agent was trying to chime in on Randy's fight contract, hence DW's comments. Why Randy would have ever tet that idiots opinion (on his fight contract)  see the light of day is beyond me because it made him look stupid. Should Gina's agent chime in on her fight contract should she ever return to the sport? No, her fight related professionals will handle that just as Randy's fight related reps do. That guy wasn't one.

Can you describe for me what you think the UFC does regarding your "UFC controls fighters likenesses forever after they sign with them" comment? Give me some scenarios Zuffa has done (or might) to control a fighters likeness forever? I want to make sure we're on the same page so maybe you can give me some examples, especially negative ones.

When Tito released his book initially he used the UFCs IP on the cover w/o permission so they made him change it. They were able to do this because they own the association between the fighter and their company. You can't leave the company and try to benefit by usng their IPs in your future endeavors (book cover). If these guys go out later and kill someone, rip off a charity, or turn into a phedophile, they won't be pimping their future based off of trying to sell an association between themselves and Zuffa (like selling a book where the cover is you as the UFC champion wearing their UFC belt when you aren't their champion). You may have heard about this one in the media. If they wanted to control his likeness and image in a negative way they would never allow him to represent himself as the Huntington Beach Badboy. When have they ever done something like that or anything even remotely similar to hurt a fighter?

The shit with Fitch was merely the straw that broke the camels back. They were sick of dealing with Zinkin Entertainment, AKA, and Crazy Bob Cook- Fitch's representation. The video company wanted exclusive use of the athletes in the game so they could resurrect them as they wanted to so game players could be them if they wanted to. Shit like that, in MMMMMOST cases, aren't money-makers. They're options. They may never be played so LOL@ Fitch or most of the roster, TBH, getting paid for that. Who benefits in these cases? The players and the gaming company, not Zuffa. Its a wash. They don't get paid based on which character a player at home decides to be that day.

Most of these guys should be begging to have their images used for free on such games because its great exposure they cannot buy. Does Fitch changing his mind and signing mean he can never be in another MMA video game? Nope. It means the gaming company can keep him as an option if they want to on their game so folks can be him should they ever decide they wanna be Jon Fitch, of all fighters, in a video game. Was there something else you think happened or could happen that makes Fitch or fighters like him "fucked" in video game deals with the UFC? Thanks TeamRenzo.

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.