UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Disrespecting Wanderlei is enough..." - Shogun

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/24/13 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kawz1
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tatame.com.br/?p=177102&preview=true

“He disrespected Nogueira and Wanderlei. About me, he still said nothing. But disrespecting Wanderlei is enough. He is a controversial guy that really likes to talk a lot, but I’m cool. Sonnen will surely want to say something to me, but it does not affect me at all.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/rua-unaffected-by-sonnens-trash-talk/

Shogun is a loyal friend and a true fighter. Rua via Arona-esque gnp TKO (1st Round)!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/gC5TqcG.gif

(blue help = get vtfu!)
6/24/13 3:15 PM
Shaqzula
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/24/13 3:20 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Major League fighter will beat non-Major League fighter and send him back to MW again.

6/24/13 3:25 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Shogun to win so bad Phone Post
6/24/13 3:36 PM
kickasspoolparty
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to go with my gut on this. Shogun rd 2 tko.. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 3:37 PM
forrestfan
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only Brazilian Chael beat in his career was Zombie Filho by decision.
6/24/13 3:48 PM
Mustard Tiger
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/13 3:48 PM
What do you think the betting line will be for this fight?
6/24/13 3:49 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger - What do you think the betting line will be for this fight?
This. Does anyone know? Phone Post
6/24/13 4:13 PM
kawz1
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the line will be pretty close to even with Shogun having a slight edge due to the weight-class and having more paths to victory. Who knows though, Chael's wrestling and Shoguns lack of TDD may tip the odds in Chael's favor.

6/24/13 4:16 PM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I pray that shogun gun' SONned chael! Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 4:23 PM
itswhitty
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen - 

Where did that last gif come from?  I'm wracking my brain to figure out a context in which a guy might think that's a good idea, but...  Nope.

6/24/13 4:29 PM
Mustard Tiger
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

itswhitty - 
Swedgen - 

Where did that last gif come from?  I'm wracking my brain to figure out a context in which a guy might think that's a good idea, but...  Nope.

It looks like he was trying to kick the light and she wanted some camera time?

Probably chipped a few teeth due to attention whoring.

Karma does exist.
6/24/13 4:32 PM
Lazer MMA

kawz1 - I think the line will be pretty close to even with Shogun having a slight edge due to the weight-class and having more paths to victory. Who knows though, Chael's wrestling and Shoguns lack of TDD may tip the odds in Chael's favor.

“Shogun” opening around -185 and Sonnen around +145,
http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-monday-sonnen-vs-rua-machida-vs-davis-targeted/

Shogun will sweep if taken down, he's no lightweight on the ground. Very doubtful for successful LNP by Sonnen IMO, more likely transitions to leg locks by Shogun on TD's.
6/24/13 4:36 PM
Morgz
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kawz1 - http://www.tatame.com.br/?p=177102&preview=true

“He disrespected Nogueira and Wanderlei. About me, he still said nothing. But disrespecting Wanderlei is enough. He is a controversial guy that really likes to talk a lot, but I’m cool. Sonnen will surely want to say something to me, but it does not affect me at all.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/rua-unaffected-by-sonnens-trash-talk/

Shogun is a loyal friend and a true fighter. Rua via Arona-esque gnp TKO (1st Round)!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/gC5TqcG.gif

(blue help = get vtfu!)

I sometimes don't like waiting for a page to load when gif's are quoted multiple times....

But this one gives me chills (in a good way) and brings back awesome memories.  OP Voted up for choice of gif

(and I don't care who wins Chael vs Shogun...great fight!)

6/24/13 4:40 PM
Lazer MMA

Shogun will tap Sonnen (lesser have) or KHTFO.
6/24/13 4:42 PM
MMALOGIC

Chael would have a much better chance if it were a 3 round fight.

6/24/13 5:11 PM
kawz1

Lazer MMA - 
kawz1 - I think the line will be pretty close to even with Shogun having a slight edge due to the weight-class and having more paths to victory. Who knows though, Chael's wrestling and Shoguns lack of TDD may tip the odds in Chael's favor.

“Shogun” opening around -185 and Sonnen around +145,
http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-monday-sonnen-vs-rua-machida-vs-davis-targeted/

Shogun will sweep if taken down, he's no lightweight on the ground. Very doubtful for successful LNP by Sonnen IMO, more likely transitions to leg locks by Shogun on TD's.

I expect the money to come in on Chael at +145, will settle around +120 imo.

I agree on your analysis, too. Chael will get the takedown, Shogun with the omoplata sweep (or maybe rolling kneebar-sweep) to top position, GnP to Bolivia.
6/24/13 5:33 PM
Delorian
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - Sonnen could brutally KO'd here.

And then we'd have to wait three months for his next headlining title defence.

"UFC 167: Velasquez vs Sonnen"

And then after that loss.

Another three months :

"UFC On FOX 10 : Sonnen vs Barao"

LMAO, voted up! Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 5:37 PM
Mustard Tiger

MMALOGIC - 

I disagree; a three round fight favors Rua.

If Sonnen survives rounds one and two he will likely take rounds three, four, and five to win a unanimous decision.

But surviving those initial ten minutes in a cage with an aggressive Shogun Rua is a mother fucker.

I'm very excited for this fight.

6/24/13 5:39 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I love Shogun but I can't help feeling that Sonnen is gonna grind out a decision. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 5:41 PM
Galanis
1522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe I have the chance to see Shogun fight live. One of my all time favorites. Cannot wait for this event

6/24/13 5:44 PM
Steven S

So glad Shogun is going to beat his ass. Hopefully he takes his BS prowrestling antics with him when he retires.

6/24/13 6:32 PM
slamming

Shogun has the worst TDD in the UFC but I still have hope. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 6:34 PM
slamming

Hopefully bein back with Cordeiro had him in GOOD shape. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 7:41 PM
epic hero

Mustard Tiger - 
MMALOGIC - 

I disagree; a three round fight favors Rua.

If Sonnen survives rounds one and two he will likely take rounds three, four, and five to win a unanimous decision.

But surviving those initial ten minutes in a cage with an aggressive Shogun Rua is a mother fucker.

I'm very excited for this fight.

I disagree. In the 4th and 5th round, those championship rounds, it's going to come down to heart more then anything and Shogun has more.

The guy with the finishing ability and more ways to win, and the durability and heart to go with it, is always going to have the advantage in a 5 round fight. A 3 rounder would favor Chael as maybe he could steal a couple rounds with some takedowns or whatever but he's not doing it for 5 rounds, the guy finds ways to lose he's not a championship fighter

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.