UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marcos Avelan suing FuzzyBadfeet....

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
6/24/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Animal Mother
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Garcia and the Beta Academy. Fuck this guy. The Avelan's used to be some of my favorite nogi guys, but Marcos' repeated Lloyd ball washing has turned me against him. David is still ok.

www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/24/4456878/lloyd-irvin-marcos-avellan-mma-millionaires-lawsuit Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 9:45 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before deletion? Phone Post
6/24/13 9:47 AM
Drugs_Delaney
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/13 10:30 AM
what^^^^said.

*and in B4 the TLI lurkers activate their zords
6/24/13 9:47 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how it will play out, but i read the original thread from Fuzzy, seemed to me he was doing people a service sharing details of a product, both good and bad.
6/24/13 9:49 AM
glock4life
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's fuzzys thread? Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 9:54 AM
Drugs_Delaney
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glock4life - Where's fuzzys thread? Phone Post 3.0

deleted. but im sure theres a google cache.
6/24/13 9:58 AM
T-Ham
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/13 9:57 AM

Marcos is a great guy and is only doing whats right.

-UG news

6/24/13 9:59 AM
Drugs_Delaney

Edited: 06/24/13 10:21 AM
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=11&thread=2154907

kiriks OP has fuzzys email to lloyd
6/24/13 10:00 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Lloyd Irvin associate Marcos Avellan sues multiple parties for 'defamation' involving MMA Millionaires

Stay connected for news and updates

Photo: Brad Shorr via Wikimedia Commons

Marcos Avellan, the man who runs the Platinum Level of Lloyd Irvin's MMA Millionaires program, has filed a lawsuit against Justin Garcia, Nakapan Phungephorn, Brandon Nunley and their businesses, claiming that they defamed him as well as the MMA Millionaires.

Lloyd Irvin and his business ventures such as his "MMA Millionaires" program have repeatedly come under fire over the past few months. The controversy came into the open when two Irvin students were charged in the rape of a third female student on New Year's Eve. It was a charge that led to a slew of ugly revelations and accusations about Irvin, his past and his business practices.

Bloody Elbow has acquired documents that show that Marcos Avellan, a close associate and fierce defender of Irvin, has filed suit against a number of parties for defamation, conspiracy to defame, tortious interference with business relationships and conspiracy to tortiously interfere with business relationships. The paperwork was stamped by the deputy clerk on June 3.

Named in the suit are Justin Garcia, Nakapan Phungephorn, Brandon Nunley, Jungle Gym Martial Arts, LLC and BETA Martial Arts Academy. Garcia owns Jungle Gym while Phungephorn owns BETA. Nunley is a former MMA Millionaires client who posts on the MixedMartialArts.com forums as "Fuzzy Badfeet." Nunley was extremely vocal on the forums over the past several months about his alleged bad experiences with the program.

The documents give some background on Avellan's relationship to Irvin and the entire situation:

---read the rest here---

6/24/13 10:04 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

"The documents then go on for several pages quoting portions of Nunley's posts on MixedMartialArts.com, details such as:

On or about March 1, 2013, Nunley posted the following defamatory statement on mixedmartialarts.com under the screen name "Fuzzy Badfeet": "[a]nyway, marcos convinces me that all will be well. I never actually got the DVDS by the way. It didnt [sic] matter though becasue what I didnt [sic] know was that all of the sets are exactly the same. Exatly [sic] the same .... [t]hey are being marketed as groundbreaking new info. They arent. [sic] All of the sales disks are the same."

6/24/13 10:04 AM
Tomato Can
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless they can somehow prove he was deliberately spreading lies maliciously, I don't how this is anything but a nuisance case designed to intimidate.
6/24/13 10:09 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/13 10:10 AM
Those defendants are going to have a right to do all kinds of discovery that might or might not reveal some juicy stuff. Maybe Marcos thought it through, but he's just invited the power of the court system to allow those defendants to comb through Lloyd Irvin's business records, and some witnesses could be subpoenaed who might not otherwise have had anything to say. Maybe Marcos will win and come out looking good, but there are definite risks to starting up this kind of litigation if you've got anything ugly on your end.
6/24/13 10:09 AM
Royce Nelson
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still like David alot and I will be pulling for him in ADCC. He is the smarter man here. Marcos has lost a lot of my respect. Phone Post
6/24/13 10:11 AM
PittBJJ
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Fuzzy

6/24/13 10:42 AM
bhealthy

Tell me tell me HOW 2 B......A MIILLLLIOONAAAAAAIRE!!!
6/24/13 11:10 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this backfires. Phone Post
6/24/13 11:19 AM
6ULDV8
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - Those defendants are going to have a right to do all kinds of discovery that might or might not reveal some juicy stuff. Maybe Marcos thought it through, but he's just invited the power of the court system to allow those defendants to comb through Lloyd Irvin's business records, and some witnesses could be subpoenaed who might not otherwise have had anything to say. Maybe Marcos will win and come out looking good, but there are definite risks to starting up this kind of litigation if you've got anything ugly on your end.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread title was 'No way he'd open himself up like that'.

I guess he did though.  Should be interesting.

6/24/13 11:24 AM
JitzInMyPants

Fucking in. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 11:25 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The court system is a bitch, so much depends on who can afford representation. If Fuzzy has dollards, I assume his attorney will file some counter claims. Hypothetically, these guys could dump shitloads of money into a mess of discovery requests and depositions and motions and maybe even a long trial with huge banker's boxes of documents and witnesses. Sometimes it's about punishing your enemy with crippling fees and not about the merits of the litigation itself, but you have to be a little masochistic to do that to yourself if you haven't got a really solid claim against someone. So many angry people jump into litigation without realizing what a scam it is to enrich attorneys. Even when you win you lose.
6/24/13 11:31 AM
in before 11er

The UG let loose of limpdick to soon..
6/24/13 11:32 AM
in before 11er

in before 11er - The UG let loose of limpdick to soon..

Well that sounds wrong :)
6/24/13 11:36 AM
carcaju
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
6/24/13 11:40 AM
2JupitersTooMany

I know from experience that a lot of people run into litigation because they are used to selling their bullshit to vulnerable people and they have completely lost touch with how they will be perceived by a disinterested jury. I have no idea if that's true of Marcos. Maybe he's been unlucky and the truth swings in his favor. But if there is any merit to all the allegations about TLI, I can't help but wonder how a jury will be sympathetic at all. Are they counting on a judge excluding all those details as irrelevant? Good luck I guess.
6/24/13 12:14 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this only makes avellan look worse, as if that was even possible.
6/24/13 12:22 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Avellan have some defamatory things to say about the poor girl raped by Irvin's crew 20 years ago? 

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.