UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Mayweather / Alvarez Thread

6/24/13 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AttentionDeficitDizzle
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck this is going to be the biggest fight since Floyd got dirty with Zab...Canelo is quite a bit more dangerous than Pacquiao, or anyone for that matter near near Floyd's weight class.  Floyd was in the right for taking this fight and brushing off Pacman.  This is proof Money doesn't duck anyone.  He's taking on the most talented, exciting, naturally gifted guy out there right now, who's the best Mexican fighter I've seen since Eric Morales.  But this kid has much quicker hand speed, unreal power in his jab and follow-up, great dexterity and movement spinning and controlling the ring and space around him; he's an excellent counter-puncher, great head movement, has an arsenal of combinations and the ability to put together 6 power punches in less than 2 seconds.  Canelo can bang inside, has great feet moving in and out, awesome accuracy, and devastating power.  This is the one guy on earth I've been hoping Mayweather would fight before he retires to solidify that unbeaten legacy.  On paper, you could not pick a tougher opponent for Mayweather.  That kind of speed gave Mayweather problems with Zab's southpaw stance, along with his power.  It is really the only type of style that's ever been able to neutralize Mayweather's defensive ability, which is literally the greatest defense in the history of boxing.  Canelo isn't a southie but he's got the angles and the speed.  

For those of you who are not boxing fans, who will bitch about boxing compared to MMA, or who are casual boxing fans, do not miss this fight.  The single greatest boxer in history is stepping up against the most dangerous guy I've seen since Oscar in his prime.  Canelo kills people out there, is confident, talented, is hitting his prime, and always shows up in shape.  This kid never gases, never let's up, and will not be spending the night moving away from Mayweather's right hand by running.  Alvarez sometimes waits to counter, but he jabs and moves forward with a lot of pop, so he's going to go at Mayweather early to slow him down for the later rounds, probably try to get inside to bang him up.

Do not lose out and miss this fight people, I'm telling you.  This may become the biggest fight with the biggest implications since Douglas KO'd Tyson in Tokyo.  This could be one of those fights you only see every 20 years because of what is at stake for Floyd and Canelo, also because of their respective boxing styles being perfect for a lot of action.  I have not been this excited for a fight since I was a kid because boxing has really suffered and taken a steep decline due to corruption and poor officiating and judging.  This fight is way too big for both guys, and neither of them are normally dirty fighters, so this should be a steady war of two styles tailor made for each other.  Do not miss this fight ya'll, since it could easily be the most exciting boxing event you'll see for another 20 years.  I'm so fucking stoked!!

6/24/13 7:50 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if Canelo was more dangerous than pacman Floyd wouldnt be fighting him.

6/24/13 7:58 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd completely outclasses him

6/24/13 7:59 PM
Lex_o

PAC vs Rios gunna a much better fight Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:16 PM
FedorFTW

In Phone Post
6/24/13 8:33 PM
Pimp 510

Floyd has this one Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:37 PM
Chris67

This is the first time I will be rooting against PBF and the first time I buy one of his PPV's since Hatton.

Hopefully Canelo stops him. Regardless this is going to be a very good fight.
6/24/13 8:57 PM
countsavage

This fight will be exactly like Floyd's last fight. They are similar opponents. You can not compare this to the Zab fight Canelo much slower then him in fact he is slower then The Ghost. Canelo will keep moving forward and eat punches all night. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 10:07 PM
MeNoSurrenderr

Time for the canelo era to begin! Phone Post
6/24/13 10:13 PM
myee8
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still want to see Floyd v Pacman...

6/25/13 1:39 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome fight will definitely be getting this PPV! Phone Post
6/25/13 1:45 AM
lildragonof
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this, I still think is a little to early for canelo though. Phone Post
6/25/13 3:36 AM
Thuglife13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There's only one Mayweatherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

The Grand Poobah of boxing matches...

Don't forget "Mexico Loves Mayweather"

Money May All Day Bitchez!

Please Please Please wear this again May!

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID5699/images/floyd-mayweather-200.jpg
6/25/13 3:38 AM
Team GDP
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biggest excuse after floyd wins will be that canelo is too young

6/25/13 4:44 AM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Stick to your dumbass Bellator threads you are clearly out of your element here. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 5:23 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to give Mayweather credit for finally fighting a bigger, skilled fighter in his prime. He's not the greatest of all time though and never will be. I wish he stepped up and fought Sergio Martinez 2 years ago but he wasn't willing to risk his record. When I think of the greatest P4P fighters ever, someone like Durn comes to mind. He starts his career at lightweight then wins at welter and didn't hesitate to move up to middleweight and fight the most dominant champ in any weight class at the time, Marvin Hagler. I want to see Mayweather do something like that.
6/25/13 6:26 AM
smags
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:07 AM
semtex0809
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo is overrated Phone Post
6/25/13 11:16 AM
ep915

I agree except canelo always gasses if the fight goes past round 9.. I think canelo is a little overrated as trout was able to neutralize him pretty well with little more than his jab. But its the fight everyone wants and im pretty excited. I got mayweather by decision here he picks him apart with his superior speed and skill.
6/25/13 11:45 AM
kostello

An old Shane Mosley hung with Canelo.

Floyd will see some adversity early on but once he figures out Canelo... it's time to go get more hot wings and play cards. The fight will be over and it'll be another Floyd showcase as usual.

Floyd's confidence is at an all time high and right now, I don't think he cares if he loses like he used to be afraid to lose. He knows they're fighting him at an older age so that will be his excuse but I think Bernard Hopkins has inspired a lot of these older fighters, it still comes down to skill and experience.

I'll buy it because Canelo is a lot heavier but if he's eating punches all night, it won't matter. Floyd is smart enough to hold if he gets into trouble.
6/25/13 11:47 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any chance Floyd stops him?

Does Floyd even have the ability, barring a sucker punch, to stop top guys any more?

I like Canelo, but this fight is for money, and not because he is ready for Mayweather.

The PPV buys for this will be nuts.
6/25/13 1:31 PM
sniper1026

MMALOGIC - 

Correct!!!

Want to impress me....

Fight the new PED enhanced Juan M. Marquez or move up in weight and fight Sergio Marinez.

He needs to challenge himself....

That is soemthing he has not done in a long time!!!
6/25/13 1:40 PM
Phisher

I love how Mayweather still gets shit for his choice of opponents after agreeing to face the most dangerous guy available who most people were demanding him to fight a couple of months ago.

9/7/13 2:48 AM
AttentionDeficitDizzle

Only 8 days to go bitches!!

9/7/13 2:52 AM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge Canelo fan, but it's going to be PBF all day. This is going to be a great learning experience for Alvarez.

It's crazy to think he's only 23. His future is still on the rise even after this fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.