UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Page-Fights, rasslin, reality show, movie coming

6/24/13 4:33 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1073 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On the latest episode of the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson talked his recent switch from the UFC to the Viacom-owned Bellator, and the Viacom-owned TNA pro wrestling, and the Viacom-owned Paramount Pictures.

“I did not leave MMA at all," said Jackson. "I just changed organizations. I went to Bellator. I did a deal with Viacom, and Viacom owns a lot of TV stations and different things. TNA is on Spike TV, so I did a deal to do MMA fights with Bellator, pro wrestling with TNA, and I did that just so I could reach out to a larger audience. Plus, to all the people that called me a sellout, I think I’m the sellout for going to MMA first because I was always a pro wrestling fan. That’s why I fought the way I did when I was younger. That’s why I did the powerbombs and the slams and all that, because I’ve always been a pro wrestler at heart.”

“The reason why I went to TNA instead of WWE … is because TNA is under the Viacom umbrella and TNA has got Hulk Hogan and the other cool wrestlers, like Sting and everybody, and I actually like TNA. I like the format. I like how friendly they are. … I have nothing against the WWE. … They’re cool. I just feel like I fit in more with TNA.”

“I couldn’t pass up on that dream to do pro wrestling, and Viacom gave me my own reality show, which starts shooting very soon, and Viacom owns Paramount Pictures, and they’re going to have me doing movies. The first movie I’m doing is the one I wrote.”

On the Rampage reality show

“It’s going to be a lot of lifestyle. I’m going to let you guys into my house with my kids and what goes on there and stuff like that. I’m going to let you guys see a little bit more of my training. Normally the only times you guys see me training is like the countdown stuff, and all that stuff is basically what we want you guys to see, but a reality show is reality. It’s going to be real; you’re going to be able to see what really happens in my training. … Everything goes. Then you get to see my nightlife.”

On the Rampage movie

“I’ve seen a few MMA movies out there and I just wasn’t happy with the way they portrayed MMA period and the fighters. They just didn’t hit the true essence of what it takes to be an MMA fighter. Me being an MMA fighter -- I’ve been in it for 12, 13 years -- I decided to make a movie about something that goes on with me and just some other parts of MMA that people don’t really talk about. I made a movie about the brotherhood and stuff in MMA and the inside and how the promoters are.

“I think the script is really good. … I let a couple of people read it and they were like, ‘Wow.’ A lot of people think it could be kind of like a type of MMA movie that people could really attach themselves too and make a couple of sequels from it. … I just want you guys to know I’m sitting down with a professional writer, somebody that can help me write it and bring it to life a little bit more because I’m not a writer.”

Listen to entire interview...

Transcription courtesy of Sherdog.

6/24/13 4:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bagger
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A real renaissance man, that Rampage...
6/24/13 6:00 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one who has a feeling the movie is just gunna shit on the UFC, and maybe Pride?

6/24/13 6:14 PM
Brock Lobster
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he sounds like he's enjoying this more, hopefully he's not ignoring training... Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 6:21 PM
Snayke13
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good on him, i say. Phone Post
6/24/13 6:21 PM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster -

A Rampage reality show on Spike makes sense... question is will anyone watch?

No. Viacom missed out on cashing in on the Rampage era which is when he was fresh and interesting in 2007.

Today, I don't see them success they want. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 6:24 PM
kevsh
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/13 6:24 PM

Good to see he's taking his MMA career seriously again and focusing all his efforts on training.

I can only assume Bellator was so happy to get Rampage they probably agreed he could take on any extra-curricular activities he wants. They may regret that decision.

6/24/13 6:26 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock Lobster - At least he sounds like he's enjoying this more, hopefully he's not ignoring training... Phone Post 3.0

I'd wait a little longer to declare that he's enjoying it. I think hes happy right now (and definitely has the potential to be happy with the direction his life is taking) but I will not be surprised if something starts to not go his way and he starts ripping TNA or dealing with the movie, and especially fighters in Bellator who most likely are not going to choose to stand with him. I wish Rampage the best but hes done a lot of complaining.
6/24/13 6:27 PM
MMALOGIC

TheIronCodpiece - 

Am I the only one who has a feeling the movie is just gunna shit on the UFC, and maybe Pride?

the likelihood of his script ever becoming a movie is extremely low.

6/24/13 6:53 PM
dhughes
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And then the hero says "Yo breath stank!" and everyone laughs.
6/24/13 7:14 PM
Dana Stern

I thought Rampage was always complaining about his privacy and how he hates that he can't walk down the street etc. Now he's doing a reality show that shows his family and KIDS?! Not to mention pro-wrestling, more crap movies(actually A-Team was awesome) and all this other bullshit. I'm sorry but anything he does at this point I'll be rooting against. Phone Post
6/24/13 7:21 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern -  I thought Rampage was always complaining about his privacy and how he hates that he can't walk down the street etc. Now he's doing a reality show that shows his family and KIDS?! Not to mention pro-wrestling, more crap movies(actually A-Team was awesome) and all this other bullshit. I'm sorry but anything he does at this point I'll be rooting against. Phone Post

If you go looking for a reason to complain you'll find many.
6/24/13 7:43 PM
newtotheinterweb

I can't believe people think rampage will train hard now. He didn't do that when its all he had to do. And you think now that he has all these other options and distractions that he'll train hard for Mma? Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:01 PM
12SixElbow
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“I couldn’t pass up on that dream to do pro wrestling, and Viacom gave me my own reality show, which starts shooting very soon, and Viacom owns Paramount Pictures, and they’re going to have me doing movies. The first movie I’m doing is the one I wrote.”

Could be a big draw for Bellator in the future.

6/24/13 9:32 PM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rampage Family show, with recurring guest stars Suga Rashad Evans and Darill Titties Schoonover

Oh wait Phone Post
6/24/13 10:11 PM
MMAhaiku
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait to see the movie Rampage wrote. Phone Post
6/24/13 11:03 PM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YO BREF STANK!

A Rampage Jackson film
6/25/13 8:52 AM
Authority Figure

Sounds dope. I always hated that Dana discouraged him from acting more. I really think that's the next phase of his life. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.