UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How much did GSP invest in Chris Weidman

6/22/13 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
idsmashit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP beat Silva it would be a 5 rd bore fest and he'd stand above the greatest MMA fighter ever in Anderson id hate to see the fight made and rather the UFC go for Silvs Vs Jones.
6/22/13 3:24 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 - And please, go ahead and tell me how the fight with Bonnar was under special circumstances for a one-time exception but creating the biggest fight in MMA history with either GSP or Jones wouldn't qualify as a special circumstance too.
Sounds like you don't need me to explain it, and you have a grasp on what a super short notice fight against bonnar meant to help the ufc and fight in front of Brazil. :-)

You can do what you want to pretend GSP hasn't been avoiding the fight he claimed he wanted for 5 years now. Everyone who has followed MMA closely knows the truth.

GSP wants nothing to.do with that fight. Andy knows its an easy fight with a HUGE paycheck. Phone Post
Lol your argument for silva wanting to fight bones completely falls apart and now you resort back to the "gsp scared of silva" agenda you constantly push.

Hilarious. I point out an "either or" scenario for silva not having to relinquish his title and you ignore that completely and rant on about gsp as usual. Typical. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 3:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Explain how my argument fell apart for Anderson wanting bones?

You're such a little kid. Every single recent (past 6months) comments from Dana Ed etc has been that Anderson DOES want to fight bones.

You have nothing at all recent saying he doesn't.

Yet somehow in your tiny little brain those comments are phony, and the comments from Ed a year ago = truth????

You're not very good at this. Phone Post
6/22/13 3:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

As far as your Dana quote where he says "probably" not for the title:

I swear just a few posts ago you claimed that Dana is a promoter and his comments mean nothing (when it suited your agenda)...????

So which is it? Either Dana is to be believed, or he is full of shit. Can't bend it both ways to suit your agenda.

That whole "go to 170 if you want GSP" agenda is complete horseshit and you know it. GSP is the one who claimed to want to move up.....then completely changed his tune when it was time to step up to the plate....

Its only GSPs defenders who all of a sudden demand Anderson go down to 170. Comical dicktuck. Phone Post
6/22/13 3:43 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Also, who the fuck cares if the fight at 170 would have been for the title or not? Anderson was ready to do it. GSP was at the fight. Dana put the kabosh on it.

Your hero has had every excuse in the book for not taking the Andy fight. Even when compromises were offered over and over.

Further, you repeat your agenda over and over. When you want to to be fact, what Anderson/ed/Dana say is fact to you. When they say things that don't look good for you agenda, then it is all bullshit.

Your bias is showing. Bumble bee tuna. Phone Post
So are you still sticking by what Dana said three years ago that silva can't leave 185 without having to vacate his title?

Because you're the one saying he would need to give up his title because of what Dana said, not me. I'm simply pointing out why it's unlikely he would have to using your own "because Dana said so" criteria.

Seriously, it's like everything has to be explained twice to you before you get it. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 3:46 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Explain how my argument fell apart for Anderson wanting bones?

You're such a little kid. Every single recent (past 6months) comments from Dana Ed etc has been that Anderson DOES want to fight bones.

Yet somehow in your tiny little brain those comments are phony, and the comments from Ed a year ago = truth????

Because you have no argument. Your very first post was stating that he wants the fight because silva, Ed, and Dana all said so.

Meanwhile you can't find a single source to back that up from silva or soares and Dana's words can only be taken at face value. So you even pay attention to what you rant on about sometimes. I swear it's like arguing with an autistic child with you. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 3:47 PM
da Vinci 81

*do you even Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 4:03 PM
UltraViolentRay
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, i think it is simply because John Danaher is Weidmans corner man and that connection is why Georges thinks he will win. Nothing too crazy or conspiratorial IMO.
6/22/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Also, who the fuck cares if the fight at 170 would have been for the title or not? Anderson was ready to do it. GSP was at the fight. Dana put the kabosh on it.

Your hero has had every excuse in the book for not taking the Andy fight. Even when compromises were offered over and over.

Further, you repeat your agenda over and over. When you want to to be fact, what Anderson/ed/Dana say is fact to you. When they say things that don't look good for you agenda, then it is all bullshit.

So are you still sticking by what Dana said three years ago that silva can't leave 185 without having to vacate his title?

Because you're the one saying he would need to give up his title because of what Dana said, not me. I'm simply pointing out why it's unlikely he would have to using your own "because Dana said so" criteria.

Seriously, it's like everything has to be explained twice to you before you get it. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sticking by why it didn't happen BACK THEN genius. That maia fight is the reason it didn't happen. Dana had a little cry baby fest after the fight and it didn't happen.

None of that disputes the point you tuck on over and over:

GSP is the one who claimed it was his goal in MMA to move UP and face the MW champ.....and hen spent 5 years making excuses, forcing Silva to offer lower weights....where he still made excuses. Phone Post
6/22/13 4:21 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Explain how my argument fell apart for Anderson wanting bones?

Because you have no argument. Your very first post was stating that he wants the fight because silva, Ed, and Dana all said so.

Meanwhile you can't find a single source to back that up from silva or soares and Dana's words can only be taken at face value. So you even pay attention to what you rant on about sometimes. I swear it's like arguing with an autistic child with you. Phone Post 3.0
I can EASILY find you sources for Ed saying that the Jones fight is what they want. You know that and I know that.

That's why back a few pages you immediately changes the goalpost and asked for a source that included "when and where"....

The problem is I am a grown up and am working and posting from my phone. Ill source Ed for you tomorrow when I have a day off and a computer that doesn't block this forum. Phone Post
6/22/13 4:48 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -

I'm sticking by why it didn't happen BACK THEN genius. That maia fight is the reason it didn't happen. Dana had a little cry baby fest after the fight and it didn't happen.

None of that disputes the point you tuck on over and over:

GSP is the one who claimed it was his goal in MMA to move UP and face the MW champ.....and hen spent 5 years making excuses, forcing Silva to offer lower weights....where he still made excuses. Phone Post
"Then the maia fight happened, Dana lost his shit and said Anderson could "never" fight outside 185 unless he vacated his belt, making 170 not an option. "

Your own quote from up above which you seemingly forgot you even wrote. Now you're the one "changing the goalposts" by claiming it was only relevant three years ago and has no bearing on today?? Hilarious! So in your eyes 170 is now an option for silva to move to without vacating his MW title? A simple question that should take a simple answer. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 4:57 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Yes, now it seems Anderson should be able to.fight wherever he wants as long as its not for a title.

Now your turn.

Why is it you feel, along with all the other GSP apologists, that Anderson should have to cut all.the way to 170 for GSP, when it was GSP originally making the claims that his goal was to move UP for the MW belt?

Why is a catchweight of 178 not good enough when GSP is 190 in the cage?

Why has GSP come up with 45242748563 excuses for why he is not willing to go after his own "goal" in MMA? Phone Post
6/22/13 4:58 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Ill answer for you since you dicktuck every time I ask:

GSP wants nothing to do with Anderson Silva. No matter what. Phone Post
6/22/13 4:59 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -

I can EASILY find you sources for Ed saying that the Jones fight is what they want. You know that and I know that.

That's why back a few pages you immediately changes the goalpost and asked for a source that included "when and where"....

The problem is I am a grown up and am working and posting from my phone. Ill source Ed for you tomorrow when I have a day off and a computer that doesn't block this forum. Phone Post
Good.

And I asked you to post it because that's exactly what I said they haven't done. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 5:07 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Yes, now it seems Anderson should be able to.fight wherever he wants as long as its not for a title.

Now your turn.

Why is it you feel, along with all the other GSP apologists, that Anderson should have to cut all.the way to 170 for GSP, when it was GSP originally making the claims that his goal was to move UP for the MW belt?

Why is a catchweight of 178 not good enough when GSP is 190 in the cage?

Why has GSP come up with 45242748563 excuses for why he is not willing to go after his own "goal" in MMA? Phone Post
Because gsp said in the past he had a goal of one day winning the MW championship, not fighting Anderson silva. Those are two different statements regardless of who holds the belt then or now. If silva loses to Weidman do you think gsp will be after a fight with silva? No, because he wouldn't be the champ. It's the same reason I don't expect him to take a catch weight because he wouldn't be fighting for a title.

Anderson on the other hand has taken to calling out gsp specifically. I think he even said before the condit fight he would still want to fight him even if he lost. So silva - widely considered to good for anyone at MW to challenge him - is opting to call out a fighter smaller than him. And yet when talks of jones pop up silva wants nothing to do with the dominant, larger fighter who most would rather see him face. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 5:10 PM
da Vinci 81

And he should cut to 170 because he's the one making the call out. It's bizarre to think you call someone out and then ask them to make the provisions for the fight to happen.

It's the same reason you don't hear bones calling silva out, imo. He's a LHWand it would look cowardly to call out the smaller MW fighter and ask them to move up in weight so that you can fight them. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 5:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lmfao@ your desperation.

That gave me a good chuckle kid. Anderson has been the champ the ENTIRE time since GSP's claim of wanting to move up and take the belt?

He has had every excuse in the book NOT to do it. Probably hoping that Anderson loses or retires or gets his AARP card and fights with a walker....LOL

The fans wanted this fight for 5 years, GSP claimed it was his goal in MMA. Anderson used to laugh at it. Now that Anderson finally starts saying he is willing, @38 years old, the GSP apologists cling desperately to forcing him to go all the way to 170....

Is this real life? You guys are cute. Phone Post
6/22/13 5:52 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/22/13 5:55 PM

Guys, Dana said only a few months ago that it may happen @ 170 & he questioned if it should be for the belt as he felt AS would not fight WW beyond that. No need to go way back at all.

I hope AS leaves him alone, GSP does not want the fight and never has. If AS wants the fight he'll have to do it @ 170.

AS may be warming up to the fight with JBJ after saying "there is no way" (as well as other quotes against it). Iirc it can be sourced (his camp I mean) that he's warming up. Only hope it's real.
6/22/13 6:27 PM
DrunkenKangarooZ

RileyPust -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 
RileyPust -
DrunkenKangarooZ - 
vincan469 - Op you have to loosen that tinfoil a smidgen.

this is more of how much Dana has invested and trying to polish this turd of a fight to a high gold gloss. he probably asked gsp to help with promotion.
From Dana's point of view that's bad business... Why invest in Weidman to win
When if Silva Loses,, There won't be a
GSP VS SILVA and one of r bigger fights in UFC history Phone Post 3.0

Because his job, first and foremost, is to sell the next fight.
Selling fights and investing for Weidman to win are 2 different things..

But your totally right! he rather invest to have Weidman win rather than make the biggest super fight ever

I get u Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, they ARE two different things. Fortunately only one of those things is actually happening. Any perceived "investment" in Weidman is an attempt to sell the next fight. He's not paying GSP to train with him, he's not paying for Chris Weidman's training camp. Explain how Dana is investing in him to win? I personally doubt he told Chris to train with GSP, but that would absolutely help him sell the fight. The average fan sees him training with one of the best in the world and suddenly it looks like a fight. You're just being silly.
I never said Dana did, I said GSP bruh Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 6:34 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"From Dana's point of view that's bad business... Why invest in Weidman to win" bruh. GSP is training with a big strong wrestler with big knockout power. He also happens to be fighting a big strong wrestler with knockout power next. Avoiding Anderson must be his motivation. I get u.
6/22/13 9:19 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Lmfao@ your desperation.

That gave me a good chuckle kid. Anderson has been the champ the ENTIRE time since GSP's claim of wanting to move up and take the belt?

He has had every excuse in the book NOT to do it. Probably hoping that Anderson loses or retires or gets his AARP card and fights with a walker....LOL

The fans wanted this fight for 5 years, GSP claimed it was his goal in MMA. Anderson used to laugh at it. Now that Anderson finally starts saying he is willing, @38 years old, the GSP apologists cling desperately to forcing him to go all the way to 170....

We are saying that he should cut to 170 because HE'S calling gsp out. If George were to call him out it would make sense for the fight to happen at 185.

I do not understand how this is a hard concept for you to understand. But I will use another example.

Cyborg calls out Ronda, Ronda says she will take the fight but at her weight. Saying you don't call out the champ for a different weigh class.

If Anderson wants George it is at 170.

If George wants Anderson it's at 185. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 9:20 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -

We are saying that he should cut to 170 because HE'S calling gsp out. If George were to call him out it would make sense for the fight to happen at 185.

I do not understand how this is a hard concept for you to understand. But I will use another example.

Cyborg calls out Ronda, Ronda says she will take the fight but at her weight. Saying you don't call out the champ for a different weigh class.

Also Anderson himself said he's fought at 170 on the past and could do it again. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 9:23 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It shouldn't be at either weight in my opinion unless one of them wants the other guy's belt. If GSP wants to be MW champ then he's right... he should do it the right way, bulk up and go to MW. Same thing if Anderson wants the WW belt. But if it's just the fight and the payday on the line, meet at a catchweight.
6/22/13 11:13 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Its just comical that GSP started the talk of wanting to fight Silva (the MW belt holder), Anderson used to laugh at it. Fans aask for the fight for years, the whole time it is being asked for its always MW. Finally Anderson is on board, but now GSP and his fans think Anderson should have to move down....

Its a comical.back tracking from what all the fans wanted for years, and the claim GSP made in 2008.

You guys justify with the pathetic excuse that GSP didn't use Anderson's name in 2008 so its not the same. Bullshit. Anderson was the champ then, and ever since.

You're right though, totally makes sense to force the bigger guy of the two to cut even more weight, as opposed to the 190lb GSP just cutting 7-8 lbs less and meeting in the middle. Totally logical and fair there guys. Phone Post
6/22/13 11:14 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Also Anderson himself said he's fought at 170 on the past and could do it again. Phone Post 3.0
So what? Its a fucking superfight between the two best P4P fighters who are 15lbs apart at weigh ins, and 10 pounds apart in the cage.

Why wouldn't they just meet in the middle? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.