UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers.

6/22/13 2:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - 
Chris27 - 
D241 - 

Ok guys, let me know if I'm alone in this or I'm not the only one....

But does it seem like every thread that is more business side related, ie ratings, bellator, zuffa, ppv buys, etc....

we always have MMALogic, Cindy O, and Chris27 posting?

So what?  So I post in threads about ratings, fights, fight disscussion, fight announcements, I post in all threads.

Am I suddenly not allowed to post in threads about ratings or something?  

Nope,

kind of a douchy thing to say. I think it is cool and admirable that you post in a lot of business related threads. Its a fucking important part of the whole sport and interesting as fuck considering the whole thing is still developing and growing so fast.

Having said that MMALogic and Cindy have a very pronounced bias. Its fair enough if they dont claim otherwise but Logic tries to present his very subjective opinions as objective reasoning. That is kind of a problem. I dont think you do the same but guilty by association can be one of the hassles of life.

By all means, point out the part that makes it "douchy".

6/22/13 2:14 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

Because of MMALOGIC's thread, I will go out of my way to watch the next Bellator.
6/22/13 2:15 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
CanadianGSPFan - 
D241 -

Ok guys, let me know if I'm alone in this or I'm not the only one....

But does it seem like every thread that is more business side related, ie ratings, bellator, zuffa, ppv buys, etc....

we always have MMALogic, Cindy O, and Chris27 posting?

Of course your question was generally ignored or brushes aside, but here's what I think anyway:

Chris27: paid poster, Zuffa shill. He used to post like crazy in those circle-jerk threads on the OG (before they were removed) to get his votes up so that people think he's a decent poster. He often posts news stories before anyone else and I appreciate the early scoop he delivers, but it's pretty clear he is very biased towards Zuffa, too biased for a fan with no dog in the fight.

CindyO - gets trashed and shat on a lot, but I don't think she's a paid poster. I think she's a friend of Dana's and has a very clear bias like any friend would, but I've seen her post kind things about Bjork/Bellator at least once or twice :). I'll probably take a lot of heat for this opinion but it's just my opinion.

MMALOGIC - clearly someone who works for Zuffa. All you have to do is look at his posting history. Phone Post

You are an idiot if you think Im paid by Zuffa to post.

And every single poster in this forum is bias, some towards the UFC, I'll admit I'm a UFC fan, more than any other org.  Some like liquidrob and Bellator Fan and others are bias towards Bellator.

Others hate Zuffa and trash them anytime they can.  Others defend Zuffa, others defend Bellator, some hate the UFC but also hate Bellator, some hate Bellator but their hatred for the UFC is greater so they will ride for Bellator.

That is kind of a stupid thing to say Chris.

If you are a true fan of MMA why the fuck would you be bias against on organisation or the other? I think the UFC is the superior product and organisation but that does not make me hate bellator. I liked Strikeforce and the WEC equally and i loved the craziness of PRIDE.

I also appreciate what the WSOF and the smaller organisations like Cage and Titan try to achieve.

Now  since i respect Dana and Lorenzo so much i might have a very slight preference for the UFC. But i really mostly care about either fighters or camps.

And i care about the general state of MMA. And for the benefit of everybody there needs to be more and more viable competition. Bellator is the only organisation that can plausible offer this because of the financial strenght behind it and the reasonable consistancy of there product (compared to others).

The problem is that people who support and organisation like its a professional sports team or a favorite fighter. That just fucking silly talk. It does show what a great job Dana and lorenzo (plus all the great people at Zuffa) did at brand building but saying you are if you hate of expressively love an organisation its almost as dumb as people saying they train UFC. You love the sport MMA,the organisations are just the platforms that host the product.

6/22/13 2:17 AM
D241

CindyO - Ha! That should be a given because its obviously a natural interest. I think JeffersonDAC is a bit similar. But facts are facts no matter who posts them. You should stick with opinions because that is your strength:)

Cindy

Especially when the author of the facts you're quoting is thine own self    ;)
6/22/13 2:20 AM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life - Because of MMALOGIC's thread, I will go out of my way to watch the next Bellator.

Not going to make a difference unless you're a neilsen family.
6/22/13 2:33 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

willienugget - 
fightharder - 
willienugget - 
Macedawgg - 

Let's not kid ourselves on the contracts either--Zuffa's and Bellator's do virtually the same exact things.

Bellator, as the minnow to Zuffa's whale, has utilized their oppressive contracts recently. . .

Zuffa, however, has done similar things as well. 

It's pretty seldom a fighter wants to leave UFC but when it happens, I haven't noticed UFC stand in their way. Diaz wanted to fight for Gracie. Rampage wanted 'greener pastures'. Henderson to Strikeforce. All I remember hearing was "Good Luck". He could be full of shit, but Dana has said that every UFC fighter has a matching clause.

Can you elaborate please?

Its the same for Bellator contracts....

And do you really think Dana would say good luck to either GSP or Silva if they want to walk out of the door all of a sudden. You must be joking. The UFC would never let their big stars walk either without a fight (especially considering the numbers their new ''stars'' are doing).

I don't know what Dana would do primarily because both GSP and Silva are ecstatic to be in UFC. UFC stars aren't looking elsewhere.

What is the same for Bellator contracts? Not arguing. Intrigued to learn something.

I think it's a matter of UFC having stars upon stars and Bellator having but a few.

I never ever once heard about UFC paying fighters less than what they are contracted to earn.

GSP and Silva are glad to be part of the UFC because there is no plausible alternative yet.

The UFC does pay there top athletes well enough  but lets face it Anderson Silva is never going to make even a quarter of what Mayweather makes. If you are such a top class athletes (at least comparable to Floyd in his sport) that has to sting at least a little. They are not making anywhere near the money that top athletes in other sport leagues make (and i mean the stars). Does the UFC treat the well financially,yes. Would they not consider a move if some crazy russian would set up an alternative league  as a toy (like they consistantly do with football clubs) and would offer Anderson a fix amount of ten million a fight,no.

So to answer you question,stars are not looking elsewhere become the market is immature and not fully developed. If there was a alternative that would pay equal money or something that would approach the money they are currently making they might consider it. If there would be a league that would pay more most of them would be gone (see the Pride era).

Bellator contracts are not much different from UFC contracts. This was in respons to MMALogic supposed reasoning behind being overly critical of Bellator. If he hates the contract that Bellator lets there fighters sign so much he should apply his dislike to the whole of the MMA business because there is not that much differentiation between the contract in there basic form.

The UFC has big stars because they are good at brand building but also because the bought up all the competition/or crushed it basically. That has been both admirable and inspirational. But now that the sport is maturing it is hardly healthy (competition is always better,regardless of the sector where are discussing). Still the problem does not lie with the UFC having to many stars. Or being a lot stronger than competition that can grown into a reasonable viable competitor. The problem lies in upholding a system where Bellator can hold on to the few talented fighters (to a certain extend..there always ways to poach talent) they do create.

And i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say with the last sentence (probably my fault wasn't clear enough ). I tried to bring across the fact that the people who are bringing in the good PPV numbers are still the stars of yonder.The newer kids on the block are really not translating there dominance into big enough PPV numbers fast enough. There is at least a lack of growth while there is a lot more exposure and mainstream awareness.That is slightly worrisome and would make certaint that the UFC would never let them walk out of the door to rival organisations. Would not be logical regardless though.

6/22/13 2:38 AM
fightharder

MMALOGIC - 
bozy -  Is 450k really that bad. They can't all be record breaking. Phone Post

yes... to illustrate how bad it is bellator 360 and mma uncensored pulled around 450 to 550k viewers. Spike quickly took them off primetime and eventually cancelled uncensored.

now consider how much more expensive it is to produce a reality show and a live event and you realize bellator is on borrowed time.

also consider that spike's weekly primetime avge for the year is around 750k to 800k viewers. their primetime avge last week was 650k viewers and besides TNA everything else was a rerun if im not mistaken.

so to spend tons of money paying an emmy award winning producer to develop a reality show and on top that the expenses of a live event, it is devastating to pull only 450k when you averaged 650k a week prior with mostly shitty reruns.

wait, it gets worse...

if you can barely pull 500k viewers on a wednesday night you're gonna pull even less on a friday night (where they are being moved to in the fall).

It might be bad....

But Viacom can take the hit. If they made the commitment to MMA for the long haul there not goint to pull back now all of a sudden.

Plus they can always reconnect with the wrestling again. It might be hard to swallow (like FX initial TUF disaster) but they could easily put it down to growing pains and let the product mature more.

They only reasons the would though is because they believe in the product and the potential. They will never entertain doing something like that if they would settle for becoming a feeder league for Zuffa. Then again the would never have made the initial investment for a majority share of the company. So your future plans for Bellator are just not reality as long as Viacom has any involvement. Step of it already.

It would be shit for the MMA market as a whole as well because it would not adress the problem of lack of competition at all.

6/22/13 2:56 AM
fightharder

MMALOGIC - in order for mma to survive on spike they need to be at 650l to 800k viewers on a friday night and keep costs extremely low.

the question is how do you do that?

bellator is now signing ufc castoffs in wholesale quantities and that's a good start. They are also moving away from the tournament structure which is also good.

let zuffa spend the money to build the familiar faces and pick them up on the cheap when they are cut and have nowhere else to go. there has to be another hood and that's by becoming a gateway to the ufc the way the ultimate fighter is.

familiar ufc castoffs + great prospects + being a gateway to the ufc = in my opinion is the best possible tv product for mma you can create at the lowest cost.

You gotta get to the 650k to 800k range on friday nights and keep the costs extremely low.

instead of 1 rampage jackson, give me 10 ben saunders. Get rid of the restrictive contracts and you'll get the chris weidmans and jon jones of the world before they enter the UFC.

you're tape library all of sudden increases in value. Jon Jones is the UFC champ? you now have a clip show of jon jones and how he developed.

There is no long term value in your strategy. The whole strenght of a library and and MMA organisation in general is in their star fighters.

The UFC has been able to rise above these normal mechanics for a long time due to brilliant marketing,business positioning and a very particular business environment. Now that the sport is maturing any type of competiton cannot ignore this fact anymore.

And you are totally ignoring the fact that this is also about the competition between Fox and Viacom. Viacom is not going to invest in a product and then handle all there biggest stars without a fight to the UFC. They at least want to become a viable alternative with some worth. The stars bring the money,eyes,potential advertisement investment and perhaps even PPV buys (though i am not sure that model is still feasible). All that potential is gone when there just a feeder league. Why would Viacom ever invest in a product like that?

You are still arguing from from the mindset of Bellator as an independent organisation. Its about getting marketshare for them at the moment,not about cutting costs.

And say what you want about Rampage but he is a draw. Even his subpar performances on the UFC PPV still did good to great numbers.

Plus they can still get good prospects now. They might have to price the UFC out of the market with some prospects. And they might need accept the fact that some fighters will be unattainable for them. But the can offer a solid alternative. And there will be a lot of fucking fighters to go around (and growing ever day) . Bellator and the UFC combined can't even soak up the demand.

Also you think it is all about the tape library. There is no real worth there anymore.Not really. There is worth in advertisement. Companies that want to link there products to a consistant demo and start athletes. You cannot sell ads on the strenght of a old clip of some dude. Plus the days of DVD sales are gone and the selling of streaming services is not picking up the slack. The value of MMA is potentially so big because its is something people still tend to watch live (regardless of the TIVO prevalence).

6/22/13 3:01 AM
fightharder

CindyO - 
MMALOGIC - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.
Why do you care?

Will you get the timeslot?

Will Viacom give you money to fund your creative vision?

Is Bellator preventing you from getting Viacom to give you anything?

Unless you draw a paycheck from Bellator or Viacom; there is no reason to care for anything in terms of ratings.

If you're a fan of MMA, why would you want Bellator to close?

Do you want those fighters, announcers, lighting techs, etc to lose their job?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it.

I just will never, ever understand why a fan without a vested financial stake would ever profess glee over a company failing. Phone Post

on the one hand you're asking "why do you care", on the other hand you're saying you should care because of all the fighters, announcers, etc... losing there job. which is it?

The ratings are important because of that very thing... to ensure those poeple still have a job.

I do come off hard on bellator for 3 reasons:

1) their scumbag business practices

2) to virtually kick the bellator schills in the balls.

2) And believe it or not to actually help... so bellator can make some productive changes.

What's the point in cheerleading an org to it's grave? what benefit did the schills provide affliction? or SF? nothing.

People have been cheerleading orgs to their grave. what's the point?

When Dana's Jive Live came out I shat on that. I said the concept was flawed and said it was a failed project as soon as the debut ratings came out and that zuffa would go back to the taped version. People were saying give it a chance, it's only the first episode... blah blah blah.

I wrote profusely how the friday night time slot is gonna hurt zufffa's ppv business and how the ufc was bleeding fans every week.

Zuffa is a smart organization so they usually make the right changes so they dont need me or anyone else telling them what to do. But Input and criticism is important.

Bellator isnt there yet. they need criticism more than zuffa so they can self correct.

Cheerleading doesnt help Zuffa. Same way it doesnt help Bellator.

I dont just criticize, I also provide suggestions.... and if the bellator shills would do the same instead of sugar coating things they may actually be of benefit.

I offered my suggestions on this thread...

Cut costs and instead of trying to compete with the UFC and get crushed by the wave, instead ride the wave.

You do that by getting rid of the restrictive contracts. You'll be able to sign guys for less and the talent will be more eager to sign with you if you are a better gateway to the UFC.

Bellator will have a way more marketable roster for television at a lower cost and fans will be more willing to invest there time watching it because they'll be able to follow their favorite guys to the UFC.

You'll have guys going back and forth from the UFC and better prospects willing to sign with you. You'll be riding the UFC wave instead of being crushed by it.

Being a gateway to the UFC, I believe will not only improve their product tremendously from a talent and marketing perspective but it will also keep costs to a bare minimum.

In my opinion that's the only way they survive.

Im not creating troll thread just bashing bellator mindlessly. It is harsh but Im also offering input.

Wow, that might be the best post you have ever made and its accurate. VTFU.

Cindy

If that is the best post he ever made then he obviously does not have a lot of insight of what matters for a big media company like Viacom.

No selfrespecting big media company would ever settle for that strategy because there is just no long term value in it nor a pay off big enough to even warrant there initial involvement.

So perhaps accurate looking at your personal interest as MMA fan. But not accurate in the sense that it is a viable business strategy.

6/22/13 4:01 AM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ministry of Truth - 
lookoutawhale - 

This dude has to work for Zuffa or something..

He/She certainly has an agenda, else why hate on MMA on an MMA site?

Creepy shit, I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary to be interested in the business side of MMA, but why the fuck would someone root for an Org to fail?

Someone said it's like rooting for a team, but it isn't at all lol The one function of a promoter is to bring good fights together, I couldn't give half a shit who's doing it. Right now the UFC is the best so they have my loyalty, if someone else starts doing better I'll jump over

I watch for the fighters, not the org... Really, it's like rooting for the NHL as opposed to rooting for the teams, or having been a Don King fan, but never much of a Tyson fan lol

And I guess you could justify it as being afraid Bellator will take away fighters and create split ranks like SF and Pride kind of did, but this seems well beyond it, and they're so below the UFC right now I'll just be happy the more MMA grows. I love this sport too much and consider it too fragile for me to wish failure upon it, in any form
6/22/13 4:03 AM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stannis Baratheon - I don't know who to believe anymore :( Phone Post 3.0

Stannis dies...

Just fucking with you...

Or am I?
6/22/13 4:23 AM
fightharder

And i am awake again....

But need to get to work on a saturday...good times.

Anyways will write a proper respons to Cindy O reaction to my post hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

In the end i agree with Matty ECB....i do have a special appreciation for the UFC because of what Dana and Lorenzo did for the sport and because they deliver top product. But in the end it is all about the fighters and not so much about the platform where they perform on.

Its nice that the UFC provides a platform that facilitates so well (Joe rogan,Dana,good production value,etc etc). And its great that they keep expanding the sport of MMA with such business acumen.

But i am a very firm believer in competition and the positive benefits it brings across the board. I do think Bellator is the only organisation that has a viable chance of providing this competition on a semi relevant level and frankly do not understand how their prosperity as a brand would hurt MMA fans,MMA fighters or even Zuffa (it would force some chance and sharpen the competititve senses even more).

Hence people who attack their viability as competing force in MMA (even if it is on a very slight scale) and want to see it fail disgust me a little IF the claim they are unbiased and simple looking out for the prosperity of MMA as a sport in general. Hell even if they would be Zuffa employees i would disagree with their standpoint because Zuffa stands to gain more from a reasonable strong Bellator then perhaps even Bellator stands to gain (comparably).

Most importantly though fighters need alternatives like Bellator where they actually stand to make some more money,get some PR and garner the interest of some sponsors if they dont have the skill to compete in the UFC or are just not good enough to get ahead in terms of contract terms in the UFC.

And MMA needs the continued attention and energy of the big media companies behind it to succeed in the long run as a viable sport that is not still so dependent on the PPV model (which will die out eventually).

Anyways will adress CindyO post within a day or two.

6/22/13 5:37 AM
CindyO

Colboyo - 
CindyO - 
lookoutawhale - 

Ha! I used to think the same thing but I know who he is so I have checked several times and he absolutely doesn't. The folks who matter don't even know who he is plus he has been very critical of Zuffa in the past so, no.

Cindy

Is it Ariel Helwani? Please, anyone but Ariel

Nope, not on the Zuffa payroll in any way, shape or form. They aren'y chummy like people think.

Cindy

6/22/13 5:51 AM
CindyO

bozy - 
CindyO -
bozy -  Looked up the lowest UFC in spike tv was UFC Fight Night 22, Nate Marquart* vs Paul Harris. 455k. Don't know what else was on that night. Phone Post

Was that number the average or peak? Maaaan, I wish someone would make a site that had only info like this on it for easy reference.

Cindy

Chris set me straight. That was the 18-35 demo. The event did 1.2 avg. I was wrong. Phone Post

No problem. Thanks bozy.

Cindy

6/22/13 6:00 AM
Since93

I enjoyed the bellator card far more that last weekends ufc shitfest Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 6:10 AM
CindyO

fightharder - 
CindyO - 
MMALOGIC - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.
Why do you care?

Will you get the timeslot?

Will Viacom give you money to fund your creative vision?

Is Bellator preventing you from getting Viacom to give you anything?

Unless you draw a paycheck from Bellator or Viacom; there is no reason to care for anything in terms of ratings.

If you're a fan of MMA, why would you want Bellator to close?

Do you want those fighters, announcers, lighting techs, etc to lose their job?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it.

I just will never, ever understand why a fan without a vested financial stake would ever profess glee over a company failing. Phone Post

on the one hand you're asking "why do you care", on the other hand you're saying you should care because of all the fighters, announcers, etc... losing there job. which is it?

The ratings are important because of that very thing... to ensure those poeple still have a job.

I do come off hard on bellator for 3 reasons:

1) their scumbag business practices

2) to virtually kick the bellator schills in the balls.

2) And believe it or not to actually help... so bellator can make some productive changes.

What's the point in cheerleading an org to it's grave? what benefit did the schills provide affliction? or SF? nothing.

People have been cheerleading orgs to their grave. what's the point?

When Dana's Jive Live came out I shat on that. I said the concept was flawed and said it was a failed project as soon as the debut ratings came out and that zuffa would go back to the taped version. People were saying give it a chance, it's only the first episode... blah blah blah.

I wrote profusely how the friday night time slot is gonna hurt zufffa's ppv business and how the ufc was bleeding fans every week.

Zuffa is a smart organization so they usually make the right changes so they dont need me or anyone else telling them what to do. But Input and criticism is important.

Bellator isnt there yet. they need criticism more than zuffa so they can self correct.

Cheerleading doesnt help Zuffa. Same way it doesnt help Bellator.

I dont just criticize, I also provide suggestions.... and if the bellator shills would do the same instead of sugar coating things they may actually be of benefit.

I offered my suggestions on this thread...

Cut costs and instead of trying to compete with the UFC and get crushed by the wave, instead ride the wave.

You do that by getting rid of the restrictive contracts. You'll be able to sign guys for less and the talent will be more eager to sign with you if you are a better gateway to the UFC.

Bellator will have a way more marketable roster for television at a lower cost and fans will be more willing to invest there time watching it because they'll be able to follow their favorite guys to the UFC.

You'll have guys going back and forth from the UFC and better prospects willing to sign with you. You'll be riding the UFC wave instead of being crushed by it.

Being a gateway to the UFC, I believe will not only improve their product tremendously from a talent and marketing perspective but it will also keep costs to a bare minimum.

In my opinion that's the only way they survive.

Im not creating troll thread just bashing bellator mindlessly. It is harsh but Im also offering input.

Wow, that might be the best post you have ever made and its accurate. VTFU.

Cindy

If that is the best post he ever made then he obviously does not have a lot of insight of what matters for a big media company like Viacom.

No selfrespecting big media company would ever settle for that strategy because there is just no long term value in it nor a pay off big enough to even warrant there initial involvement.

So perhaps accurate looking at your personal interest as MMA fan. But not accurate in the sense that it is a viable business strategy.

LOL!!!  I quoted the wrong post!!!

Cindy

6/22/13 6:56 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

Stannis Baratheon - I don't know who to believe anymore :( Phone Post 3.0

Dude the red woman is wrong, you are not Azor Azai, the Prince that was Promised to beat the Others beyond The Wall. Jon Snow is. He is the love child of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. That's right. Rhaegar never "abducted" her. She was the mystery knight of the Laughing Tree in the tale Jojen Reed told Bran. When the Mad King sent the Prince out to find the mystery knight, he claimed to have only found the shield but in reality he found Lyanna and they fell in love. That is the "promise" Lyanna begged Ned to keep when he found her in The Tower of Joy in Dorne. Jon Snow is NOT Ned Stark's bastard, but the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. If King Robert Baratheon ever found out that Jon was a Targaryen, he'd of had him killed, that is why Ned passed him off as his bastard at the expense of his honor.
Sorry to break it to ya buddy.
6/22/13 10:19 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
Colboyo - 
CindyO - 
lookoutawhale - 

Ha! I used to think the same thing but I know who he is so I have checked several times and he absolutely doesn't. The folks who matter don't even know who he is plus he has been very critical of Zuffa in the past so, no.

Cindy

Is it Ariel Helwani? Please, anyone but Ariel

Nope, not on the Zuffa payroll in any way, shape or form. They aren'y chummy like people think.

Cindy

You mean Ariel isn't the ass kiss everyone makes him out to be? Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 12:56 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - 

And i am awake again....

But need to get to work on a saturday...good times.

Anyways will write a proper respons to Cindy O reaction to my post hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

In the end i agree with Matty ECB....i do have a special appreciation for the UFC because of what Dana and Lorenzo did for the sport and because they deliver top product. But in the end it is all about the fighters and not so much about the platform where they perform on.

Its nice that the UFC provides a platform that facilitates so well (Joe rogan,Dana,good production value,etc etc). And its great that they keep expanding the sport of MMA with such business acumen.

But i am a very firm believer in competition and the positive benefits it brings across the board. I do think Bellator is the only organisation that has a viable chance of providing this competition on a semi relevant level and frankly do not understand how their prosperity as a brand would hurt MMA fans,MMA fighters or even Zuffa (it would force some chance and sharpen the competititve senses even more).

Hence people who attack their viability as competing force in MMA (even if it is on a very slight scale) and want to see it fail disgust me a little IF the claim they are unbiased and simple looking out for the prosperity of MMA as a sport in general. Hell even if they would be Zuffa employees i would disagree with their standpoint because Zuffa stands to gain more from a reasonable strong Bellator then perhaps even Bellator stands to gain (comparably).

Most importantly though fighters need alternatives like Bellator where they actually stand to make some more money,get some PR and garner the interest of some sponsors if they dont have the skill to compete in the UFC or are just not good enough to get ahead in terms of contract terms in the UFC.

And MMA needs the continued attention and energy of the big media companies behind it to succeed in the long run as a viable sport that is not still so dependent on the PPV model (which will die out eventually).

Anyways will adress CindyO post within a day or two.

Can we get more insightful posts from MMALOGIC or Chris27 and less of this guys retarded essays?

Thanks
6/22/13 1:09 PM
Dmoney35

didn't seem like the advertised it well I didn't even know there was a show until I he checked my ug app Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 1:14 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad they deleted that thread last night where someone accused him and then Saucy posted saying to come by the office. Then Hammers Hammil posted a few times complaining how the coffee at the office fucking sucked. Dont know where it went from there tho.
6/22/13 1:17 PM
jsdaugh34
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will not complain about free fights, or the opportunities that these guys get to make some money and get on tv. As far as the ratings on spike, I watched the fights then watched fightmaster, and I liked it. There have been several ufc events that were not very exciting so it will happen in bellator as well, so to say the product is not good then you are not an mma fan. Hopefully the ratings will steadily get better so they can remain on tv. I do however like the 4 man tournaments because the champion can have fights quicker.

We also saw 2 known fighters fight their last on bellator. Seth Petrizelli and Babalu Sobral. Kudos for bellator giving them an opportunity and providing name recognition to the true mma fans.

I cannot wait to see all the new talent signed.

My only beef is the heavyweights. I like Volkov and Minakov, but they need new talents. Besides Ryan Martinez and a raw Raphael Butler, who else is there seriously? Maybe Roy Nelson could help, but its Roy.
6/22/13 1:33 PM
TopChute
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People are crazy these days. They cheer for companies like Apple and Microsoft and don't own stock. Makes no sense to me.

If you're one of these people that doesn't watch Bellator because you feel loyal to anther promotion, you're doing yourself a disservice because you're missing out on good fights.

Bellator puts on good cards, consistently, with their wonderful tournament format.
6/22/13 1:33 PM
Haulport

MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

STFU you stupid, ignorant jackass. This is not some show they picked up and would cancel after 2 episodes.

They BOUGHT Bellator for 10's of millions and are going to do everything they can to make it successful. This might make them put MORE money into advertising.

This forum is boring and sickening because of fucktards like you. You are like a gaggle of jerk-offs who show up at a college party, start lighting your farts and then all the girls leave.............

6/22/13 2:50 PM
MMALOGIC

Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

STFU you stupid, ignorant jackass. This is not some show they picked up and would cancel after 2 episodes.

They BOUGHT Bellator for 10's of millions and are going to do everything they can to make it successful. This might make them put MORE money into advertising.

This forum is boring and sickening because of fucktards like you. You are like a gaggle of jerk-offs who show up at a college party, start lighting your farts and then all the girls leave.............

they are going to do everything they can to make them successful?

and that's why they are moving to the friday night graveyard... Keep the faith.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.