6/23/13 2:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
diggity
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 3:04 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Anderson P. Sonnen - 
caseharts -
Anderson P. Sonnen -  I don't think he's lying about his pount of view, I just don't believe that Chris Weidman could submit Roger Gracie. Phone Post

he got really close to submitting galvao?

Sure he came close, but he didn't submit him. Listen, i'm not implying anything bad about Chris' submission skills, I just don't think he could submit Roger. I'm sure it's possible as Chris has excellent submissions, but I'm just being realistic. Phone Post

I agree he may not be able to in pure bjj. in mma I think hes got a decent chance same with anderson (way more so) if chris gets on top and starts working to pass and throwing strikes hes going to finish anderson. CHael is no where near as good at bjj as chris. roger I feel like chris could do the same but hed have to disengage a lot and reset because roger is way more dangerous.

6/23/13 3:19 PM
sitchpack

caseharts -
Anderson P. Sonnen -  I don't think he's lying about his pount of view, I just don't believe that Chris Weidman could submit Roger Gracie. Phone Post

No he didnt, link me to the youtube video where it shows galvao trapped and considering tapping. Phone Post
6/23/13 3:50 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

No he didnt, link me to the youtube video where it shows galvao trapped and considering tapping. Phone Post

http://shelby.tv/video/vimeo/6921039/weidman-vs-galvao-adcc-2009

6/23/13 3:59 PM
random_muppett
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
Jsteven - "I would still put my money on Anderson but I think Chris Weidman is dangerous and can surprise him." Phone Post 3.0
A Brazilian picking against a Brazilian is a big nono. He does t want his wife and kids raped and murdered in the favela. Phone Post 3.0
Racist Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 4:01 PM
Entreri

Nice compliment.

There is no way Weidman could ever tap someone like Roger.
6/23/13 4:01 PM
random_muppett
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeaceThroughStrength -
KingofBJJ - 

Puhleeze I am sick and tired of these idiots tryng to market this fight, even though they know Weidman has a 10% chance to win.

After Silva puts him away, the naysayers will simply go to the next opponent that has no business being in the ring with him.

There are plenty of badass Brazilians who have been waiting for the UFC to give them good fights to challenge Silva, but here's what we get.

You call others idiots, yet you think fighters should get a tittle fight based on thier country of origin.
If a undefeated fighter has no business being in the cage with Silva,who would you suggest?

Can you explain to us idiots how you came up with the 10%.
I have no clue who will win,and being that there are two high level fighters fighting I would say 50/50 chance for either one of them to win the fight.
50/50???

Really? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 4:07 PM
sitchpack

caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

He caught that and tried to crank it didnt work galvao escaped, how is that alnost tapping him?

He couldnt pass galvaos guard scored a few take downs thst got reversed and held on to a few chokes he managed to catch in the scrambles, and a necktie which he wasnt sitting on top of enough to get pressure to push the head down into the choke, even he realised this and let it go.

How did he almost tap galvao from your perspective? He did well as far as not getting subbed, but he wasnt setting anything up.

If you sre using that video to convince yourself that weidman will beat anderson you need to really think about your motivation fot picking him. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:08 PM
sitchpack

random_muppett -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
Jsteven - "I would still put my money on Anderson but I think Chris Weidman is dangerous and can surprise him." Phone Post 3.0
A Brazilian picking against a Brazilian is a big nono. He does t want his wife and kids raped and murdered in the favela. Phone Post 3.0
Racist Phone Post 3.0
Goku needs to be banned for that. Wtf. Now we know his alterior motive for picking weidman, he is racist. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:14 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

He caught that and tried to crank it didnt work galvao escaped, how is that alnost tapping him?

He couldnt pass galvaos guard scored a few take downs thst got reversed and held on to a few chokes he managed to catch in the scrambles, and a necktie which he wasnt sitting on top of enough to get pressure to push the head down into the choke, even he realised this and let it go.

How did he almost tap galvao from your perspective? He did well as far as not getting subbed, but he wasnt setting anything up.

If you sre using that video to convince yourself that weidman will beat anderson you need to really think about your motivation fot picking him. Phone Post
He did that with less than a year of bjj. He did pass his guard a few times. He got to side control he nearly took his back.

You're right it may not be super close. But with the amount of time he'd been training that was incredible. Go throw any first year bjjer at Andre gakvao and see if they have any submission Attempts or survive for that matter.

At this point I'd pick Chris to win a bjj match against Andre.

Also id say Andre subs andersom pretty quickly if they matched up at adcc and he's a bb. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:23 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris can win (on paper, anyone can beat anyone)... And, for sure, he is a dangerous fighter (good striking, great wrestling and bjj combo...).

But, alas, the guy tapped three fighters in nine fights... Hardly an unstoppable finisher...!

Anderson Silva has been finished twice in 27 fights, the last time, in 2003, a bit over 10 years ago.

6/23/13 4:35 PM
sitchpack

caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

He did that with less than a year of bjj. He did pass his guard a few times. He got to side control he nearly took his back.

You're right it may not be super close. But with the amount of time he'd been training that was incredible. Go throw any first year bjjer at Andre gakvao and see if they have any submission Attempts or survive for that matter.

Also id say Andre subs andersom pretty quickly if they matched up at adcc and he's a bb. Phone Post
You are discounting weidmans entire wrestling career leading up to 2009 though.

He wasnt just some in shape dude who had done some grappling, he is an all american wrestler who grappled like a strong wrestler, disengaging when he had the distance, reengaging for the perch pass, then defending sub and sweep attempts before getting back to his knees and resetting from standing again.

I didnt see much of his straight bjj being used there, the guy was fighting to his strength as a wrestler, just as he does today.

If he can tap Roger in training like it aint no thang, why hasnt he got his blackbelt?

This is all pre fight hype guys, noone was talking about weidman being a threat to anderson until the hype train started in full effect. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:37 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan - Chris can win (on paper, anyone can beat anyone)... And, for sure, he is a dangerous fighter (good striking, great wrestling and bjj combo...).

But, alas, the guy tapped three fighters in nine fights... Hardly an unstoppable finisher...!

Anderson Silva has been finished twice in 27 fights, the last time, in 2003, a bit over 10 years ago.

In 37 fights even:-).

Sorry!
6/23/13 4:38 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

He wasnt just some in shape dude who had done some grappling, he is an all american wrestler who grappled like a strong wrestler, disengaging when he had the distance, reengaging for the perch pass, then defending sub and sweep attempts before getting back to his knees and resetting from standing again.

I didnt see much of his straight bjj being used there, the guy was fighting to his strength as a wrestler, just as he does today.

If he can tap Roger in training like it aint no thang, why hasnt he got his blackbelt?

This is all pre fight hype guys, noone was talking about weidman being a threat to anderson until the hype train started in full effect. Phone Post
This wasn't a bjj tourney its a submission wrestling tournament so pure bjj is irrelevant.

You are completely correct his background as an elite wrestler showed.
But he did better than 99.9 all Americans with less than a year of bjj would. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:38 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Also ive been on weidman for over 2 years. The hype started early for me. Phone Post
6/23/13 4:49 PM
sitchpack

caseharts - 
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

This wasn't a bjj tourney its a submission wrestling tournament so pure bjj is irrelevant.

You are completely correct his background as an elite wrestler showed.
But he did better than 99.9 all Americans with less than a year of bjj would. Phone Post

I wasnt talking about pure BJJ, I didnt see Weidman engage successfully in any kind of positional control or dominance in passing, or setting up any submissions before applying them, his 'straight' BJJ as it were. He played only to his strength as a wrestler and refused to engage in any part of the grappling by which he would have to set up control or submission to progress positional dominance or get the tap.

By all means carry on supporting Weidman, if you want to support the guy because you like the way he fights, then you have every right to. I just dont think all the 'supporting' arguments ( for example: successful version of Sonnen, wrestling kryptonite, world class BJJ because of one bjj match where he didnt get subbed, out grappling maia even though they were both gassed and Maia was lackluster at MW, great chin despite never having it tested etc) are legitimate and they are only being glossed over now by supporters who are talking themselves into betting on him.

6/23/13 4:55 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Come August 6th there is going to be some sore vaginas around here. It doesn't matter what weidman has done or accomplished silva dick huggers will not be impressed. It doesn't matter who says it or what you show them. They think Anderson is untouchable. He's human just like everyone else and Weidman is a legit threat no matter how many of you idiots believe otherwise. I don't know why you don't just embrace it so when Silva wins you can give him that much more credit. Clearly a lot of Silva fans are flat out scared and want to down play his opponents abilities. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 5:20 PM
sitchpack

Bisping decisioned my SN - Come August 6th there is going to be some sore vaginas around here. It doesn't matter what weidman has done or accomplished silva dick huggers will not be impressed. It doesn't matter who says it or what you show them. They think Anderson is untouchable. He's human just like everyone else and Weidman is a legit threat no matter how many of you idiots believe otherwise. I don't know why you don't just embrace it so when Silva wins you can give him that much more credit. Clearly a lot of Silva fans are flat out scared and want to down play his opponents abilities. Phone Post 3.0

where is your betslip you tucking fuck? 

6/23/13 5:56 PM
eljamaiquino

sitchpack - 

Roger is in the UFC now and has been training with Weidman, of course he is going to say that. For what its worth, Roger would absolutely clown Weidman in training, ive seen the guy roll in training with various top level MMA guys and BJJ champs and he makes everyone look like whitebelts.

Goku is trolling as hard as he can in the lead up to this fight.

LOL@ a guy who trains with Weidman picking Anderson to win.
and LMAO at Goku's attempt to spin this as a positive for Weidman fans....
6/23/13 6:04 PM
eljamaiquino

caseharts - 
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

Chris didn't score a single point on Galvao. I don't know if you ever watched the old Mario Sperry tapes, but Sperry stated that part of his strategy at ADCC was to leave openings during the first period where they didn't count the points. He would make his opponents wear themselves out, then he would start working when the points began. This looks like exactly what happened there. Galvao baited him, then started working when they started counting points.
6/23/13 6:04 PM
Lex_o

When some one says, "if I were to put money on it". It tells you a lot Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 6:16 PM
sitchpack

tick tuck tick tuck the clock is ticking OP, are you going to legitimize your support for Weidman by throwing down the bet as you said you would? Or are you just going to full on tuck?

6/23/13 6:46 PM
JackintheCrack

caseharts - 
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

Thanks for the video 

I was impressed with both men. 

6/23/13 7:14 PM
Mojo514

So basically wat everyone's tryin to say here is, that Anderson is the GOAT n Weidman is just another pawn in this game, n Stockton 209 wat n CesarGracie Jiu Jitsu or wtv....
6/23/13 7:19 PM
Lazer MMA

WTF is the correct link, it did not work the one in the 1st post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.