UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Mayweather / Alvarez Thread

9/7/13 9:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thuglife13
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard Work! Dedication! Bitchez!!!

Canelo don't wanna see Money May wit da heata' cuz Floyd is gonna knock the brakes off him son!
9/7/13 11:05 PM
You're a Good Boy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TMT Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 3:36 PM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

I love how Mayweather still gets shit for his choice of opponents after agreeing to face the most dangerous guy available who most people were demanding him to fight a couple of months ago.

Exactly! It doesn't matter who he fights his haters will always say he took the easy way out even though he is usually taking one of the top 2 fights available for him. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 3:50 PM
XcessiveZ

Floyd is gonna pick Canelo apart in the later rounds.He needs to be careful early but he is defensively brilliant and will figure Canelo out and slowly dismantle him, IMO.Cant wait for this or! Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 4:07 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd via UD.

9/8/13 6:45 PM
tbi0904
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of guys are ridiculous. Moseley hung with Canelo? Guerrero more talented the Canelo? Trout had an effective jab? Just stop. I got Mayweather by decision but it's gonna be a lot more competitive then a lot of you think. Canelo ain't no slow Mexican brawler. Phone Post
9/8/13 7:15 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

if Canelo was more dangerous than pacman Floyd wouldnt be fighting him.

! Phone Post
9/8/13 7:48 PM
Live in Vegas
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my opinion, the general premise of this thread is flawed. Floyd has NEVER fought a name fighter in their prime. He catches them early on their way up (hence this fight) or many years past their primes (Mosely, DLH,). Floyd is the master ducker.
9/8/13 8:48 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live in Vegas - In my opinion, the general premise of this thread is flawed. Floyd has NEVER fought a name fighter in their prime. He catches them early on their way up (hence this fight) or many years past their primes (Mosely, DLH,). Floyd is the master ducker.

He's getting Canelo in his prime though, which is why the fight is so dangerous.  It's about to go down!

9/8/13 8:55 PM
Leck Brosnar

AttentionDeficitDizzle - 
Live in Vegas - In my opinion, the general premise of this thread is flawed. Floyd has NEVER fought a name fighter in their prime. He catches them early on their way up (hence this fight) or many years past their primes (Mosely, DLH,). Floyd is the master ducker.

He's getting Canelo in his prime though, which is why the fight is so dangerous.  It's about to go down!

This fight is in 5 years?
9/8/13 9:09 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 9:25 PM
ElChupaNibre
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more pumped to see the Matthysse fight the Mayweather fight is like a cool bonus.
9/8/13 10:47 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElChupaNibre - I'm more pumped to see the Matthysse fight the Mayweather fight is like a cool bonus.

I hope Mathysse crushes Garcia.
9/8/13 11:01 PM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be working the night of the fights so gonna miss it. But I see Mayweather taking the decision. Canelo will probably have him in trouble a few times but Floyd is a very smart boxer and his technique and a solid fight plan will get him the win.

The Mathysse / Garcia fight should be awesome as well. Great co main event for this.

9/9/13 2:09 AM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live in Vegas - In my opinion, the general premise of this thread is flawed. Floyd has NEVER fought a name fighter in their prime. He catches them early on their way up (hence this fight) or many years past their primes (Mosely, DLH,). Floyd is the master ducker.
That's not exactly true. He's fought the likes of Judah, Castillo, Hatton and Corrales in their prime but I agree with you that he's selective in choosing his opponents.

This is the fight everyone wanted to see excluding Pac so we can't complain too much. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 3:43 AM
Skeezy420
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/13 3:45 AM

Trout gave Canelo issues, and although he did drop Trout, it went the distance and was close decision with some actually scoring it for Trout. The best part is Trout fights a Mayweather style of counter-boxing with a lot of rolls and tie ups at times. He however is no where near as good at it as Mayweather.

With that said, another easy night for Floyd. 10 rounds to 2, Pretty Boy Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

9/9/13 4:15 AM
bennit
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo struggles to make 154 and to drop another 2 pounds as a growing fighter at 23 years old will tell after a few rounds of chasing mayweather.

Mayweather will box his ears off.I would like to see canelo win but cannot see it happening,stranger things have happened in Boxing tho.This is the same type of catch weight deal that Pac did with Margarito.

Canelo beat Trout but he clearly had to pace himself to go the full 12,against Mayweather at 152 will be a big ask.

According to Nazeem Richardson during the Mosely fight he claimed that Canelo struggled to make weight for that fight and that was May 2012.

We will see next week.

9/9/13 5:19 AM
boxing wiz
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo is pretty slow on his feet. If Floyd moves on the outside all fight, and makes Canelo come foreward, Canelo will lose by a wide margin. Canelo does have fast hands though, and if Floyd stays more flat footed, he could get clipped by something on the way out when he tries to land the lead right that he likes to throw.
9/9/13 5:40 AM
eXtv
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Canelo comes in with the gameplan to punish Floyd's arms and body early, get him against the ropes and rough him up this fight could get really interesting. This is the most trouble Floyd has been in since he fought Castillo and Canelo has a better chance at dethroning him than anyone since that fight.

Do I think he will? No. I think the weight cut and Canelo's stamina issues coupled with how his defense deteriorates over the course of the fight will end up punishing him in the later rounds and Floyd will end up dominating him for the latter portion of the fight.
9/9/13 10:24 AM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand how people think manny would have anything for Floyd, especially after Manny's last fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 10:36 AM
eXtv
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doc T - I don't understand how people think manny would have anything for Floyd, especially after Manny's last fight. Phone Post 3.0

Manny was kicking Marquez's ass up until when he was caught with that perfect counter shot from a JMM that had almost certainly used steroids in his training camp. Floyd has never had that kind of power and a fight with Pac even at this point would still be very interesting.
9/9/13 1:19 PM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

I love how Mayweather still gets shit for his choice of opponents after agreeing to face the most dangerous guy available who most people were demanding him to fight a couple of months ago.

But the only people Floyd gets shit from are people not really worth listening to, Floyd, in the eyes of the boxing world that matters is without question this generations best P4P boxer, I've been in world class boxing gyms and no one talks about Floyd as if he's some second rate boxer who's good only because he supposedly picks his fights, love him or hate him he's the closet thing to text book perfect boxing today. Maybe one day he will lose, if you fight long enough eventually everyone does but it won't take away from his incredible skill set. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 3:40 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - 
AttentionDeficitDizzle - 

This fight is in 5 years?

Canelo is an early bloomer because he turned pro so young and has had a lot of fights.  He's kinda like Vitor, is hitting the physical prime early.  Alvarez is right around his peak...not sure if he is going to bring anything new to this fight.  It's an interesting idea though to consider he'll improve.  I think of him more like Zab Judah when Zab fought Money.  I think it's possible Alvarez might hurt Money, which would be the peak of any boxer's capability in Money's weight classes in the past 15 years, except for Zab.  Only Zab has ever really lit him up, though it was short-lived.  That was the height of Zab's ability.  It's hard to make a prediction in this fight because Alvarez is capable of taking out Mayweather.  Many analysts are assuming it'll be a 12-rounder with Mayweather winning by a closer-than-normal margin.  The only assumption I am willing to make at this point is since Mayweather is stepping up against a dangerous guy like this, he's got to be confident and likely recognizes something in Alvarez's style that makes Alvarez appear to be less of a threat than a lot of us think.  Personally, I think Mayweather is risking a lot; definitely more than he would have risked fighting Pacman because he would've dismantled Pacman with his right.  Money is not afraid of this fight for some reason, and I get the impression from him in his pressers that he is confident he can manage Alvarez's speed, power, and stamina.  It could be like watching Ricky Hatton get killed, but I don't think so.  I think Mayweather sees some vulnerability though in Alvarez so he was willing to jump into that fight fairly easily, even with all of the other distractions he's dealt with lately.  He may fight it easy and pace himself and keep making him miss while stealing rounds, or he might try to take him out.  I think with Alvarez's ability that if he can peak he'll make it very tough on Mayweather and we should see a crazy back-and-forth fight.  It could be the biggest fight of the past 10 years.  This has all the ingredients to be beyond epic.  

9/9/13 3:55 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle

Johnny D - 
Phisher -

But the only people Floyd gets shit from are people not really worth listening to, Floyd, in the eyes of the boxing world that matters is without question this generations best P4P boxer, I've been in world class boxing gyms and no one talks about Floyd as if he's some second rate boxer who's good only because he supposedly picks his fights, love him or hate him he's the closet thing to text book perfect boxing today. Maybe one day he will lose, if you fight long enough eventually everyone does but it won't take away from his incredible skill set. Phone Post 3.0

on point Johnny

9/9/13 4:36 PM
Thuglife13
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't believe that...

Money May is the Grand Poohbah of boxing in this generation. There's a reason he makes the insane amount of money he makes with each and every fight. Oh and LoL @ De La Hoya with his loose lips talking bout' he laid out the "blueprint" to beat Floyd and handed it to Canelo eventhough he got the brakes knocked off by Money May. With that being said, I too hope Garcia gets owned by Mathysse, partly because his dad is one of the worst human turds with legs along with Robert Guerrero's dad...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.