UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Bellator will never be as good as the UFC

6/24/13 11:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3 Sided Square
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Dana ffs why are you even dignifying Bellasnore? You need to treat these guys like you've never heard of em. McMahon these wannabes.
He's not really directing it at Bellator, for the most part Bellator has never really said they aim to be better than the ufc. The comment is more towards all the anti everything zuffa people who keep saying that Bellator is on its way to be the next ufc. They do it everytime, no matter how many shows they have put on, if an org pops up today someone will post how "they have the chance to surpass the ufc" Phone Post
6/24/13 11:26 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About 1/3 of the way through reading that quote the voice in my head turned from Dana White to a black rapper and his posse behind him goin "what! what! yeay yeay!"

Dana layin it out.
6/24/13 11:26 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About 1/3 of the way through reading that quote the voice in my head turned from Dana White to a black rapper and his posse behind him goin "what! what! yeay yeay!"

Dana layin it out.
6/24/13 11:27 PM
epwar
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before MMALOGIC...ah, damn it!

6/24/13 11:38 PM
Kings21

ssj - Bellator got swag that UFC lost years ago

i like how ufc talks itself up all the time yet gives us TRASH PPV's and watered down cards

I enjoy Bellator fights but man I have to admit that when I tune into any UFC card, I get pumped. The build up, the entrances, the hype leading up to it.

With Bellator I feel that they lack a bit of that. You turn it on, they talk about a few fights, go to commercial and the guys are already in the ring and theres little lead up. Which is fine, I enjoy the fights a ton but I believe the lack the swagger that the UFC has and has maintained.

6/24/13 11:40 PM
SD CARTEL
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right but I still enjoy it immensely and will support it 100%!
6/24/13 11:41 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator is not worried about Dana's opinions. lol

6/25/13 12:09 AM
chalice

do you guys think it's more likely that bellator could become bigger than the UFC or that the UFC could become bigger than the NFL or soccer in brazil or whatever dana said?

6/25/13 12:11 AM
Kings21

chalice - do you guys think it's more likely that bellator could become bigger than the UFC or that the UFC could become bigger than the NFL or soccer in brazil or whatever dana said?

I think its more likely that the UFC will have problems and suffer big time. Maybe Bellator could fill the hole. I dont see the UFC being bigger than the NFL or soccer in Brazil. Not gonna happen.
6/25/13 12:16 AM
Th3Rooster

epic hero - 
Willy the Coyote -  So what? It's an alternative, and an entertaining one at that. Phone Post

This, I'm not looking for the next UFC just free entertaining fights

Double agree. I kinda hope they can run in parallel and provide us some cross title fights and some mixed promo tournaments.
6/25/13 12:17 AM
Chris27

UFC/MMA will never be close to the NFL in the US or soccer globally.

I get they have done a ton in the last 10 years to get where they are and nobody thought it would be as big as it got so its cool that he dreams big but it will never happen.

It will never become that big in the US or globally. 

6/25/13 12:24 AM
MMArijuana

Bellator could overtake the UFC in popularity. It has happened before, but it is unlikely. There is a small chance history could repeat it's self but chances are, Bellator will never create or be able to afford super star fighters(such as Scott Hall, Kevin Nash) that'll elevate Bellator to UFC's level.
6/25/13 1:12 AM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's right, and if Bellator's ratings continue they may soon be nonexistent.
6/25/13 2:39 AM
paluka

how is it going to be huge for the sport if bellator fails? It's not like ufc isn't mainstream, or that they are hurting financially. The sport has an outlet and ufc getting more exposure isn't necessarily beneficial for the sport.
6/25/13 4:06 AM
Blunderhooks
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post
Forget 1997, they would have thought that in 2007 or 2008. Maybe 2009.

Dana is right though. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 4:28 AM
crazydave
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ufc will remain the bigger organization but bellator can still have awesome fights. Phone Post
6/25/13 4:49 AM
Ruthless Rye
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -  There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post

Troll your boat.

Microsoft eats an apple a day, son.

Stock market prices don't tell shit. Every major business and corporation uses Windows...all of them.

And, the UFC is doomed.
6/25/13 5:04 AM
CindyO

FightSpace - Seems like if your not one of about 10 guys the UFC isn't treating you very well these days. Wouldn't be surprised to see many guys jump ship over the next few years. Phone Post 3.0

How are they not treating fighters well that makes you think guys will be jumping ship to a lesser promotion? The guys you see "jumping ship" (with the exception of only a few) were cut therefore they had no choice but to find another promoter. And how many Bellator fighters have been in the media over their contracts recently (12 months), back to back??? Now compare that number to the UFC and tell me where there has ever been multiple UFC contract problems in the media at the same time like that.

Even WSOF 3, with a gate revenue of just over 100k and 2,500 spectators managed to have ALLLLLLL of their athletes drug tested this past event. Viacom won't even make sure the playing field is level for their athletes by doing the same and the multi-billionaire company running Bellator can dayum sure afford it. They can pay better as well as afford insurance for their athletes like Zuffa does too... but they don't bother. Thoughts or comments???

Yep! I'd jump ship in a minute from the UFC to Bellator if I were a fighter because there are sooooo many benefits=) Love the athletes, will watch their shows, and am glad they are getting opportunities to grow but LOL@ the decision making idiots!

Cindy

6/25/13 6:08 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
ATT's Liborio on Bubba Jenkins' Bellator deal:
"Bellator's going to be a perfect place for him to actually build up, to get to UFC level"
6/25/13 6:19 AM
RiskyMMA

Perhaps not, but I prefer to watch Curran, Alvarez, Chandler and a few other bellator fighters more than 95% of the UFC roster.
6/25/13 7:02 AM
Kolsyrade
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is Dana´s JOB to praise UFC and claim noone elese will ever be as good as the company that is paying him.

I am not saying thatt he is wrong, but even if he was, he would still be saying it.

6/25/13 7:15 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Bellator Fan - PRIDE was bigger than the UFC but killed theirselves......literally and figuratively through organized crime. Those other organ were run by simpletons and Rebney isn't one. Phone Post 3.0
Bingo Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 7:26 AM
CindyO

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Bellator Fan - PRIDE was bigger than the UFC but killed theirselves......literally and figuratively through organized crime. Those other organ were run by simpletons and Rebney isn't one. Phone Post 3.0
Bingo Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO!!! You usually bitch about Zuffa/DW killing Pride so its good to see you finally see the light that they did it to themselves.

Cindy

6/25/13 7:39 AM
PeteyWheatstraw
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator will never amount to shit because Dana is on the fuckin' phone! ALL THE FUCKIN' TIME! 24/7! And he ain't callin' fuckin' Cleo! He is fixing fucked up shit and bringing fuckin' nations TOGETHER!

lol. I like how it all boils down to Dana and his phone. Dude is just silly. A lot of people work hard man. Not just you.

He's probably not even on the phone all that much, imo.
6/25/13 8:05 AM
PeteyWheatstraw
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Dana has to sleep at least 3 hours"

Yeah, but even while sleeping, Dana duct tapes a phone to his head and dreams about working hard for UFC.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.