UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roger Gracie: Weidman can tap me

6/23/13 7:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... but he'd put his money on Silva Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 7:48 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Lazer MMA - 
WTF is the correct link, it did not work the one in the 1st post

link to what

6/23/13 8:06 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a hell of an endorsement.

6/23/13 8:08 PM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

That's a hell of an endorsement.

for Andy... since he basically said, he could tap me but who cares, Anderson is still going to win..

6/23/13 8:22 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -
Anderson P. Sonnen -  I don't think he's lying about his pount of view, I just don't believe that Chris Weidman could submit Roger Gracie. Phone Post

he got really close to submitting galvao?

No he didnt, link me to the youtube video where it shows galvao trapped and considering tapping. Phone Post

http://shelby.tv/video/vimeo/6921039/weidman-vs-galvao-adcc-2009

He caught that and tried to crank it didnt work galvao escaped, how is that alnost tapping him?

He couldnt pass galvaos guard scored a few take downs thst got reversed and held on to a few chokes he managed to catch in the scrambles, and a necktie which he wasnt sitting on top of enough to get pressure to push the head down into the choke, even he realised this and let it go.

How did he almost tap galvao from your perspective? He did well as far as not getting subbed, but he wasnt setting anything up.

If you sre using that video to convince yourself that weidman will beat anderson you need to really think about your motivation fot picking him. Phone Post
He did that with less than a year of bjj. He did pass his guard a few times. He got to side control he nearly took his back.

You're right it may not be super close. But with the amount of time he'd been training that was incredible. Go throw any first year bjjer at Andre gakvao and see if they have any submission Attempts or survive for that matter.

At this point I'd pick Chris to win a bjj match against Andre.

Also id say Andre subs andersom pretty quickly if they matched up at adcc and he's a bb. Phone Post
While that match was extraordinarily impressive for Weidman considering the amount of training he had...

Lol at Weidman beating Galvao in a BJJ match ever (Galvao pretty much trains BJJ full time, is the ADCC Open Weight Champ, and has beaten guys with much better wrestling and BJJ pedigrees than Weidman) Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 8:37 PM
Filo_Beto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
Anderson P. Sonnen -  I don't think he's lying about his pount of view, I just don't believe that Chris Weidman could submit Roger Gracie. Phone Post

And this was when he was a blue belt with 6 months of bjj training.
6/23/13 9:00 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

sitchpack -

tick tuck tick tuck the clock is ticking OP, are you going to legitimize your support for Weidman by throwing down the bet as you said you would? Or are you just going to full on tuck?

I have four bets on this fight tatd Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:00 PM

Slickflow - So is wiedman a better grappler then Damian Mia? Phone Post 3.0
Wrestling wise? Absolutely Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:01 PM
sitchpack

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
sitchpack -

tick tuck tick tuck the clock is ticking OP, are you going to legitimize your support for Weidman by throwing down the bet as you said you would? Or are you just going to full on tuck?

screenshot it then post the proof.

6/23/13 9:13 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
AokiPants - 
caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

No he didnt, link me to the youtube video where it shows galvao trapped and considering tapping. Phone Post

He caught that and tried to crank it didnt work galvao escaped, how is that alnost tapping him?

He couldnt pass galvaos guard scored a few take downs thst got reversed and held on to a few chokes he managed to catch in the scrambles, and a necktie which he wasnt sitting on top of enough to get pressure to push the head down into the choke, even he realised this and let it go.

How did he almost tap galvao from your perspective? He did well as far as not getting subbed, but he wasnt setting anything up.

If you sre using that video to convince yourself that weidman will beat anderson you need to really think about your motivation fot picking him. Phone Post
He did that with less than a year of bjj. He did pass his guard a few times. He got to side control he nearly took his back.

You're right it may not be super close. But with the amount of time he'd been training that was incredible. Go throw any first year bjjer at Andre gakvao and see if they have any submission Attempts or survive for that matter.

Also id say Andre subs andersom pretty quickly if they matched up at adcc and he's a bb. Phone Post
While that match was extraordinarily impressive for Weidman considering the amount of training he had...

Lol at Weidman beating Galvao in a BJJ match ever (Galvao pretty much trains BJJ full time, is the ADCC Open Weight Champ, and has beaten guys with much better wrestling and BJJ pedigrees than Weidman) Phone Post 3.0

Its not about his wrestling pedigree that makes him so good its his ability to adapt to bjj so quickly and do so well. Why lol at it? If I remember correctly he lost by 4 points against galvao? 4 points is not some crazy margin especially considering the training difference. 

Even currently Id give chris a very solid chance at beating galvao. If Chris trained bjj full time hed be way better than most current top bjj players. 

6/23/13 9:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - And lol@me avoiding threads where fighters have picked Anderson. I never said Anderson can't win retard. I said he had about a 40% chance to win. I am dispelling the fanboi notion that Chris has no shot. Phone Post 3.0
I never said you said that... Phone Post
6/23/13 9:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

sitchpack -
sitchpack -

I can confirm he has one with me and one other poster here. Sadly he was too.much of a coward to take any bets unless we gave him the best odds he could find online.

For a guy who claims Anderson only has a 40% chance of winning, you would think he has the balled to bet straight up, or even take the 2:1 I offered, but no. Chicken shit wanted 4:1... Phone Post
6/23/13 9:36 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

I can confirm he has one with me and one other poster here. Sadly he was too.much of a coward to take any bets unless we gave him the best odds he could find online.

For a guy who claims Anderson only has a 40% chance of winning, you would think he has the balled to bet straight up, or even take the 2:1 I offered, but no. Chicken shit wanted 4:1... Phone Post

underhanded behaviour, typical of a delusional person.

6/23/13 9:37 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

its gambling dude... its smart to go for better odds... youre insulting him for being smart. 

6/23/13 9:45 PM

caseharts -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

its gambling dude... its smart to go for better odds... youre insulting him for being smart. 

Don't speak logic to him. He doesnt understand the language. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:47 PM

sitchpack -
sitchpack -

Lol. Who the fuck are u. What will u give me if I prove it? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 9:55 PM
sitchpack

sitchpack -
sitchpack -

you start a thread talking mad shit on Anderson saying Weidman is going to steamroll him, and claim you are so convinced you are placing bets. So show us the bets then you penny pinching fuck, either show up or shut up.

6/23/13 9:59 PM

sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

you start a thread talking mad shit on Anderson saying Weidman is going to steamroll him, and claim you are so convinced you are placing bets. So show us the bets then you penny pinching fuck, either show up or shut up.

Show me where I said Weidman would steamroll Anderson. I literally posted Rogers quote verbatim. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 10:01 PM
sitchpack

sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

Show me where I said Weidman would steamroll Anderson. I literally posted Rogers quote verbatim. Phone Post 3.0

stop tucking and post the bet slip.

6/23/13 10:03 PM

sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

Lol. Go fuck yourself dork. I am not going to do shit to prove anything to your pathetic ass. Unless you want to bet 100 that didn't make the bets then its on. Are u game faggot? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 10:12 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him bang bro
6/23/13 10:15 PM
sitchpack

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -
sitchpack -

Lol. Go fuck yourself dork. I am not going to do shit to prove anything to your pathetic ass. Unless you want to bet 100 that didn't make the bets then its on. Are u game faggot? Phone Post 3.0
Stop tucking and post the bet slip Phone Post
6/23/13 10:20 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
AokiPants - 
caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

Its not about his wrestling pedigree that makes him so good its his ability to adapt to bjj so quickly and do so well. Why lol at it? If I remember correctly he lost by 4 points against galvao? 4 points is not some crazy margin especially considering the training difference. 

Even currently Id give chris a very solid chance at beating galvao. If Chris trained bjj full time hed be way better than most current top bjj players. 

I agree that given the same amount of training time as top level BBs, Weidman would hand a lot of people their asses.

However, the problem is that he just isn't there yet in terms of technique; his speed, strength, and tendancy to learn fast have granted him the ability to frustrate top level guys.

But there's a HUGE difference between giving top level guys a hard time, and actually beating them. You have to remember that sport BJJ requires a tremendous amount of strategy in terms of point scoring; Weidman grapples like he is an MMA match (which makes sense obviously). The current BJJ BJJ rule set allows competitors to implement strategies that deal with athletic monsters like Weidman. And as far as his technique, it's very good, but I think part of his success was because Galvao underestimated him a little, which would not happen a second time. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 10:35 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
AokiPants - 
caseharts -
AokiPants - 
caseharts -
sitchpack -
caseharts -
sitchpack - 
caseharts -

I agree that given the same amount of training time as top level BBs, Weidman would hand a lot of people their asses.

However, the problem is that he just isn't there yet in terms of technique; his speed, strength, and tendancy to learn fast have granted him the ability to frustrate top level guys.

But there's a HUGE difference between giving top level guys a hard time, and actually beating them. You have to remember that sport BJJ requires a tremendous amount of strategy in terms of point scoring; Weidman grapples like he is an MMA match (which makes sense obviously). The current BJJ BJJ rule set allows competitors to implement strategies that deal with athletic monsters like Weidman. And as far as his technique, it's very good, but I think part of his success was because Galvao underestimated him a little, which would not happen a second time. Phone Post 3.0

I know theres a big difference in giving them a hard time and beating them. This is referenced from over 3 years ago. Chris now is a way different monster entirely. I honestly would give him a solid chance at beat galvao man. Chris is a tremendous athlete who has taken to the sport of bjj very well. Hes obviously going to be a top position guy like popovitch so don't expect triangles and omoplatas but I could see chris really putting on some crazy performances in ADCC if he gave it his all. 

With that said we agree on most things. I feel you are using only the 2009 version of chris as reference and I feel that does not do him justice. We shall see if it hits the mat how he handles anderson. If he handles him on the ground I think we can agree hes definitely way better than he was in that video. 

6/24/13 1:27 AM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Weidman could catch Roger if they rolled a million times but Anderson definitely subbed Travis Lutter, Dan Henderson, and Chael Sonnen when they were allowed to punch their way out.

I tend to lean towards Silva in this fight...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.