UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> A collection of videos from Henry Akins

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/26/14 8:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pitchfork
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/26/14 8:47 AM
petch
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
5/26/14 9:45 AM
LordSeano
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digitaltoddy -
pahulkster - 
digitaltoddy - Henry is an amazing instructor. When I started at Rickson's 8 years ago, Henry was the main instructor (along with Shane Rice), so I was fortunate to be able to learn my basics from him. We used to do a drill for maintaining side control with your weight distribution that I still do to this day. Simple and effective.

Video or description of that drill or any others please? Henry always talks about all the drills Rickson had.

I think there was a video up where Henry demonstrated the concept on DJ Jackson. But basically, the guy on top places his chest right across bottom guy's sternum and stays perpendicular, with NO hands, knees off the ground and hips slightly higher than shoulders and on your toes so that the weight drives DOWN onto your opponent. Bottom guy attempts to get his far shoulder off the ground, so top guy moves his weight slightly toward the far shoulder to keep it on the ground, so guy on bottom switches and tries to get near shoulder off, so guy on top has to adjust so that weight is slightly closer to near shoulder, etc.. if done right, you should be able to keep them flat with little effort.
I took a private with rodolfo vieira where we worked side control and he had me doing this exercise with a partner. It was crazy the little tweaks he gave so that we genuinely were controlling the other person just with weight distribution Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 6:02 PM
filfy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.