UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Mayweather / Alvarez Thread

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/9/13 5:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
845 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv, seems like a game plan most talk about, get Floyd on the ropes and stick to the body...but when he's countering you with punches, that goes out the door quick. You want to hit him harder in the head. 

I'm glad Floyd brought this up recently, the guy is so paranoid about perfection, you don't think he's bringing in guys that does everything Canelo will try? He's got flat footed guys, quick handed guys, guys that strictly go to the body, bigger guys etc. He's going to be prepared for everything and anything Canelo brings. 

also another important tool people don't mention, Floyd uses those ropes as leverage, he loves to bounce off them for defense and offense. When you think you have him in distance, he'll just lean back on the ropes and create that short opening.

9/9/13 5:57 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/13 5:58 PM
I would love to see Alvarez win but I reckon PBF experience will help him win a close points decision
9/9/13 6:03 PM
Brian Rule
525 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

if Canelo was more dangerous than pacman Floyd wouldnt be fighting him.

this. first post end of thread Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 6:23 PM
eXtv
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a Good Boy - 
Brian Rule -
MMALOGIC -

if Canelo was more dangerous than pacman Floyd wouldnt be fighting him.

this. first post end of thread Phone Post 3.0
Lol stick to mma logic mmalogic. Floyd beats canelo and manny easy. Phone Post 3.0

You're delusional if you think Canelo and Pac are "easy" wins for Floyd. I would have favoured Pac to beat him if they fought in 2008/2009 when Pac was in his prime form but now that fight has lost relevance and Pac is not the same guy anymore.

Canelo will lose I think but Floyd is not going to cruise past him. Canelo is his toughest opponent in a long, long time.
9/10/13 5:01 AM
Fat Girl Slayer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you think Pacquiao would have been the favorite to beat Floyd at any point in their careers, your crazy. Exactly what are the biggest wins on Pacquiao's resume? DeLaHoya, Hatton, Mosely or the 3rd Marquez fight? All four were coming off losses to Floyd. While fans try to blame the weight for Floyd's win over JMM, Juan says that the weight had nothing to do with his performance. He says Floyd is that good, and that Floyd just made him look bad. Everything that Juan does, Floyd does a lite better and faster. Manny was a legit beast through 135 LBS., but he was not the all time great at 147 that people like to believe. Manny's refusal to take the drug tests was the reason the fight was never made. Floyd was never afraid to fight Manny. The blood tests were to prove a poi t and to lead to a more stringent rule in how boxing tests fighters. The knowledgable boxing people will all tell you Manny had no chance of ever beating Floyd.
9/10/13 5:01 AM
Fat Girl Slayer

Edited: 09/10/13 5:04 AM
Double post
9/10/13 5:27 AM
Tilla

Fat Girl Slayer - If you think Pacquiao would have been the favorite to beat Floyd at any point in their careers, your crazy. Exactly what are the biggest wins on Pacquiao's resume? DeLaHoya, Hatton, Mosely or the 3rd Marquez fight? All four were coming off losses to Floyd. While fans try to blame the weight for Floyd's win over JMM, Juan says that the weight had nothing to do with his performance. He says Floyd is that good, and that Floyd just made him look bad. Everything that Juan does, Floyd does a lite better and faster. Manny was a legit beast through 135 LBS., but he was not the all time great at 147 that people like to believe. Manny's refusal to take the drug tests was the reason the fight was never made. Floyd was never afraid to fight Manny. The blood tests were to prove a poi t and to lead to a more stringent rule in how boxing tests fighters. The knowledgable boxing people will all tell you Manny had no chance of ever beating Floyd.

Pac's resume is MUCH better than Floyd's.

Floyd hasn't fought ONE person on the level of Barerra or Morales, let alone beat them multiple times.
9/10/13 6:35 AM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla -
Fat Girl Slayer - If you think Pacquiao would have been the favorite to beat Floyd at any point in their careers, your crazy. Exactly what are the biggest wins on Pacquiao's resume? DeLaHoya, Hatton, Mosely or the 3rd Marquez fight? All four were coming off losses to Floyd. While fans try to blame the weight for Floyd's win over JMM, Juan says that the weight had nothing to do with his performance. He says Floyd is that good, and that Floyd just made him look bad. Everything that Juan does, Floyd does a lite better and faster. Manny was a legit beast through 135 LBS., but he was not the all time great at 147 that people like to believe. Manny's refusal to take the drug tests was the reason the fight was never made. Floyd was never afraid to fight Manny. The blood tests were to prove a poi t and to lead to a more stringent rule in how boxing tests fighters. The knowledgable boxing people will all tell you Manny had no chance of ever beating Floyd.

Pac's resume is MUCH better than Floyd's.

Floyd hasn't fought ONE person on the level of Barerra or Morales, let alone beat them multiple times.
They both have great resumes but I have to agree with you, Barrera and Morales were the 2 of the best P4P when Manny fought them and he destroyed them.

People can argue that Barrera was on the slide and Morales couldn't make the weight anymore but I think they were still close to the peak of their powers when they fought Manny.

I'd rate those wins more then Floyd's wins against DLH, Hatton or Corrales.

The argument about who ducked who is a tough one. Manny should've took the test but Floyd shouldn't have demanded a 70/30 split when he did agree to the test. Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 1:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
845 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll give Manny the first Barerra fight, but Morales was on the decline...he had his wars with Barerra which took a lot out of him, he still beat Manny in the first fight and that was all he had left. Second fight he was having weight issues and wasn't the same fighter.

9/10/13 1:44 PM
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/10/13 10:37 PM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goocher - 

He has the best defence I've ever seen.

Is there anyone in history that's had a better defence than Floyd?

9/10/13 11:02 PM
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He isn't the most exciting, or the most likeable guy ever, but God damn he is good.
9/11/13 4:47 AM
edock02
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never been this pumped for a fight..mma or boxing.

head says Floyd, heart says Canelo.

WAR CANELO
9/11/13 5:37 AM
Thuglife13
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy to think that De La Hoya will be missing this event having the blueprint to hand to his most prized fighter Canelo but, will be "out to lunch" thanks to teh drugs.

Money May all day bitchez!
9/11/13 8:59 AM
Johnny D
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
goocher - 

He has the best defence I've ever seen.

Is there anyone in history that's had a better defence than Floyd?

Pernell Whitaker had better defense but Mayweather also possesses the greatest overall mastery of boxing skill in the sport. With the possible exception of Bernard Hopkins, no other fighter has a thicker encyclopedia of boxing tricks of the trade in his arsenal. Backed up by a massive wealth of old school knowledge from Floyd Sr. and Roger Mayweather, Team Mayweather, as a group, knows more about boxing than any other team in the business. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 5:07 PM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv - 
Doc T - I don't understand how people think manny would have anything for Floyd, especially after Manny's last fight. Phone Post 3.0

Manny was kicking Marquez's ass up until when he was caught with that perfect counter shot from a JMM that had almost certainly used steroids in his training camp. Floyd has never had that kind of power and a fight with Pac even at this point would still be very interesting.

You pac fans are delusional, and before that pac comeback JMM was kicking his ass dropped him with an overhand right, and i guess simply JMM steroids > Pacman steroids.
9/12/13 1:16 AM
Live in Vegas
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My last post was poorly thought out. I DO believe Floyd ducked all the real competition in their primes. Why I find it frustrating is because I think that even in any of their primes, be it Cotto, Mosely, Pac etc., I think Floyd was better and would have outclassed them all. To be as great as PBF is, and never let us see it at the top levels will be his legacy IMO.
9/12/13 1:16 AM
Live in Vegas
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My last post was poorly thought out. I DO believe Floyd ducked all the real competition in their primes. Why I find it frustrating is because I think that even in any of their primes, be it Cotto, Mosely, Pac etc., I think Floyd was better and would have outclassed them all. To be as great as PBF is, and never let us see it at the top levels will be his legacy IMO.
9/12/13 2:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think you should do a little research if you believe that  Live in Vegas.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.