UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN UG Artists - help needed re charity

6/24/13 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Penguin of Death
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll try to be brief.

Last year a friend of mine suffered a stroke during training only weeks before his wife gave birth to their second child. As you can imgine life has been tough for them and he currently lives semi permanently in a rehab unit.

They have a garage at his home which they want to convert into living quarters for him as he can now come home for the weekends.

The guy is an absolute gent, would do anything for anyone kind of guy, and was fireman.  He is well know in the UK BJJ community and is a purple belt under Braulio.

Now here is where you guys come in.

A few of us from the club want to help as much as possible and have begun some fund raising acitivities. I'm looking for someone who can come up with a badass design for me that I will be putting onto a run of patches and possibly t shirts to sell in clubs and on the webs. I have a few ideas of what I want to be on there and if you are able to help please PM me for details.

Thanks

6/24/13 10:02 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT I have almost zero artistic skill. But would buy a T as and when they are available. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 10:07 AM
Penguin of Death
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Benwahwah - TTT I have almost zero artistic skill. But would buy a T as and when they are available. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you.

I'll update this thread as and when. Phone Post
6/24/13 1:49 PM
Penguin of Death

TTT Phone Post
6/24/13 4:17 PM
Penguin of Death

C'mon where are the badass artists? Phone Post
6/26/13 2:49 AM
Penguin of Death

Thanks man, I have a couple of guys coming up with stuff, I'll put the updates as and when.

I hope we can get people interested in supporting the cause. Phone Post
6/26/13 3:40 AM
potatoes
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can we get a bit more info, such as the rough size it would be displayed (smallest it will be displayed and largest) and what sort of content/style you want too Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 4:30 AM
Penguin of Death

Sure, the smallest display would be on a patch aroubd 4 inches in diametre and the largest can be however big the design needs to be on a t shirt.

We want something fun and to the guys who have volunteered so far, which I am immeasurably grateful for, I've said think GTA Vice City meets Ninjas Riding Dragons lol

Too be honest, any badass martial arts, BJJ theme is good. Phone Post
6/26/13 4:41 AM
Penguin of Death

Oh and on the OG thread I made Kirik has pladged a free 3 year membership. Phone Post
6/26/13 9:35 AM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm very behind on work, but if someone doesn't get this done for you in the next two weeks, hmu. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 4:39 AM
Penguin of Death

Quick update. I have had designs from RedDragon Uk and CurseHand - both of which are awesome and will be used. I am waiting to hear back from suppliers with quotes on the t shirts and patches and I will update as and when I know more. Obviosuly we wont to get them produced as cheap as possibel but we also want to put soemthign good out there that people will be want. 

I would really appreciate if you guys could get behind this at the time.

I wont be releasing the images we are using until they have been printed and ready to go, I can't wait to get them out.

thanks

7/19/13 4:49 AM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I'm down to try and help. What's the money for exactly? Is his health care not taken care of or what's up? Phone Post
7/19/13 4:54 AM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Never mind I was under the assumption in the uk this was taken care of but not being able to work etc must really kill him pm me. I'm not sure this is the best way to raise money though. Shirts will be really costly Ave won't guarantee anything. I know this sounds silly but carwashes or a bjj tournament where all the profits benefit him. Phone Post
7/19/13 5:28 AM
Penguin of Death

my last message just disappeared.

The money is going towards converting his garage into livign facilities complete with wet room and general day to day costs. I believe most of his treatment is mostly covered by the NHS but his family is struggling.

There are a few things in the pipeline like a car wash whcih the Fire Brigade is doing but they will also take a % of the money for their own charity too. His brother is doing a Canoe trip from the Mersey to the Thames and I'll try and find the facebook page for it and provide a link (work filters it), I think it is called the hard way round or something.

I thnking if i can produce a shirt for £5 and sell it for £15 then that's a pretty decemt profit margin. Same with the patches.

7/19/13 6:21 AM
CH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRDrieW.png[/IMG]
7/19/13 1:39 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Penguin of Death -

my last message just disappeared.

The money is going towards converting his garage into livign facilities complete with wet room and general day to day costs. I believe most of his treatment is mostly covered by the NHS but his family is struggling.

There are a few things in the pipeline like a car wash whcih the Fire Brigade is doing but they will also take a % of the money for their own charity too. His brother is doing a Canoe trip from the Mersey to the Thames and I'll try and find the facebook page for it and provide a link (work filters it), I think it is called the hard way round or something.

I thnking if i can produce a shirt for £5 and sell it for £15 then that's a pretty decemt profit margin. Same with the patches.

Gotcha busy trying to be of help. If he was a purple belt a bjj tourney would be really cool and would make a lot. Sell the shirts there to Phone Post
7/19/13 1:44 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not that great at design work but i can try.
7/19/13 3:40 PM
Penguin of Death

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - I'm not that great at design work but i can try.
It's cool man we got the designs now looking for production.

A BJJ tourney is a pretty good idea. Phone Post
7/24/13 5:06 PM
Penguin of Death

I did not anticipate the costs involved.

Someone just quoted £1150 for 100 t shirts. If I had that I'd just give it to him lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.