UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> PS3 repair question.

6/21/13 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
meth wizard
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My ps3 has been giving me a lot of problems lately. Sometimes it will work fine for hours. Other times I can't play more than a few minutes without it freezing or the picture getting weird (some pixels appear to "go rogue" and look like big cones).

I'm trying to figure out if I should just buy a new drive or if its a bigger issue? I think it might be the drive because it never gives me any problems when I play downloaded games .

Can anyone give me some advice? Phone Post
6/23/13 10:06 AM
GR33K 13
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had the same problem with my ps3 a little while back. Was freezing quite often. I had an 80gig ps3 fat with an upgraded 500 gig hard drive. I wasn't sure if it was the hard drive or not, but I suspected it might be. I went ahead and bought a new 160 gig ps3 slim. Put a 1 terabyte hard drive in the slim, and put the 160 gig drive in the fat. The fat has been working fine ever since, but I don't play it as often as I do the slim now. If you have a 2.5" SATA hard drive laying around that you know works fine, try swapping out the drives and see how it works then. Otherwise you can keep troubleshooting, send it in to someone who can fix it, or just buy another console. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 4:47 PM
meth wizard
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks I'll look into that. Phone Post
6/23/13 7:00 PM
GR33K 13
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No prob. Hope it works out for you. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.