UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Rampage considering move to heavyweight

6/20/13 11:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

During a Bellator, TNA, and Spike TV media conference call on June 5 Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson said he is considering a move to heavyweight, wants to do pro wrestlng, and will be doing a four part reality series based on his Bellator debut.

"Before, I was talking about retiring at 35 which is in a couple days," said Jackson. "Now, I feel like I have got four or five more years in me. I've just been rehabbing my knee and lifting weights. I'm thinking about going at heavyweight because I'm older now and I want to stand with the big guys. I want to go out there and entertain the fans. I think the fans forget I'm the first ever unified champion. I did that. I just want to entertain the fans, put on great fights, go into pro wrestling in TNA and show what I can do. I think I'm a natural pro wrestler. I want to kick it with them and put on great shows. I want to entertain all my fans."

In addition to uncertainty about weight division, it has not been determined yet whether Rampage will debut in a singles match, or in one of Bellator's four-man of eight-man tournaments. Rampage's knee is not yet fully healed, but he hopes to fight before the end of the year.

Transcription courtesy of MMAMania.

6/20/13 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mushroom Slap
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A week late as usual Underground Blog

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.