UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Flops on Spike... only 450k viewers.

6/22/13 4:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FixedPartialArts - Viacom is not spending big.

They didn't pony up for Khalidov or Barnett.

Bellator pays tourney fighters less than they ever have I think. In the first season or two the winner got 175K. They get 100K now, BW's get 70K, and now fighters get paid less in the 1st and/or 2nd round from what I saw. Plus, this summer's tourneys only have 4 fighters in each, and they opted out of doing another BW tourney.

They still have very infrequent title fights.

They don't have shoulder programming.

And their broadcasts heavily consist of commercials and cheap back stories instead of packing it with an ample amount of fights that include fighters who make decent money.

Viacom try to cut corners, and that's part of the reason why Bellator's momentum has stalled. Bellator would be taking off now if the astute management which laid the foundation was still in charge, but they aren't.

Funny thing is the usual suspects don't say shit about Bellator pay.
6/22/13 4:53 PM
rioz17
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though most of the fights were finishes I still didn't find the card really exciting since most were mismatches as for the reality show I fell asleep the first 10 minutes I personally have no preference to ufc or bellator I just enjoy watching great fights but unless bellator can make more even fights its gonna continue to lose viewers I wouldnt base the seasons and fight master season on just this night since they can bounce back but the way things are going unless they figure out what's wrong there gonna keep going down and down
6/22/13 4:57 PM
lookoutawhale
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stannis Baratheon - We all need to stop worrying about who's working for who and worry about winning me the kings throne of westeros.

That's all that should matter to all of you. Phone Post 3.0

break up with your red headed girlfriend. shes no good for anyone. the woman is a witch!

A WITCH!

6/22/13 5:01 PM
lookoutawhale
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - Ha! I used to think the same thing but I know who he is so I have checked several times and he absolutely doesn't. The folks who matter don't even know who he is plus he has been very critical of Zuffa in the past so, no.

Cindy

How did you figure out who he is? Are you guys friends outside the forum or just googled the dude?

6/22/13 5:06 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a
6/22/13 5:09 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a fighter would do: He got REAL representation who told him straight up how bad the UFC contract he signed was.
Cindy O and MMALOGIC can spin it any way they want, but UFC contracts are fucking horrible. Randy held out and got the respect he deserved and now he's a pariah.
Big surprise.
6/22/13 5:33 PM
Haulport

lookoutawhale - 
CindyO - Ha! I used to think the same thing but I know who he is so I have checked several times and he absolutely doesn't. The folks who matter don't even know who he is plus he has been very critical of Zuffa in the past so, no.

Cindy

How did you figure out who he is? Are you guys friends outside the forum or just googled the dude?

It started out with Zuffa hiring PAID POSTERS to shill on the forums and it has evolved into retarded trolls picking up the slack (but there are still plenty of paid posters floating around).

6/22/13 8:46 PM
lookoutawhale

CanadianGSPFan - 
lookoutawhale -
Stannis Baratheon - We all need to stop worrying about who's working for who and worry about winning me the kings throne of westeros.

That's all that should matter to all of you. Phone Post 3.0

break up with your red headed girlfriend. shes no good for anyone. the woman is a witch!

A WITCH!

Robert's bastard (the welder boy) has a stronger claim to the throne than you do, Stannis.

Give it up, dude. You tried to invade King's Landing and you failed. Besides that, you're boring, you have a shitty, dull personality, and you lock your daughter and wife in a fucking dungeon.

You're no king. Phone Post

You tell em GSPFan!  Stannis is the brother of a man who injured himself from a boar! what kind of man is this? How can the Baratheons rule the 7 kingdoms when they cannot outwit a simple 4 hooved mud pig!

6/22/13 10:11 PM
catbath
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^

Give Hodor six months of sprawl and brawl training and he takes the heavyweight strap (unless there's a thunderstorm)... Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 2:38 AM
CindyO

smth416 - 
fightharder - 

And i am awake again....

But need to get to work on a saturday...good times.

Anyways will write a proper respons to Cindy O reaction to my post hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

In the end i agree with Matty ECB....i do have a special appreciation for the UFC because of what Dana and Lorenzo did for the sport and because they deliver top product. But in the end it is all about the fighters and not so much about the platform where they perform on.

Its nice that the UFC provides a platform that facilitates so well (Joe rogan,Dana,good production value,etc etc). And its great that they keep expanding the sport of MMA with such business acumen.

But i am a very firm believer in competition and the positive benefits it brings across the board. I do think Bellator is the only organisation that has a viable chance of providing this competition on a semi relevant level and frankly do not understand how their prosperity as a brand would hurt MMA fans,MMA fighters or even Zuffa (it would force some chance and sharpen the competititve senses even more).

Hence people who attack their viability as competing force in MMA (even if it is on a very slight scale) and want to see it fail disgust me a little IF the claim they are unbiased and simple looking out for the prosperity of MMA as a sport in general. Hell even if they would be Zuffa employees i would disagree with their standpoint because Zuffa stands to gain more from a reasonable strong Bellator then perhaps even Bellator stands to gain (comparably).

Most importantly though fighters need alternatives like Bellator where they actually stand to make some more money,get some PR and garner the interest of some sponsors if they dont have the skill to compete in the UFC or are just not good enough to get ahead in terms of contract terms in the UFC.

And MMA needs the continued attention and energy of the big media companies behind it to succeed in the long run as a viable sport that is not still so dependent on the PPV model (which will die out eventually).

Anyways will adress CindyO post within a day or two.

Can we get more insightful posts from MMALOGIC or Chris27 and less of this guys retarded essays?

Thanks

LMFAO!

Cindy

6/23/13 2:40 AM
CindyO

Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.

STFU you stupid, ignorant jackass. This is not some show they picked up and would cancel after 2 episodes.

They BOUGHT Bellator for 10's of millions and are going to do everything they can to make it successful. This might make them put MORE money into advertising.

This forum is boring and sickening because of fucktards like you. You are like a gaggle of jerk-offs who show up at a college party, start lighting your farts and then all the girls leave.............

HP, you need to get laid. That is all.

Cindy

6/23/13 2:57 AM
CindyO

TeamRenzo4Life - Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a fighter would do: He got REAL representation who told him straight up how bad the UFC contract he signed was.
Cindy O and MMALOGIC can spin it any way they want, but UFC contracts are fucking horrible. Randy held out and got the respect he deserved and now he's a pariah.
Big surprise.

LOL! No son, Randy has had Sammy Spira in his corner and advising him on his career for years (inc. UFC contracts). You may have seen in in the late '80's flick "The Little Dragons" as Sammy was the little dragon. Sammy begged the UFC for work too... for years, and they weren't interested in working with him either.

Soooo, you were saying...???

As far as any contract, I really don't give a shit what they say once a fighter signs one, and I don't care which promotion it is so how can that be spun, dumbass?

Cindy

6/23/13 4:12 AM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life - Randy Couture did what Dana and The UFC always feared a fighter would do: He got REAL representation who told him straight up how bad the UFC contract he signed was.
Big surprise.

Interestingly enough, Bellator contracts are based on the UFC model and feature most of the same clauses.
6/23/13 6:32 AM
Keithadamberrydotcom
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JtU7rn92CiY Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 6:49 AM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lynchman -
Big surprise.

Interestingly enough, Bellator contracts are based on the UFC model and feature most of the same clauses.
By based on, don't you mean photocopied? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 7:00 AM
Dogman

LOL - since MMALOGIC has been outed as a Zuffa paid posted, I don't really take his posts serious anymore.
6/23/13 7:15 AM
Bobby Lupo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Zuffa was paying ugers, I'd be the first choice to be a paid poster, and nobody contacted me, do, it ain't a real thing Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:50 AM
smiter

Naderhood -
TheCrow13 -

MMALogic, I dont understand why you would root for a promotion to fail. I see you post a lot on here, and you really seem like a little boy with a personal vendeta.

Get used to it. He's a known Zuffa shill and the only time he ever posts is when he's shitting on Bellator. Same old song. Prob one of Cindy O's other accounts. Phone Post 3.0
For what it's worth Condy never had bad things to say about Strikeforce Pre Zuffa. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 10:15 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's ridiculous for MMAlogic to claim that he isn't a Zuffa shill and he has some special problem with Bellator because of their contracts. Just look at his attitude towards pre-Zuffa Strikeforce in this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1779363&forum=1&page=1&pc=3

6/23/13 10:47 AM
Glovegate

CindyO - 
Big surprise.

LOL! No son, Randy has had Sammy Spira in his corner and advising him on his career for years (inc. UFC contracts). You may have seen in in the late '80's flick "The Little Dragons" as Sammy was the little dragon. Sammy begged the UFC for work too... for years, and they weren't interested in working with him either.

Soooo, you were saying...???

As far as any contract, I really don't give a shit what they say once a fighter signs one, and I don't care which promotion it is so how can that be spun, dumbass?

Cindy

Your opinion carries no weight here, shill.

Cindy

6/23/13 12:52 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - you gotta wonder what this means for bellators budget. Viacom is gonna divest heavily out of mma at this point... but to what extent?

will they keep it around in a late night timeslot? the only timeslot bellator would work on spike would be on thursday nights at 11pm to 1am - but even that's a stretch.

I expect Rampage to start complaining any day now. Randy Couture must be kicking himself right about now.

STFU you stupid, ignorant jackass. This is not some show they picked up and would cancel after 2 episodes.

They BOUGHT Bellator for 10's of millions and are going to do everything they can to make it successful. This might make them put MORE money into advertising.

This forum is boring and sickening because of fucktards like you. You are like a gaggle of jerk-offs who show up at a college party, start lighting your farts and then all the girls leave.............

HP, you need to get laid. That is all.

Cindy

He needs to stop attending fart igniting college parties imo

6/23/13 1:47 PM
saucylv33
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider - Too bad they deleted that thread last night where someone accused him and then Saucy posted saying to come by the office. Then Hammers Hammil posted a few times complaining how the coffee at the office fucking sucked. Dont know where it went from there tho.

I said as a joke, reveal yourself and come by my office. I have no idea who MMAlogic is.
6/23/13 2:49 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a big fan of Bellator it is still going to be a tough to suceed as s bigger promotion, MMA fans and the media don't want to have another big promotion, they want the UFC and that's it, it makes it too hard on them to think about fighters and they don't want there rankings screwed up

The fans and media love all promotions before they try and get bigger, than the usually stuff comes out, minor leagues, b leagues, no top ranked guys, blah, blah, blah

But it will be tough for Bellator, the odds are against them and they probably will fold at some point, but just enjoy the fights and the talent while you can, they have some great fighters no matter what the shills say

6/23/13 3:33 PM
epwar
607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dominicf - It's ridiculous for MMAlogic to claim that he isn't a Zuffa shill and he has some special problem with Bellator because of their contracts. Just look at his attitude towards pre-Zuffa Strikeforce in this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1779363&forum=1&page=1&pc=3

Great find. LOL @ his way to disparage non-Zuffa companies by adding "shit" to their name.  It is obviously MMALOGIC is a Zuffa poster.  However, imagine how sad it would be if he ISN'T getting paid by them.

6/23/13 5:03 PM
Keithadamberrydotcom
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is my fight.  Thanks for the support UG !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.