UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vemola, Burrell among six released from UFC roster

6/22/13 1:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A pretty clear indication of a UFC fighter's release has been removal of their profile from UFC.com. Today, UFC.com removed six profiles from their website, most likely indicating the fighters have been released:

As soon as an event is over, it's inevitable that a few fighters will have fought for the last time with the promotion. Sometimes exactly which fighter ends up being on the outside is a bit of a surprise (unless you're the omnipotent Tim Burke), sometimes the predictions feel easy. Whatever the means or the method, it would appear that another six fighters have made their exit from the world's largest MMA promotion: Eddie Mendez, Roger Hollett, Anthony Smith, Nah-Shon Burrell, Karlos Vemola, and Leandro Silva.

It's not the most surprising list in the world, all are fairly low profile fighters coming off a loss, but there are a couple of releases that seem a trifle abrupt.

read entire article...

6/22/13 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SupesUp
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck on the way back. Phone Post
6/22/13 1:10 PM
UGCTT_JaseHxC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Despite also being from Halifax, I have never felt the urge to support Roger Hollett in the slightest. I assume he will find some semblance of success in the minor leagues, but will never make it back into a top org.
6/22/13 1:13 PM
epwar
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If you put on exciting fights, you won't get cut." - Dana

Vemola is in the most exciting fight on the last card, gets cut.

6/22/13 1:16 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess the Burrell release is because of the weight issues? I think it's weak to cut such an exciting fighter especially when he lost on short notice and before that was coming off a fight of the night. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 1:26 PM
Haulport

epwar - 

BLAM

This is the EXACT REASON hat fighters point fight and have boring fights. Zuffa rewards ugly wins and cuts those who have exciting losses...

6/22/13 1:32 PM
nostripewhite

UGCTT_JaseHxC - Despite also being from Halifax, I have never felt the urge to support Roger Hollett in the slightest. I assume he will find some semblance of success in the minor leagues, but will never make it back into a top org.
I believe it may have something to do with how he was brought up by ECC locally.

But I feel or him just the same. He's had a rough couple years. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 1:45 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

im not even sure why a seasoned fan like you puts any stock into danas comments 

and yes lets keep every fighter whose 2-4 in the ufc because their "exciting"

just bleed

6/22/13 1:47 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

This is the EXACT REASON hat fighters point fight and have boring fights. Zuffa rewards ugly wins and cuts those who have exciting losses...

were you also complaining when fitch got cut?

6/22/13 1:51 PM
Haulport

DamnSevern - 
Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

Nope. If I was the promoter I would tell Jon, very simply, that I want to keep him because he is one of the most talented fighters around but if he continues to stall and point fight I will cut him. I would cut a 5-0 fighter if all they did was stall and I had warned them not to...

6/22/13 2:04 PM
BigTedBear
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Maguire was not on the list he seemed pretty sure it didn't look good for him after his loss on the ESPN podcast last week. Hope he gets another fight. Phone Post
6/22/13 2:52 PM
SomeonesGettinBingoed

So happy to see that they didnt cut Mizuto Hirota!

He is really exciting and he has also suffered some of the worst robberies by the judges!

Good job uncle Dana on keeping this man around!
6/22/13 2:53 PM
nostripewhite

Haulport - 
DamnSevern - 
Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

Nope. If I was the promoter I would tell Jon, very simply, that I want to keep him because he is one of the most talented fighters around but if he continues to stall and point fight I will cut him. I would cut a 5-0 fighter if all they did was stall and I had warned them not to...

You'd have no one but retards like Julian Lane fighting for you.
6/22/13 3:21 PM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah-Shon Burrell was too soon IMO. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 4:06 PM
Gfropr

omega 2013 -
TheBeebs - Nah-Shon Burrell was too soon IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Yep.1-1 Phone Post
Fucking hate when people who shouldn't get cut do. Such bullshit. Especially when u see people who keep getting breaks just cause they "bang" Phone Post
6/22/13 5:37 PM
Haulport

nostripewhite - 
Haulport - 
DamnSevern - 
Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

Complete and utter nonsense.

I could rattle off a hundred fighters who put it on the line 90% of the time. It is this kind of feeble-minded support of IDIOTIC business practices by guys (Frank, Lorenzo and Dana) who are watching their business DECLINE for 3 years straight as they get the biggest marketing push in the history of the sport (the FOX deal) that has crippled this sport............

6/22/13 6:52 PM
man meets fate

Pitbull3744 - Vemola is a bad cut IMO but he will be back he is a beast Phone Post 3.0

Vemola was the funniest hype train ever. The guy has cardio for exactly 2 mins and has kindergarten level striking and slight below average wrestling in the states.
6/22/13 6:59 PM
zebers3
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_JaseHxC - Despite also being from Halifax, I have never felt the urge to support Roger Hollett in the slightest. I assume he will find some semblance of success in the minor leagues, but will never make it back into a top org.

Weird, I actually feel the exact same (also live in Halifax). I never really bothered much with Hollett who is from Hali, but then I always supported guys like Jason MacDonald, Ryan Jimmo, and TJ Grant from day one just because they are maritimers. But they're also better fighters I suppose.
6/22/13 9:31 PM
Gator Choke
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pull No Punches Media, Host/Ring Announcer
TheBeebs - Nah-Shon Burrell was too soon IMO. Phone Post 3.0

He missed weight by 5 pounds in his UFC debut and was off by 2 in his first attempt versus Thompson. While he wound up making weight in his second attempt at 160, I'd imagine it likely didn't sit well with the UFC brass that he didn't come in to the weigh-ins on weight.  With the tolerance the UFC has for this, I think that sunk him.

6/22/13 9:34 PM
Jack Skellington
830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/13 9:34 PM
Love Hollett but he was in over his head
6/23/13 7:32 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite - 
Haulport - 
DamnSevern - 
Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

Julian Lane? That kid tried to fight more in the house than he did in the octagon.

6/23/13 7:34 AM
man meets fate

Dana wants the ufc full of leonard garcias and one anderson silva.
6/24/13 7:42 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite - 
Haulport - 
DamnSevern - 
Haulport - 
epwar - 

BLAM

Yeah but at least he'd bang bro
6/24/13 8:01 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, that one dude was 11-0-1 and asked to step in as a replacement to fight in a higher weight class. Lost a UD and got cut!
6/24/13 10:53 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

DamnSevern -
epwar - 

im not even sure why a seasoned fan like you puts any stock into danas comments 

and yes lets keep every fighter whose 2-4 in the ufc because their "exciting"

just bleed

You do realize lorenzo said the exact same shit right? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.