UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Megumi Fujii Retiring "The Greatest Of Her Time"

6/25/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't remember the Aguilar fight but she was robbed big time against Frausto, the female Leonard Garcia. Good luck to her in the future!
6/25/13 1:15 PM
sniper1026

TTT
6/25/13 1:19 PM
Seul
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
6/25/13 1:26 PM
XD40GRIP

Awesome on the ground. One of the best eva..
6/25/13 2:57 PM
hackett
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish - 
Wasa-B - How legit were those two losses?

Great article btw always love megumi fuji, i felt she got a raw deal in bellator moreso in 1 fight than the other but i mean neither of those losses were decisive, i really thought she beat zoila though

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the article

Yeah, I scored the Aguilar bout a draw. It was very, very close. The Frausto-Gurgel fight was close too but I thought Fujii did enough in that last round to get the win.

There was some backlash to Frausto-Gurgel because she won those decisions against Fujii and Aguilar, especially when Frausto-Gurgel really didn't belong at that weight and had no intention to stay at 115. But, she's a good fighter -- and both fights were close. 

6/25/13 3:07 PM
hackett
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Btw, so what is her background? Judo/sambo?

I detailed it a little in the article -- her biggest accolades are in SAMBO where she was a national champion in Japan and also placed in the Worlds several times. She was also a Brazilian jiu-jitsu national (Japan) and Pan-American champion. Josh Barnett trains (and describes her as) a Catch-as-Catch-Can wrestler as well.

She briefly describes her experience in judo in that video as well. Check it out!

6/25/13 3:16 PM
dipsheet
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember that time she auctioned off her bra & told her opponent to go inject horse semen? Yeah, me neither.
7/2/13 10:11 PM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dipsheet - Remember that time she auctioned off her bra & told her opponent to go inject horse semen? Yeah, me neither.

Remember how she cosplays like a skank, bumps her own pic threads, yells in the ear of her opponent like an immature school girl after the bell sounds, goes out of her way to gain ug neck-beard jack off white knights and does everything in her power who attention whore it up?

Wait that's someone else.

Mega Megu is hands down my favorite female fighter of all time. The respect and modesty she has is hard to match. Hope she continues as a coach. She would make a great one!
7/2/13 10:12 PM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ to not who.
7/3/13 7:16 PM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad hespect. TTT
7/3/13 7:25 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

I always enjoyed seeing her fight, she was so often outsized, she had to really adapt to be successful, a hallmark of a great mind.
7/3/13 8:19 PM
hackett

I was asked for Megumi Fujii's signature win the other day and kind of drew a blank. But this is pretty sweet. Fight begins at 07:20

7/3/13 8:21 PM
hackett

Infamous toe hold gif. Ouch!!!

7/10/13 12:38 AM
Happiness Bunny

Bump for Mega Megu.
9/26/13 5:42 PM
KeijiKadekawa
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/13 5:46 PM
valetudojapan.com has a page asking fans to upload pics or messages to Megumi

http://www.valetudojapan.com/mega-megu
9/26/13 7:09 PM
hackett

Heh, thanks for the bump. Man, I wrote this article three months ago? Time flies.

Fujii's retirement match is next Saturday in Tokyo: a rematch with Jessica Aguilar. Should be fun.

9/26/13 7:23 PM
KeijiKadekawa
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was a great article sir!
9/26/13 7:27 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shame another top Japanese fighter peaked before their division opened up in the US. Gomi, Kid....
9/26/13 7:28 PM
Oontyex

Bump Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 7:32 PM
Hillary
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's one of my heroines. Athletic, determined, humble, technical and vicious as hell...she is every single thing you want to not only rep WMMA but MMA in general. One of my biggest holy shite moments in life was getting the opportunity to grapple with her. I really hope one day to have the level of technical knowledge that she does. Wishing her the all best in her future, always a fan!
9/26/13 7:40 PM
hackett

KeijiKadekawa - Was a great article sir!

Thank you Kadekawa-san!!!

Here's the full card, looks great.

Japan Vale Tudo : VTJ 3RD

Ota City General Gymnasium, Tokyo

Megumi 'Mega Megu' Fujii (26 - 2 – 0) vs. Jessica 'Jag' Aguilar (15-4)

Hideo Tokoro 32 - 25 – 2 vs. Will Campuzano 12 - 4 - 0

Caol Uno 28 - 16 – 5 vs Daniel Romero 8 - 4 - 0

Takeshi 'Lion Takeshi' Inoue 21 - 7 – 0 vs Yusuke Yachi 9 - 4 - 0

Motonobu Tezuka 20 - 6 - 4 vs Yuta Nezu 14 - 7 - 1

9/26/13 8:23 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Online PPV here supposedly. Not sure if it will work outside of Japan though.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152942171

9/26/13 8:43 PM
factchecker

Judo

She trained Judo from childhood all the way up to the Industrial League, when she started training Sambo.

It is not hard for Judoka to become Sambo champs in Japan.
9/26/13 8:51 PM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - My personal favorite female fighter of all time. Greatest ever imo.

GOAT.

Agreed, wmma GOAT. It will take a long time for anyone to match her achievements. Phone Post
9/26/13 10:19 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

factchecker - 

Judo

She trained Judo from childhood all the way up to the Industrial League, when she started training Sambo.

It is not hard for Judoka to become Sambo champs in Japan.

Kashiwazaki and Nobuhiko Sato won world sambo titles back in the 70s i think. And then we have Georgian and Mongolians doing well in judo transitioning from their folk jacket wrestling as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.