UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How much did GSP invest in Chris Weidman

6/21/13 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DrunkenKangarooZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - You ever think that maybe he just likes Weidman? He's reportedly a very nice guy.
Silva is a pretty nice guy too tho Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 11:16 PM
ChrisAllen
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't matter how much money gsp can throw away he would not be able to replicate Silva with a training partner or coach. If Weidman can't pull it off within the past few months of training then he is screwed, regardless. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 11:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 
da Vinci 81 - Silva has and still uses the same line of reasoning when people ask him why he hasn't gone after the 205 belt.
Doesn't Silva plan on fighting Jones? After GSP? Phone Post 3.0

No. He's never once said he wants to fight Jones and has no plans to.
Yeah bullshit. Combat can happen and multiple people have said that Anderson wants both Jones and gsp. Nice try. Phone Post

lol, yeah right. Please source where Anderson said when and where he wants to fight Jones, which is what I said he's never done.

Combat can happen. For half the UFC and an unreachable catch weight (192lbs, which he meekly threw out for fear Jones may accept anything higher). Those aren't the words of someone actively working to make a fight happen.
So now you need a when and where? Changing the goalposts much?

When his manager says other things you grasp onto them as Silva's own words, but when his manager says he wants to fight Jones its bullshit to you right?

Or when Dana says he just got out of meetings with Anderson and Ed, and says Anderson wwants the Jones fight, that's bullshit too? Phone Post
6/21/13 11:42 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrunkenKangarooZ - 
RileyPust - You ever think that maybe he just likes Weidman? He's reportedly a very nice guy.
Silva is a pretty nice guy too tho Phone Post 3.0

And yet Georges isn't training with him. Perhaps he doesn't want to give a future opponent any insight.
6/22/13 12:09 AM
da Vinci 81
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 
da Vinci 81 - Silva has and still uses the same line of reasoning when people ask him why he hasn't gone after the 205 belt.
Doesn't Silva plan on fighting Jones? After GSP? Phone Post 3.0

No. He's never once said he wants to fight Jones and has no plans to.
Yeah bullshit. Combat can happen and multiple people have said that Anderson wants both Jones and gsp. Nice try. Phone Post

lol, yeah right. Please source where Anderson said when and where he wants to fight Jones, which is what I said he's never done.

Combat can happen. For half the UFC and an unreachable catch weight (192lbs, which he meekly threw out for fear Jones may accept anything higher). Those aren't the words of someone actively working to make a fight happen.
So now you need a when and where? Changing the goalposts much?

When his manager says other things you grasp onto them as Silva's own words, but when his manager says he wants to fight Jones its bullshit to you right?

Or when Dana says he just got out of meetings with Anderson and Ed, and says Anderson wwants the Jones fight, that's bullshit too? Phone Post

Changing the goalposts? Not at all; you're the one who avoided the question and interpreted it to fit your liking. I'm not surprised you would twist a "combat can happen" quote into Silva somehow wanting the fight while ignoring every past statement by him repeatedly and emphatically stating the opposite.

And I don't think there's a single source out there you could find where either Silva or Ed Soares have ever said he wants to fight Jon Jones. Go ahead and look again but I'll be shocked if you can find one.

And Dana? He's a promoter who's primary agenda is convincing fans he's giving them the fights they want to see. What's he supposed to say when media badger him about this fight? It's not by design that hypothetical dates and scenarios are the only things happening so far.
6/22/13 12:14 AM
da Vinci 81
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And lay'n pray, when exactly do you think this Silva-Jones fight will happen? You seem so positive Silva wants it I'm curious what exactly you think he's waiting for??

Once again he'll have no interesting contenders left if he beats Weidman just like after the second Sonnen fight so are you expecting him to finally call out Jones then?
6/22/13 4:14 AM
random_muppett
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrunkenKangarooZ - GSP seems to be helping Weidman to beat Silva, so if Weidman beats Silva, Silva wouldn't have to fight GSP.. Like GSP said it wouldn't make sense to fight Silva because he lost... Blah blah n etc

Do you think GSP is investing heavy in time, money, trainers, w.e for Weidman to beat Silva so that GSP wouldn't have to fight Silva after?

Seems like tactical ( and scared ) plan from GSP to me Phone Post 3.0
Not sure if serious Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 6:31 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Herman Munster -

GSP doesn't need to invest in Weidman at all.  Anderson knows where he can find GSP.  170 lbs.  He stated he can make the weight, but will not challenge himself to do so.  This is all on Anderson.

Lmao at this troll. GSP made claims of it being his goal in MMA to move up to MW and take the belt all the way back in 2008. Since then every time he has won a title defense it has been one of a thousand excuses.

Needs time to bulk up (4 years ago)
Needs to check with his managers, coaches, mom, priest, life coach, etc.
Needs to break Hughes records (done already)
"Needed" to fight undeserving Diaz

Etc etc etc

Andy used to laugh at the idea of GSP trying to fight him. He only started showing interest when the PPV numbers for GSP became huge. Andy then started offering catchweight, so poor GSP didn't need to "bulk up'....but that wasn't good enough. Phone Post
Andy also said he would go to 170 and hasn't.

Goals change...

And if Andy calls gsp out he should drop to 170 for it. I don't see a reason for gsp to have to meet him half way or at 85 if its silva asking for the fight.

And before you go all nuthugger I think Anderson wins a 5 round fight with gsp. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 7:35 AM
Oontyex
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice -
DrunkenKangarooZ - GSP seems to be helping Weidman to beat Silva, so if Weidman beats Silva, Silva wouldn't have to fight GSP.. Like GSP said it wouldn't make sense to fight Silva because he lost... Blah blah n etc

Do you think GSP is investing heavy in time, money, trainers, w.e for Weidman to beat Silva so that GSP wouldn't have to fight Silva after?

Where is GSP mandated to fight Silva now? No body has to do shit, so I don't believe this tin foil cranial cap has legs. Phone Post
Hmm
The guy who's on the heavy end of the division 1 weight below the #1 p4p, who wants to be considered the best ever (and therefore wants to be considered the #1 p4p ahead of the guy 1 weight division up)
What possibly would them fighting each other resolve?
Mmmmmmm hmmm I'm struggling with this

Why would anyone want to see the number 1 and 2 best fighters of the generation fight each other . Oh this question is so difficult Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 7:47 AM
Oontyex
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice -

Where is GSP mandated to fight Silva now? No body has to do shit, so I don't believe this tin foil cranial cap has legs. Phone Post
Hmm
The guy who's on the heavy end of the division 1 weight below the #1 p4p, who wants to be considered the best ever (and therefore wants to be considered the #1 p4p ahead of the guy 1 weight division up)
What possibly would them fighting each other resolve?
Mmmmmmm hmmm I'm struggling with this

Why would anyone want to see the number 1 and 2 best fighters of the generation fight each other . Oh this question is so difficult Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 7:55 AM
Entreri

They are friends, what else is he going to say?

GSP has the perfect tools to beat Silva, if they were of similar size. LnP.

Jones with his wrestling and size advantage, Silva would be in trouble. However, besides Jones, no other LHW has any chance against Silva. A few HW's can also LnP a decision win.
6/22/13 9:26 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - And lay'n pray, when exactly do you think this Silva-Jones fight will happen? You seem so positive Silva wants it I'm curious what exactly you think he's waiting for??

Once again he'll have no interesting contenders left if he beats Weidman just like after the second Sonnen fight so are you expecting him to finally call out Jones then?
So if I source ed saying they want the Jones fight you will admit you're full of shit?

You did change the goal posts and it is obvious in our quote box. First you say they never said they wanted Jones. Then you demand a quote with a when any where...

If they are to fight, you have to remember that Jones has to be okay with it too. Jones has also said he didn't want it in the past, but like Anderson and Co. has more recently said it can happen.

If the fight goes down it needs to be after both win their next fight. Possibly new years if they are injury free. There are a lot of politics and money involved as well. Zuffa may not want it right away so that one if them doesn't have a loss...

Who knows for sure. What I do know is that Anderson's camp has said they want it, and Dana has said they have asked for it, so you're little deflection of GSP avoiding Anderson by claiming Anderson wants nothing to with Jones holds no weight. Phone Post
6/22/13 9:29 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Herman Munster -

GSP doesn't need to invest in Weidman at all.  Anderson knows where he can find GSP.  170 lbs.  He stated he can make the weight, but will not challenge himself to do so.  This is all on Anderson.

Lmao at this troll. GSP made claims of it being his goal in MMA to move up to MW and take the belt all the way back in 2008. Since then every time he has won a title defense it has been one of a thousand excuses.

Etc etc etc

Andy used to laugh at the idea of GSP trying to fight him. He only started showing interest when the PPV numbers for GSP became huge. Andy then started offering catchweight, so poor GSP didn't need to "bulk up'....but that wasn't good enough. Phone Post

Goals change...

And if Andy calls gsp out he should drop to 170 for it. I don't see a reason for gsp to have to meet him half way or at 85 if its silva asking for the fight.

And before you go all nuthugger I think Anderson wins a 5 round fight with gsp. Phone Post 3.0
Andy said he would, and was all set up to do it after ufc 112. Dana and Rogan both said the fight would.happen during that ppv, and GSP was in the crowd.

Then the maia fight happened, Dana lost his shit and said Anderson could "never" fight outside 185 unless he vacated his belt, making 170 not an option. Phone Post
6/22/13 9:35 AM
vincan469
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op you have to loosen that tinfoil a smidgen.

this is more of how much Dana has invested and trying to polish this turd of a fight to a high gold gloss. he probably asked gsp to help with promotion.
6/22/13 10:35 AM
King Mo fan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

George is saving all his money for the WAR Ppv tonight so he can win those gloves Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 11:14 AM
DrunkenKangarooZ

vincan469 - Op you have to loosen that tinfoil a smidgen.

this is more of how much Dana has invested and trying to polish this turd of a fight to a high gold gloss. he probably asked gsp to help with promotion.
From Dana's point of view that's bad business... Why invest in Weidman to win
When if Silva Loses,, There won't be a
GSP VS SILVA and one of r bigger fights in UFC history Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 11:41 AM
RileyPust

DrunkenKangarooZ - 

Because his job, first and foremost, is to sell the next fight.
6/22/13 1:13 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 - And lay'n pray, when exactly do you think this Silva-Jones fight will happen? You seem so positive Silva wants it I'm curious what exactly you think he's waiting for??

So if I source ed saying they want the Jones fight you will admit you're full of shit?

You did change the goal posts and it is obvious in our quote box. First you say they never said they wanted Jones. Then you demand a quote with a when any where...

If they are to fight, you have to remember that Jones has to be okay with it too. Jones has also said he didn't want it in the past, but like Anderson and Co. has more recently said it can happen.

If the fight goes down it needs to be after both win their next fight. Possibly new years if they are injury free. There are a lot of politics and money involved as well. Zuffa may not want it right away so that one if them doesn't have a loss...

Who knows for sure. What I do know is that Anderson's camp has said they want it, and Dana has said they have asked for it, so you're little deflection of GSP avoiding Anderson by claiming Anderson wants nothing to with Jones holds no weight. Phone Post

"So if I source ed saying they want the Jones fight you will admit you're full of shit?"

No, because my original post was saying Anderson has never said he wanted to fight Jones. Like I said, I don't think Soares has ever said that either, so go ahead and post a source of him saying it.

"You did change the goal posts and it is obvious in our quote box. First you say they never said they wanted Jones. Then you demand a quote with a when any where..."

No, once again my first post was that Anderson - not THEY - has NEVER said he wants to fight Jon Jones. Are you blind or can you just not read??

"If they are to fight, you have to remember that Jones has to be okay with it too. Jones has also said he didn't want it in the past, but like Anderson and Co. has more recently said it can happen."

No, Jones does not have to be ok with it. If Silva moved to 205 it wouldn't matter what Jones thinks; he either fights him or gets stripped of the belt, which is highly unlikely. If Silva really wanted this fight he could have it tomorrow by moving up.
6/22/13 1:23 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Herman Munster -

Etc etc etc

Goals change...

Andy said he would, and was all set up to do it after ufc 112. Dana and Rogan both said the fight would.happen during that ppv, and GSP was in the crowd.

Then the maia fight happened, Dana lost his shit and said Anderson could "never" fight outside 185 unless he vacated his belt, making 170 not an option. Phone Post

Hilarious but not surprising you would cling to a three year old quote by Dana during a heated press conference and twist it to fight your agenda here.

And considering Silva JUST fought outside of 185 against Bonnar and shockingly didn't have to vacate his title should disprove your idiotic theory that he could "never" fight outside 185 without vacating his belt.

Not to mention the fact that the very notion of a catch weight is still forcing Silva outside of 185 which means any catch weight he proposes with either GSP or Jones would force him to be stripped as well. So Silva himself doesn't seem to mind now does he?

And added to that is Dana's own words where he says a fight with GSP at 170 would probably not be for the title and it should be pretty clear Dana's press conference rant holds little weight today:

'Dana White Says if Silva & St. Pierre Fight at 170, Would “Probably Not” be For Title'

http://www.cagepotato.com/dana-white-says-if-silva-st-pierre-fight-at-170-would-probably-not-be-for-title/

Although knowing you you'll probably still claim that Dana would strip Silva of the 185 title and let him beat GSP at 170 for no title so he's left with no championship at all. Right??
6/22/13 1:34 PM
da Vinci 81

And please, go ahead and tell me how the fight with Bonnar was under special circumstances for a one-time exception but creating the biggest fight in MMA history with either GSP or Jones wouldn't qualify as a special circumstance too.
6/22/13 1:56 PM
DrunkenKangarooZ

RileyPust -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 

Selling fights and investing for Weidman to win are 2 different things..

But your totally right! he rather invest to have Weidman win rather than make the biggest super fight ever

I get u Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 1:56 PM
rwake

I'd argue that gsp is more scared to fight silva than silva is to fight jones.

Gsp relies on overpowering opponents vi lnp and a good jab. He won't be able to do that to silva who has beaten stronger grapplers and can finish the fight at almost any time standing.

There's potential for silva to be overpowered by jones via grappling but he could still knock out jones standing.

I don't really think either fight is ever going to happen. Silva will likely retire in the next 2-3 years. If anybody should move up weight its jones as he's cleaned out the division and is huge. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 2:07 PM
RileyPust

DrunkenKangarooZ - 
RileyPust -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 

Selling fights and investing for Weidman to win are 2 different things..

But your totally right! he rather invest to have Weidman win rather than make the biggest super fight ever

I get u Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, they ARE two different things. Fortunately only one of those things is actually happening. Any perceived "investment" in Weidman is an attempt to sell the next fight. He's not paying GSP to train with him, he's not paying for Chris Weidman's training camp. Explain how Dana is investing in him to win? I personally doubt he told Chris to train with GSP, but that would absolutely help him sell the fight. The average fan sees him training with one of the best in the world and suddenly it looks like a fight. You're just being silly.
6/22/13 2:31 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - And please, go ahead and tell me how the fight with Bonnar was under special circumstances for a one-time exception but creating the biggest fight in MMA history with either GSP or Jones wouldn't qualify as a special circumstance too.
Sounds like you don't need me to explain it, and you have a grasp on what a super short notice fight against bonnar meant to help the ufc and fight in front of Brazil. :-)

You can do what you want to pretend GSP hasn't been avoiding the fight he claimed he wanted for 5 years now. Everyone who has followed MMA closely knows the truth.

GSP wants nothing to.do with that fight. Andy knows its an easy fight with a HUGE paycheck. Phone Post
6/22/13 2:39 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Also, who the fuck cares if the fight at 170 would have been for the title or not? Anderson was ready to do it. GSP was at the fight. Dana put the kabosh on it.

Your hero has had every excuse in the book for not taking the Andy fight. Even when compromises were offered over and over.

Further, you repeat your agenda over and over. When you want to to be fact, what Anderson/ed/Dana say is fact to you. When they say things that don't look good for you agenda, then it is all bullshit.

Your bias is showing. Bumble bee tuna. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.