UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers.

6/21/13 5:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - 
lookoutawhale -

This dude has to work for Zuffa or something..

How does this account not get banned? Mods? Phone Post 3.0

I dont know but he also came into some thread claiming a fight was going to happen (i cant remember which) and kirik said he would give him the boot if it wasnt true, but kirik never followed through after it never came to fruition.
6/21/13 6:12 PM
12SixElbow
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/13 6:12 PM
FixedPartialArts - I don't really buy the NHL competition excuse. Maybe they do. They were scared of NFL Network games on Thursday which is why they decided to move. I don't think that should be a factor either. A lot of people don't have NFL Net, and most sports fans who do aren't going to care about a general regular season game where they don't have a rooting interest. Similarly, most sports fans aren't going to care about a hockey game where they don't have a rooting interest, period. Regardless if it's a finals' match. Bellator is always going to have to deal with competition at about this level in other sports. It only should influence their decision making if the competition is coming from the UFC where there would be a ton of overlap w/ prospective viewers. The only time you're going to get that with other sports is one-offs like Super Bowl, NCAA Tourney, Game 7 of the NBA Finals, the World Cup, etc. They'll adversely effect you on an individual night, but they'll come and go.

What's most important for Bellator is that they pick a night and time slot that's most conducive to viewership in general, and they stick with it. Thursdays was the perfect night for them right now, IMO. It's a great night for TV, which is why networks choose to put so many quality programs on then, but none individually are going adversely effect their ratings much. The only issues were the time slot and lack of flexibility being on the same night as TNA gave them. It would be ideal if they were on Thursdays by themselves, and could be on earlier as a result, and maybe put the prelims of quality on a lesser network within the Viacom family. But staying on Thursdays late night at least would have provided them continuity. People were conditioned to check for Bellator on Thursdays at that time. Leading up to this event they lost conditioning by changing nights, times, and having such a huge gap between events. You see a bunch of people in this thread acknowledging the reason they didn't watch is they didn't know what night and/or time Bellator were on this week, if they even were aware it was on at all. Speaking for myself, I follow Bellator as much as anybody, yet I kept having to remind myself it wasn't on the 4th day of the work week, and I thought the TV portion started at 7 EST only to discover it was 8 while I was watching the prelims. They changed nights, and twice switched times, for this event alone. Therein lies the primary reason for the ratings' drop. It's not like this one night's ratings indicate people have lost interest in Bellator for good. Their previous event drew in the 900 thousands, which was one of their biggest ratings. They need to have the regular events again, and get in the groove on a favorable night and time for them. Fridays are not it. Maybe this rating is a blessing in disguise because they'll change their mind now. It's better to have this one-night ratings' disaster now than during a season where they have 12 events committed. They could decide that while it not may not be ideal for TNA's ratings, it's best for the station's ratings if Bellator is back on Thursdays with them. Incidentally, TNA's ratings weren't alarming until Bellator's season ended.

Similarly, most sports fans aren't going to care about a hockey game where they don't have a rooting interest, period. Regardless if it's a finals' match.

Your logic is that people aren't going to watch an NFL or Hockey game if they don't have a vested interest?

Then please explain why NHL games typically do 1,2 - 1.5 ratings, and do over 5 in the Stanley Cup?

Or why NFL games do a few million viewers and the superbowl is the most watched event in America?

The answer? You're an idiot, or you didn't think your arguement through.

People watch finals. people watch when it really means something, etc... PROOF is in the ratings, a lot more fucking people watch the finals / superbowl  (etc...) than regular games, "rooting" interest or not. If your logic were true than only fans of the two teams in the finals would watch.

6/21/13 6:18 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
FixedPartialArts - I don't really buy the NHL competition excuse. Maybe they do. They were scared of NFL Network games on Thursday which is why they decided to move. I don't think that should be a factor either. A lot of people don't have NFL Net, and most sports fans who do aren't going to care about a general regular season game where they don't have a rooting interest. Similarly, most sports fans aren't going to care about a hockey game where they don't have a rooting interest, period. Regardless if it's a finals' match. Bellator is always going to have to deal with competition at about this level in other sports. It only should influence their decision making if the competition is coming from the UFC where there would be a ton of overlap w/ prospective viewers. The only time you're going to get that with other sports is one-offs like Super Bowl, NCAA Tourney, Game 7 of the NBA Finals, the World Cup, etc. They'll adversely effect you on an individual night, but they'll come and go.

What's most important for Bellator is that they pick a night and time slot that's most conducive to viewership in general, and they stick with it. Thursdays was the perfect night for them right now, IMO. It's a great night for TV, which is why networks choose to put so many quality programs on then, but none individually are going adversely effect their ratings much. The only issues were the time slot and lack of flexibility being on the same night as TNA gave them. It would be ideal if they were on Thursdays by themselves, and could be on earlier as a result, and maybe put the prelims of quality on a lesser network within the Viacom family. But staying on Thursdays late night at least would have provided them continuity. People were conditioned to check for Bellator on Thursdays at that time. Leading up to this event they lost conditioning by changing nights, times, and having such a huge gap between events. You see a bunch of people in this thread acknowledging the reason they didn't watch is they didn't know what night and/or time Bellator were on this week, if they even were aware it was on at all. Speaking for myself, I follow Bellator as much as anybody, yet I kept having to remind myself it wasn't on the 4th day of the work week, and I thought the TV portion started at 7 EST only to discover it was 8 while I was watching the prelims. They changed nights, and twice switched times, for this event alone. Therein lies the primary reason for the ratings' drop. It's not like this one night's ratings indicate people have lost interest in Bellator for good. Their previous event drew in the 900 thousands, which was one of their biggest ratings. They need to have the regular events again, and get in the groove on a favorable night and time for them. Fridays are not it. Maybe this rating is a blessing in disguise because they'll change their mind now. It's better to have this one-night ratings' disaster now than during a season where they have 12 events committed. They could decide that while it not may not be ideal for TNA's ratings, it's best for the station's ratings if Bellator is back on Thursdays with them. Incidentally, TNA's ratings weren't alarming until Bellator's season ended.

Similarly, most sports fans aren't going to care about a hockey game where they don't have a rooting interest, period. Regardless if it's a finals' match.

Your logic is that people aren't going to watch an NFL or Hockey game if they don't have a vested interest?

Then please explain why NHL games typically do 1,2 - 1.5 ratings, and do over 5 in the Stanley Cup?

Or why NFL games do a few million viewers and the superbowl is the most watched event in America?

The answer? You're an idiot, or you didn't think your arguement through.

People watch finals. people watch when it really means something, etc... PROOF is in the ratings, a lot more fucking people watch the finals / superbowl  (etc...) than regular games, "rooting" interest or not. If your logic were true than only fans of the two teams in the finals would watch.

Those arent crazy ratings by any means, there was a show called master chef on at the same time that did the same numbers pretty much in the same demo.
6/21/13 6:28 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw lol at the last thread on logics list, straight up BELLASHIT MMA
6/21/13 6:31 PM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If MMALogic doesn't work for Zuffa then it's actually quite sad.
6/21/13 7:17 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.
Why do you care?

Will you get the timeslot?

Will Viacom give you money to fund your creative vision?

Is Bellator preventing you from getting Viacom to give you anything?

Unless you draw a paycheck from Bellator or Viacom; there is no reason to care for anything in terms of ratings.

If you're a fan of MMA, why would you want Bellator to close?

Do you want those fighters, announcers, lighting techs, etc to lose their job?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it.

I just will never, ever understand why a fan without a vested financial stake would ever profess glee over a company failing. Phone Post
6/21/13 7:57 PM
CindyO

big_roy_fan - 
Reed Rothchild - 
MMALOGIC - John Morgan ?@MMAjunkieJohn 11m

"Should have exact numbers shortly, but it sounds like both live Bellator shows pulled around 450,000 viewers each last night."

Make room for the tombstone because that's a major disaster.

The reality show will most certainly be cancelled. But the more important question is what this means for the live events...

if you can only pull 450k viewers on the best weeknight for mma programming, what on earth will happen when they move to friday nights?

We're talking 350k to 375k viewers. that's not gonna last very long on spike. even 450k wont work on friday primetime.

The fat lady has begun her song.
Still much better than the last UFC on Fuel which was on a prime Saturday night slot Phone Post 3.0

you should compare it to fox because afterall, bellator claimed in court that spike tv is in as many homes as fox.

Wellllll... yeah, they did say that so you make a fair point.

Cindy

6/21/13 7:58 PM
Sublime7SD
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually enjoyed Fight Master quite a bit. I liked having Couture, Shamrock, Jackson, and Warren all mic'd up for the entire fight. I enjoy hearing the fighters/coaches' commentary and impressions as the fight is unfolding. I also enjoyed the process of the fighters picking their camp and the way they cut to candid interviews with the coaches to hear their honest opinions about the fighter. I thought it was funny how polite they were to Scalene, but in the candid interviews, everyone but Couture said something along the lines of "I don't want him on my team..." That was enjoyable television.

It does appear that the last few guys to pick may get wedged into whatever team has an opening. That seems shitty for them. I was pretty surprised that of the four coaches, assuming they are airing these fights in order, Randy was picked last. I expected Jackson and Couture to fill up quickly.
6/21/13 8:00 PM
CindyO

Chris27 - 
Reed Rothchild - 
MMALOGIC - John Morgan ?@MMAjunkieJohn 11m

"Should have exact numbers shortly, but it sounds like both live Bellator shows pulled around 450,000 viewers each last night."

Make room for the tombstone because that's a major disaster.

The reality show will most certainly be cancelled. But the more important question is what this means for the live events...

if you can only pull 450k viewers on the best weeknight for mma programming, what on earth will happen when they move to friday nights?

We're talking 350k to 375k viewers. that's not gonna last very long on spike. even 450k wont work on friday primetime.

The fat lady has begun her song.
Still much better than the last UFC on Fuel which was on a prime Saturday night slot Phone Post 3.0

Really?  The last Fuel event did 313k, the one before it did 485k.

They are also on a network in 63 million less homes than Spike.  

Did the UFC ever do a show on Spike with less that 450k viewers and if so, how many events befire things took off? I can't recall. Thanks.

Cindy

6/21/13 8:04 PM
CindyO

duckhuntgangsta - 
CindyO -
Libero21 - I enjoyed the card, it wasn't great but king mo and Ryan Martinez fights were both fun to watch and best of all it was free Phone Post 3.0

Can't beat free and these guys need promotions to gain experience for when the big show comes-a-calling. And the fighters need the checks, regardless of how small they may or may not be.

I caught Fight Master and hope Joe Silva did too because a few of those guys look like they got it going on and aren't afraid to get in there and mix it UP!!! But its too bad Joe Riggs is on the show because I think he can win this show and possibly grace the Octagon with his badass self after he figures out how to get out of his Viacom/Bellator contract down the road=)  WWWWWAR Riggs!

Cindy

Oh, there Cindy goes again shilling Bellator...wait, wha?

:) Phone Post 3.0

Hey Boo! Wassup?

Cindy

6/21/13 8:22 PM
MMALOGIC

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.
Why do you care?

Will you get the timeslot?

Will Viacom give you money to fund your creative vision?

Is Bellator preventing you from getting Viacom to give you anything?

Unless you draw a paycheck from Bellator or Viacom; there is no reason to care for anything in terms of ratings.

If you're a fan of MMA, why would you want Bellator to close?

Do you want those fighters, announcers, lighting techs, etc to lose their job?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it.

I just will never, ever understand why a fan without a vested financial stake would ever profess glee over a company failing. Phone Post

on the one hand you're asking "why do you care", on the other hand you're saying you should care because of all the fighters, announcers, etc... losing there job. which is it?

The ratings are important because of that very thing... to ensure those poeple still have a job.

I do come off hard on bellator for 3 reasons:

1) their scumbag business practices

2) to virtually kick the bellator schills in the balls.

2) And believe it or not to actually help... so bellator can make some productive changes.

What's the point in cheerleading an org to it's grave? what benefit did the schills provide affliction? or SF? nothing.

People have been cheerleading orgs to their grave. what's the point?

When Dana's Jive Live came out I shat on that. I said the concept was flawed and said it was a failed project as soon as the debut ratings came out and that zuffa would go back to the taped version. People were saying give it a chance, it's only the first episode... blah blah blah.

I wrote profusely how the friday night time slot is gonna hurt zufffa's ppv business and how the ufc was bleeding fans every week.

Zuffa is a smart organization so they usually make the right changes so they dont need me or anyone else telling them what to do. But Input and criticism is important.

Bellator isnt there yet. they need criticism more than zuffa so they can self correct.

Cheerleading doesnt help Zuffa. Same way it doesnt help Bellator.

I dont just criticize, I also provide suggestions.... and if the bellator shills would do the same instead of sugar coating things they may actually be of benefit.

I offered my suggestions on this thread...

Cut costs and instead of trying to compete with the UFC and get crushed by the wave, instead ride the wave.

You do that by getting rid of the restrictive contracts. You'll be able to sign guys for less and the talent will be more eager to sign with you if you are a better gateway to the UFC.

Bellator will have a way more marketable roster for television at a lower cost and fans will be more willing to invest there time watching it because they'll be able to follow their favorite guys to the UFC.

You'll have guys going back and forth from the UFC and better prospects willing to sign with you. You'll be riding the UFC wave instead of being crushed by it.

Being a gateway to the UFC, I believe will not only improve their product tremendously from a talent and marketing perspective but it will also keep costs to a bare minimum.

In my opinion that's the only way they survive.

Im not creating troll thread just bashing bellator mindlessly. It is harsh but Im also offering input.
6/21/13 8:29 PM
MMALOGIC

^ and ultimately the market is very efficient... if bellator cant do it someone else will and those fighters, announcers, etc.. will eventually have a place.
6/21/13 9:03 PM
D241

PrettyBoy - 
lookoutawhale -

This dude has to work for Zuffa or something..

How does this account not get banned? Mods? Phone Post 3.0

If this is a pattern and it continues, he will be shown the door.....

6/21/13 9:07 PM
D241

Ok guys, let me know if I'm alone in this or I'm not the only one....

But does it seem like every thread that is more business side related, ie ratings, bellator, zuffa, ppv buys, etc....

we always have MMALogic, Cindy O, and Chris27 posting?

6/21/13 9:38 PM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cindy O likes fights, fighters, and talks about stuff that isn't business. Don't recognize the Chris27 name.

MMALOGIC just comes off as a nerd from the Wrestling Observer board who isn't even a fan of the sport and just follows business.

The smart money is on no org other than the UFC succeeding. You're not an insider because you're predicting Bellator to fail and because you have a WO subscription.

It's cool that we got to watch free MMA on TV this week. Of course UFC is the best, but all the orgs have some merrit. It's a good time to be a fan of the sport...but is MMALOGIC even a fan?

6/21/13 9:44 PM
Chris27

D241 - 

But does it seem like every thread that is more business side related, ie ratings, bellator, zuffa, ppv buys, etc....

So what?  So I post in threads about ratings, fights, fight disscussion, fight announcements, I post in all threads.

Am I suddenly not allowed to post in threads about ratings or something?  

6/21/13 9:47 PM
obi1

Lynchman - Acording to Meltzer, Spike is blaming the NHL playoff game for the low numbers.

whats this hockey you speak of????
6/21/13 10:25 PM
deadlyonetwo3
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator's failure would only equal less options for professional fighters to have successful careers and I, for one, do not support that at all. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 11:30 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The market  is really  efficient?

Are you delusional or something. MMA might not be a monopoly but there is a dire lack of competition for the UFC. That sucks for fans,sucks for the UFC (monopolies always underperform),sucks for MMA fans and its worst  of all for all the fighters. So its kind of important that Bellator succeeds. It might never rival the UFC but its extremely important for the sport that they grow and become a viable organisation and product.

Apart from that,if your a fan of MMA why the fuck do you come across as going above and beyond with your criticism of Bellator.

Your comments regarding the contract is BS as well btw. Bellator contract are generally not worse that UFC contract. They might even be slightly less restrictive. If the UFC really wants to poach the talent let them buy their  contracts out. They did it with Lombard (and that ended so fucking well),they could do it with Eddie. The problem is they dont want to make a deal where they have to take on  a lot of risk. They could offer a lot more cash (instead of just the points deal...which takes away a lot of the upfront risk because if Eddie does not perform they could always dump him on a less then stellar card ).It would be good for the fans and for Eddie. The problem is that it would set a precedent for the UFC. You could consider it bad business practice  for them but it comes with being the top dog and actually having to deal with a more or less viable competitor.

Look i rather view a UFC event then a Bellator event (but since i am a fan of the sport i watch both and want them both to succeed. And i would enjoy seeing Eddie in the UFC. But he signed what he signed. If the UFC really want him that  bad they need to make it a cash only offer that is significently higher then Bellator.

You cannot expect a company like Viacom to invest in a product and then let all their stars walk out of their contract without proper compensation.

And the UFC already has a feeder league,its called Ressurection fighting alliance. MMA needs more competition not less.How will Bellator will be interesting as a product for bigger third parties if it is only a feeder league. The only viable business option then would be to be taken over by the UFC. How is there any money in that. You make money if you have stars. How can you have stars when they all go over to the UFC ?

And why the fuck would they cut costs when they just pulled in a major angel investor/part owner. Does that seems like business logic to you.You ever heard about a company that choose to cut cost relentlessly after getting a big angel investor.Startups who get investments need to put that money to productive use. That means growth and hence expension.

I like the fact that you are trying to give constructive criticism but your whole vision for Bellator's future seems very much like something uncle Dana dreams about. Its not constructive at all. Your basically telling Bellator to become the next Strikeforce or WEC.Thats not good business advice considering Bellators current position or ownership and you can hardly call it good for the sport in general and the perception thereof.

Its all well and good that you have a strong preference for Zuffa but dont come out bashing Bellator all the time and describe it as ''constructive'' criticism. That BS and everybody here knows it.

6/21/13 11:34 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
D241 - 

So what?  So I post in threads about ratings, fights, fight disscussion, fight announcements, I post in all threads.

Am I suddenly not allowed to post in threads about ratings or something?  

Nope,

kind of a douchy thing to say. I think it is cool and admirable that you post in a lot of business related threads. Its a fucking important part of the whole sport and interesting as fuck considering the whole thing is still developing and growing so fast.

Having said that MMALogic and Cindy have a very pronounced bias. Its fair enough if they dont claim otherwise but Logic tries to present his very subjective opinions as objective reasoning. That is kind of a problem. I dont think you do the same but guilty by association can be one of the hassles of life.

6/21/13 11:41 PM
Nuevo Haole

Lol Phone Post
6/21/13 11:42 PM
CindyO

duckhuntgangsta - This sucks for Randy. He backed the wrong horse (again). Phone Post 3.0

LOL! No, he didn't. He had no future with the UFC aside from the job he begged for, got, and bailed on! He wanted one of those Chuck Liddell jobs... again... like the sweet one he had and walked out on before. He wasn't in the Zuffa family and hadn't been since he acted like a backstabbing a ho in 2007. Randy did what he needed to (wioth Bellator) but once again, he was a coward about it.

I think Randy will be the face of Bellator because he would be far more effective than Bjorn. And I think Viacom will buy out Bjorn and then its on like Donkey Kong with them and Zuffa.

I will never miss an episode of Fight Master because there will be MMA fights on the show and it doesn't cost me a dime which is always nice. Plus, these athletes need a break (or career resurrection in some cases) and the and LOLs and criticism I'm seeing doesn't have a dayum thing to do with how they are doing their jobs (in most cases) so why throw the baby out with the bath water? I felt the same way about Affliction, EliteXC and WFA- entertaining fighters but challenged decision makers.

But while Randy is a "face" in this industry on TV and the silver screen he isn't someone I would have evvvvvver imagined Viacom would make the face of a reality show dealing with reversing failing MMA gyms, considering his  repeated failures of his own in the same industry (not to mention his other businesses, charities, professionally and personally) . Greg Jackson would have gotten that bone.

And then you have Kevin, my God what a genius, profess this shit in a February interview with the NY Times:

Sitting at cageside, Kevin Kay, the president of Spike — who estimates that he has attended more than 400 fights — is talking over loud rock music to Mr. Rebney about getting Bellator ready for prime time. They agree, for one thing, that Bellator has to discover its own fighters. “We don’t want to be picking up rejects from the U.F.C., because there’s a reason they’re leaving,” Mr. Kay says later. “Either they weren’t a fan favorite or they weren’t making money. You have to build your own talent up.”

In the same article you have this dumbass from Viacom spewing nonsense that Spike built the UFC from almost nothing when the TUF was a 10 million dollar prepaid infomercial and UFC related programming would grow to be most of the original content Spike offered on their network for years. LOL

THE new league, renamed Bellator M.M.A., certainly has not stopped the bad blood between the U.F.C. and Viacom. Mr. Dauman of Viacom says that “in airing U.F.C. fights and reality shows, Spike really built U.F.C. from almost nothing.”

Mr. White, the outspoken president of the U.F.C., calls Mr. Dauman’s characterization “the most pompous, arrogant thing to come out of someone’s mouth.” He adds, “Everybody thinks they can buy a cage and do what we do.”

Founded in 1993, the U.F.C. is widely credited with bringing sanctioned mixed martial arts to the United States. The league, owned by Zuffa L.L.C., based in Las Vegas, struggled for years to broker a television deal. Finally, in 2005, Mr. White says, the U.F.C. paid $10 million to produce “The Ultimate Fighter,” a reality series that follows mixed martial arts fighters living and training together in Las Vegas, and gave the show to Spike, a Viacom channel aimed at men. The Season 1 finale featured the first U.F.C. fight broadcast on Spike.

There, the U.F.C. became a surprise hit and led to other shows based on mixed martial arts, including “U.F.C. Unleashed,” that filled much of Spike’s schedule, along with reality series like “Bar Rescue” and “Tattoo Nightmares.”

Geniuses, I tell ya:)

Cindy

6/21/13 11:59 PM
MMALOGIC

People keep bringing up the NHL... we're talking about 6 million viewers on network TV... that's nothing. It's great for the NHL and their viewers are increasing tremendously but in terms of competition 6 million on network tv is nothing.

Look at the top 100 shows for that night on basic cable:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/20/wednesday-cable-ratings-futurama-royal-pains-win-night-necessary-roughness-daily-show-south-beach-tow-more/188185/

a rerun of FUll house pulled 1.4 million viewers. There was nothing on tv that night besides the NHL and bellator. if they cant hack it in this landscape the competition is alot worse in the fall.

Even on Friday nights you have smackdown, college football, etc...
6/22/13 12:04 AM
fightharder

willienugget - 
Macedawgg - 

Let's not kid ourselves on the contracts either--Zuffa's and Bellator's do virtually the same exact things.

Bellator, as the minnow to Zuffa's whale, has utilized their oppressive contracts recently. . .

Zuffa, however, has done similar things as well. 

It's pretty seldom a fighter wants to leave UFC but when it happens, I haven't noticed UFC stand in their way. Diaz wanted to fight for Gracie. Rampage wanted 'greener pastures'. Henderson to Strikeforce. All I remember hearing was "Good Luck". He could be full of shit, but Dana has said that every UFC fighter has a matching clause.

Can you elaborate please?

Its the same for Bellator contracts....

And do you really think Dana would say good luck to either GSP or Silva if they want to walk out of the door all of a sudden. You must be joking. The UFC would never let their big stars walk either without a fight (especially considering the numbers their new ''stars'' are doing).

6/22/13 12:14 AM
CindyO

JimmersonzGlove - 

I hope they survive. Like I said in another thread...getting so much MMA on TV (Fox family/Spike/AXS) is awesome. Beats the days of ordering tapes or buying KOTC/IFC videos at the store to get your fix.

This, especially since its summer- the season of reruns! DVD and FF thru commercials.

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.