UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How much did GSP invest in Chris Weidman

6/23/13 1:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah and Jones doesn't need to move up because there is.....oh wait....um yeah....um Alexander and Glover?....um...

Your posts make me laugh so hard. At you not with you. Phone Post
6/23/13 1:10 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Look at the guys ranked 2 through 5 at 170 and look at the guys ranked 2 through 5 at 185. Take away the respective champs of each division, which division do you like better? If you say 185 you have no credibility and should refrain from ever posting on an MMA message board
"Which division do you like better?" is a completely subjective question based on opinions. Keep changing the goal posts though.... Phone Post

How am I changing the goal posts? It is directly related to level of competition. Also, everything is completely subjective. None of this is black and white. All we know is neither guy loses in their respective divisions. If you care to take the time to go through win/loss percentages of their respective opponents since becoming champs you are welcome to do so but you won't like what you find
Wait so now you're flopping back to records? I thought it was PPV draw? Make up your mind... Phone Post
6/23/13 1:10 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  So to clarify, you feel champs should have to move up to prove themselves if they are in a division where the top contenders are not PPV draws.

Sound logic. Phone Post

For the most part yes. The better fighters tend to be the biggest draws, I feel like I am playing connect the dots with a 1st grader. You really have a hard time with this
6/23/13 1:13 PM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Look at the guys ranked 2 through 5 at 170 and look at the guys ranked 2 through 5 at 185. Take away the respective champs of each division, which division do you like better? If you say 185 you have no credibility and should refrain from ever posting on an MMA message board
"Which division do you like better?" is a completely subjective question based on opinions. Keep changing the goal posts though.... Phone Post

How am I changing the goal posts? It is directly related to level of competition. Also, everything is completely subjective. None of this is black and white. All we know is neither guy loses in their respective divisions. If you care to take the time to go through win/loss percentages of their respective opponents since becoming champs you are welcome to do so but you won't like what you find
Wait so now you're flopping back to records? I thought it was PPV draw? Make up your mind... Phone Post

Yes because guys who never win have huge draws, there will always be a strong correlation with big draws and good fighter records. Are there exceptions? yes, but those exceptions hurt you more than help you because as you said 2 of these guys are at 185 with Chael and Bisping who are not draws based on records but on promoting and personality reasons as well as a British following for Bisping.

6/23/13 1:15 PM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Yeah and Jones doesn't need to move up because there is.....oh wait....um yeah....um Alexander and Glover?....um...

Jones has already faced better competition in the last 2-3 years than SIlva faced in his UFC career. He doesn't have to do anything else, he could retire today and be seen as someone who dominated amazing fighters. Silva would be seen as someone who dominated mediocre fighters with the occasional above average to good fighter
6/23/13 1:19 PM

LNP you will outwork me on this thread and outpost me as you always do, but just as always, you were wrong and I was right. Troll on
6/23/13 2:01 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - LNP you will outwork me on this thread and outpost me as you always do, but just as always, you were wrong and I was right. Troll on
Just let it go man. You won't win with lnp. All the guy does is regurgitate the same few sentences to make himself look intelligent. He works harder at trying to force a personal opinion on gsp's size pre and in cage to make it look closer than it is. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 3:26 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ layn'pray and his desperation in this thread.

He ignores everyone's points about calling out one particular fighter compared to wanting to win a title and stamps his feet like a child repeating himself endlessly hoping he can claim some small victory through sheer post count. What a pathetic poster.
6/23/13 3:30 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Explain how my argument fell apart for Anderson wanting bones?

You're such a little kid. Every single recent (past 6months) comments from Dana Ed etc has been that Anderson DOES want to fight bones.

You have nothing at all recent saying he doesn't.

Yet somehow in your tiny little brain those comments are phony, and the comments from Ed a year ago = truth????

You're not very good at this. Phone Post
Because you have no argument. Your very first post was stating that he wants the fight because silva, Ed, and Dana all said so.

Meanwhile you can't find a single source to back that up from silva or soares and Dana's words can only be taken at face value. So you even pay attention to what you rant on about sometimes. I swear it's like arguing with an autistic child with you. Phone Post 3.0
I can EASILY find you sources for Ed saying that the Jones fight is what they want. You know that and I know that.

That's why back a few pages you immediately changes the goalpost and asked for a source that included "when and where"....

The problem is I am a grown up and am working and posting from my phone. Ill source Ed for you tomorrow when I have a day off and a computer that doesn't block this forum. Phone Post
Good.

And I asked you to post it because that's exactly what I said they haven't done. Phone Post 3.0

Still waiting for your sources you so "easily" can find.

You should have had ample time by now considering the effort you've put into this thread responding to everyone.
6/23/13 3:45 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

da Vinci 81 -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Explain how my argument fell apart for Anderson wanting bones?

You're such a little kid. Every single recent (past 6months) comments from Dana Ed etc has been that Anderson DOES want to fight bones.

Yet somehow in your tiny little brain those comments are phony, and the comments from Ed a year ago = truth????

Because you have no argument. Your very first post was stating that he wants the fight because silva, Ed, and Dana all said so.

Meanwhile you can't find a single source to back that up from silva or soares and Dana's words can only be taken at face value. So you even pay attention to what you rant on about sometimes. I swear it's like arguing with an autistic child with you. Phone Post 3.0
I can EASILY find you sources for Ed saying that the Jones fight is what they want. You know that and I know that.

That's why back a few pages you immediately changes the goalpost and asked for a source that included "when and where"....

The problem is I am a grown up and am working and posting from my phone. Ill source Ed for you tomorrow when I have a day off and a computer that doesn't block this forum. Phone Post
Good.

And I asked you to post it because that's exactly what I said they haven't done. Phone Post 3.0

You should have had ample time by now considering the effort you've put into this thread responding to everyone.
To be fair. He's only responding to the posts that he can use his generic responses to. So I'm not suprised he didn't provide any extra information you requested. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 4:07 PM
da Vinci 81

I don't expect him to respond with any information. If he actually had a source he would have posted it long ago and started his own thread to prove to everyone that silva actually wants the fight.

Most likely he'll try to throw some stipulation out before answering to avoid the question and revert back to whining about gsp like he always does when he starts losing an argument. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 4:20 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Yeah and Jones doesn't need to move up because there is.....oh wait....um yeah....um Alexander and Glover?....um...

Jones has already faced better competition in the last 2-3 years than SIlva faced in his UFC career. He doesn't have to do anything else, he could retire today and be seen as someone who dominated amazing fighters. Silva would be seen as someone who dominated mediocre fighters with the occasional above average to good fighter
This post alone is all anyone needs to read to know how.ignorant your opinions are. Holy shit. I really wish my blocking of idiotic posters worked on my phone application. What a waste of my time. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -

Good.

Still posting from my phone kiddo. Ilk be home to laundry in an hour. Since apparently typing in "ed spares interview Jon Jones" on Google is too tough.

Ed has said it, Dana has said it, and Anderson has said he is open to it. But of course Dana saying things only counts as truth when you want it to.... Phone Post
6/23/13 4:39 PM
da Vinci 81

Googling that brings up an Ed soares interview by Karen Bryant where he does
not say at all Anderson wants to fight jones. In fact he downplays the scenario when Karen asks about the catch weight rumour because he's not about to put words in Anderson's mouth. Try again.

But I won't be surprised in the least if your dumb ass tries to pass that off as proof but I'll wait and see regardless. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 5:54 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - LNP you will outwork me on this thread and outpost me as you always do, but just as always, you were wrong and I was right. Troll on
Just let it go man. You won't win with lnp. All the guy does is regurgitate the same few sentences to make himself look intelligent. He works harder at trying to force a personal opinion on gsp's size pre and in cage to make it look closer than it is. Phone Post 3.0

What part of GSP being 190 in the cage is my "personal opinion"? That is all I have mentioned of his size in this thread. 

6/23/13 6:06 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

The Brool Story Company - 

people were calling for GSP vs Andy Silver LONG BEFORE Jones was even Top 25........Anderson just got too GOATy for GSP

Lol the fight was brought up before Jon jones had his first professional match.
6/23/13 6:09 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Not Ed, but his trainer speaking to the fight, translated pretty poorly:

""After that fight against the Chris Weidman, perhaps be the Jones in New York and we are going to prepare he.  The people never chose fighter.  But he always pondered because has the right of want a better fight.  But I like to see that fight against the Jones yes.  I find that the Anderson deserves, to for put an end that history that he is not the best fighter.  He already caught everything that is coarse shell of the 84kg, did not catch chicken in the 93kg, but I find that he still has that firewood for burn against the Jones.  We want to see that as last fights of him in the career.  He earns(wins) and retires".  

From Tatame

Title of article translates to:

Technician affirms:  'Anderson has firewood for burn against Jon Jones'

Not seeing Ed directly saying it though. Congrats. You win.....for now....

6/23/13 6:26 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - LOL @ layn'pray and his desperation in this thread.

He ignores everyone's points about calling out one particular fighter compared to wanting to win a title and stamps his feet like a child repeating himself endlessly hoping he can claim some small victory through sheer post count. What a pathetic poster.

That is not a "point" you gus are making in this context. GSP stated his goal was to move up and fight the MW champion and win. That "MW Champion" was, and has been only ONE man for the past 6+ years. 

Using the "Point" that Anderson used a name, instead of calling out a fighters belt, as your excuse for why it should be at 170, is comedy gold. The fighter between the two of them, that started ALL the buzz/hype of this fight ever happening, was GSP. He started it by saying his goal was to move UP. Up. This got all the fans in a frenzy talking about the fight...GSP fans claimed he would smash Andy on the ground, and that he would be stronger than ever without cutting all the weight, etc...

Those arguments back then were ALWAYS about the fight itself, not the weight. The discussions were always with the pretense of it being at 185 for the belt. 

Then the excuses started coming from the GSP side. Everything possible. As Anderson continued to smash everyone and everything in his way there was more and more back pedalling. 'Needs to bulk up properly for 7 years', 'need to break Matt's records' (done), 'need to check with sponsors, coaches,' etc....

Anderson finally shows interest but now GSP wants none of it. So Anderson offers CatchWeight. Nope, GSP's not 'ready' or whatever. Okay, Anderson offers to go all the way to 170....GSP cannot run from 170. Shit goes down with Maia and the fight is off. Oh well.

Anderson almost loses to Chael, and GSP's comments almost take a turn towards a yes to Anderson, but alas, not happening. Anderson is in the last couple years of his career now, and approaching 40 years old now. He still wants the superfight with GSP, but GSP still wants none of it. Anderson offers a catchweight yet again, NOPE. His fans now argue to the death that Anderson is 234 pounds and should be a HW...lol. 

Now it is so clear GSP wants none  of it, and his fans just cannot except that, so they resort to your current "point" that because Anderson used GSP's actual name, after 5 years of being asked about the fight that GSP asked for first, he is the one who should cut all the way down to 170? This is why your opinion gets laughed at by anyone being reasonable. The concept of this fight EVER happening in the first place was brought on in 2008 and built momentum from there, because of GSP claiming to want to move UP. 

6/23/13 6:27 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 
The Brool Story Company - 

people were calling for GSP vs Andy Silver LONG BEFORE Jones was even Top 25........Anderson just got too GOATy for GSP

Lol the fight was brought up before Jon jones had his first professional match.

Yep and it was brought up and discussed the most, right when GSP announced his goal in MMA was to move up to MW and get that belt....

6/23/13 7:26 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

This post alone is all anyone needs to read to know how.ignorant your opinions are. Holy shit. I really wish my blocking of idiotic posters worked on my phone application. What a waste of my time. Phone Post

Machida, Page, Shogun, Evans

Which 4 UFC fighters are matching up to these?

It is acknowledged that his run in 2011 is one of the best ever.
6/23/13 9:17 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Machida, Page, Shogun, Evans

Which 4 UFC fighters are matching up to these?

It is acknowledged that his run in 2011 is one of the best ever.
Page and shogun at that point in their careers get vastly overrated. Especially rampage.
Just saying those four names sounds super impressive, and it IS super impressive no doubt. But leta not pretend this is page/shogun of 2005-7.

Those four names do not offset the entire career of Anderson Silva though. Don't be silly. After those four names what is left? A pair of MWs that Anderson is 3-0 against? Phone Post
6/23/13 11:00 PM
da Vinci 81

da Vinci 81 - I don't expect him to respond with any information. If he actually had a source he would have posted it long ago and started his own thread to prove to everyone that silva actually wants the fight.

Most likely he'll try to throw some stipulation out before answering to avoid the question and revert back to whining about gsp like he always does when he starts losing an argument. Phone Post 3.0

Hilarious that you did exactly what I said you'd do. Ignored your claim about providing a source and continued on ranting away about GSP to try and deflect away from it. You're as predictable as a five year old.

Are you just hoping your whining about GSP will mask the fact you were completely full of shit?
6/23/13 11:17 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
da Vinci 81 - I don't expect him to respond with any information. If he actually had a source he would have posted it long ago and started his own thread to prove to everyone that silva actually wants the fight.

Hilarious that you did exactly what I said you'd do. Ignored your claim about providing a source and continued on ranting away about GSP to try and deflect away from it. You're as predictable as a five year old.

Are you just hoping your whining about GSP will mask the fact you were completely full of shit?
Um....go back and slow down and read. I didn't avoid anything. I directly admitted I couldn't find ed saying directly that Anderson wanted the fight.

You must have glanced over it in your nerd-rage... Phone Post
6/23/13 11:18 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Not Ed, but his trainer speaking to the fight, translated pretty poorly:

""After that fight against the Chris Weidman, perhaps be the Jones in New York and we are going to prepare he.  The people never chose fighter.  But he always pondered because has the right of want a better fight.  But I like to see that fight against the Jones yes.  I find that the Anderson deserves, to for put an end that history that he is not the best fighter.  He already caught everything that is coarse shell of the 84kg, did not catch chicken in the 93kg, but I find that he still has that firewood for burn against the Jones.  We want to see that as last fights of him in the career.  He earns(wins) and retires".  

From Tatame

Title of article translates to:

Technician affirms:  'Anderson has firewood for burn against Jon Jones'

Not seeing Ed directly saying it though. Congrats. You win.....for now....

Look up child. I quoted myself for you... Phone Post
6/23/13 11:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -

So now that you look stupid for missing that post, and I have admitted I couldn't find ed directly saying it, can YOU stop deflecting and admit this whole "Anderson needs to go to 170 if he wants GSP" agenda is a cop out?

Of course not. You will continue to justify it with the pathetic claim that Anderson asks for GSP by name, so he should have to drop to 170.

Its okay to embrace the reality that GSP is a flip flopped who wants nothing to do with Anderson. People change their minds... No big deal that GSP realized his riddum isn't close to Anderson's matrix. You should embrace it. It wont hurt so much if you do. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.